CS operator or CS engineer

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Dammj, Jan 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just want some opinions from people about these two jobs,
    not sure which one to make my first option.
    i know the difference just wanted an insight to which job is better
    i have looked on the army website aswell.
  2. There are dozens of threads on the subject....try searching mate!
  3. engineer then when you fail that become an operater.
  4. i did search but just got loads of people saying that both jobs are bad "/
    so are you saying its better to be an engineer then ?
  5. IMO, engineer is the better choice. But you know what they say about opinions right? In one trade you will learn how the equipment works and how to repair it, in the other you will learn how to use it. The question is, what do you want to do?
  6. im doing cse as my first choice, but i choose it because i would rather repair the equipment, you will only find out if you like it by trying.
  7. Bollocks, much more fun braking it
  8. One point which might sway you:

CS Engineer gets promoted to LCpl on succesful completion of all elements of Phase 2 (inc PNCO Cadre) and therefore goes straight to LCpl High-Band pay (C. £23.5K per annum). CS Operator will be a low-band Signaller until promoted to LCpl.
  9. I concur.

CS Eng(I)
  10. At the end of the day fella, think about the bigger picture. If you become a Communcation Systems Engineer you will gain excellent qualifications throughout your career that you will be able to take with you out into civvy street (although I would hazard a guess that this might be a little bit too far in the future for you at the minute). However, either career choice would prove beneficial to you whilst in the army. Enjoy.
  11. As if anyone takes a Tech LCpl seriously, man up and be an Operator, its a much better job at the the end of the day, CS Eng = Bender.
  12. I take it that you failed as a tech then?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Is that why most of the females in the Corps are Operators? Mong.
  14. Is that why most techs love cock?
  15. Must agree with you Biffta112, most techs are gay; my brother is a tech, he's married & still gay!

And no everyone, I fully enjoyed being a TG (Operator to the young 'uns), without doubt; God's trade. Tech's are only good for one thing, I still can't work out what that is yet...... Oh yes BLR'ing things, at least the REME techs can fix things properly!

Biffta112, get the shagging brews on