CS ENG Golden Hello £1250

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by willy57, Apr 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We have all gone through our careers to date to some extent with a carrot dangled in front of our noses to persuade us to go that little further, some i remember off of the top of my head:

£3500 for finishing trade training (well after I did my training :( )
    £2500 5 yr money
    £2000 8 yr money
    £5000 for passing class 1
    £10000 for passing YofS or FofS courses

yada yada - my post is related to yet another of these bonuses - recently saw a leaflet in Blandford that is offering soldiers on the new CS courses a £1250 Golden Hello.

Does anyone know if this is actually true as the admin office have never heard about it as there is no DIN published to confirm it I am told it is in the process of being written and will be published in around 3-4 weeks.

2. No you don't get a bonus for going CS Eng.

I re-traded to IS Eng and got nowt.

As for bonuses when I was in my previous trade the class 1's were getting £10k but by the time I got there it was nowt. They started to give class 3's a grant after I had finished that just for finishing trade WTF!!!

Mibd you I have been lucky enough to get the 5 and 8 year monies!

3. Would be intrigued to learn of why we were handing out a £3500 bonus for CS Engr class 3.

However, have heard on the rumour mill, CS Engr Class 1s are getting a HND, CCSE and MCSE!

4. Yes you are correct. New entrant CS Engrs are receiving the £1250 golden hello. There is one other trade group receiving the same amount, I think it could be the CS Op but don't quote me on this.

They have also dropped the entrant qualifications required from 4 GCSEs (A-C) to 3 for CS Engr, and to Nil for CS Op.

5. Nice. There will be some some switched on Operators coming through the pipeline then.

Nil GCSE's you say. Must be some sort of benchmark though?

6. No HND, but they are doing MCSE (Windows 2003) and CCNA (Exploration), as well as the ITIL v.3 Foundation in Service Management and some other bits and bobs.

7. PD, are they doing the courses complete with the MCP exams or just the courses?

8. I've been pondering over that very same question.

I imagine it'll be a case of using learning credits to fund exams, which I think we get discount on.

I'm sure PD will shed some light :)

9. To be honest I'm still not 100% sure - it's all a bit fuzzy, even now. I think the policy is that, in order to pass the published training objectives, the NCO just needs to pass a "mock" exam based on the pukka one. Then if someone wants the proper certification they need to organise and pay for it off their own back. Sorry I can't be any more helpful right now, as there have a succession of bunfights and it's not quite resolved yet.

RSS is in the process of trying to get set up as a Prometric testing centre, which brings the price per-exam down to about £40-odd quid and makes things a lot more affordable.

That was the long answer. The short answer is that it's still up in the air (even though the first course has started) :(

10. Heard that the lads will have to fund the actual official exam.