CS95 shirt, worn in or outside the waist

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by 1920, Dec 4, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was reading another topic about good kit we are issued with and it brought up a thought about how the CS95 shirt is worn. I have seen the majority wearing it tucked in. A few wear it out.

So whats the correct version?

Looking to start a thread here on dress regs maybe!!
  2. It actually meant to be worn outside - from what I have heard, however it it is up to local rules as to how you have to wear it.

That is the most boringest post I have ever written.
  3. I think you will find that dress regs, say out.

It’s always been one of those silly bone of contentions.

Recently I was attached to a unit at BLMF. My own unit doesn’t appear to care one-way or the other as long as you do your job.

The visiting RSM to this unit riffted me, about leaving my shirt tucked out. You would have thought Id spat on the Holy Grail or something. I commented on dress regs & was informed the only regs that count are the ones I say do.
  4. Doesn't it have something to do with whether you have an odd number of letters in your surname? or is it just boring?
  5. Isn't the "shirt" actually a jacket, lightweight? So it would seem it should be worn as a jacket i.e. untucked.
  6. You can wear it on the outside if you are happy to be an american looking scruffy tosser. And your RSM is blind, ignorant or from a corp!!! (Calm down I'm only joking.)
  7. As long as you wear it with a tie in the Mess you won't go far wrong, in or out.
  8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Actually this gets on my tit's. And I recognise I'm a tosser for caring

The [norweigian] "shirt" is supposed to be worn under other items of clothing.

The "jacket, Lightweight" is supposed to be worn out but of course you look like a lazy yank tosser. Or a 17 year at a disco...

So I wear mine tucked in.

Shooting at Bisley this year, Sgt Tosser gives me a rifting for dressing onto the point without wearing my jacket (35c this June?) - too which I then give him a rifting for being a twat. Which seemed fair, and then I fcked off as I didn't want to shoot the pistol anyway and it was too damn hot to go and dig out all the necessary pams.
  9. Actually I dont think it's at all important whether it's worn in or out....what is important is how you accessorise!!! 8) after all when everybody is wearing the same must have fashion of the moment 'The Tree Look' you have to look something special to stand out from the crowd :D
  10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Shirts are in! Although as a jacket it could be out! Dull post! But funny!
  11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

13. normally my unit wears it in unless somewhere warm where its worn out
  14. Anyone here do the hokey cokey?
  15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

go to bed. And take Woody with you.