CRYOTEX knives by JML

E

exmunkey

Has anyone bought or used Cryotex knives.

£45 for a 3 knife set is fantastic value if it does what is says. Being a cynic I don't believe a word of it

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
you knock JML, but they're one of **the** success stories in the UK of the last few years. the advertising and concepts may be a bit cheesy, but if they were just trying to flog crap that no one wanted and didnt work anyway they wouldnt have gotten where they are.

E

exmunkey

yeah I know, was just being asking in the hope that my instincts were wrong.

Did buy a Mora knife on recommendation from the site and it's the mutts nuts, a field knife thats sharp enough to shave with, always a good test and way cheaper than a comparable kitchen knife

E

exmunkey

can understand the first 2 because they can be very dangerous in the wrong hands but why fatties

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
you knock JML, but they're one of **the** success stories in the UK of the last few years. the advertising and concepts may be a bit cheesy, but if they were just trying to flog crap that no one wanted and didnt work anyway they wouldnt have gotten where they are.
They sell shite to shopaholics.

T

Tremaine

This hobby stuff has its place, somewhere I s'pose. But these things below are what we call knives. Just saying. And they're Solingens.

Attachments

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Nonsense, their combined letter-opener and potato-peeler is a marvel of Spanish design and Chinese craftsmanship. I especially love the way it folds up to form a handy protective case for a banana to go in your packed lunch.
My sister-in-law has bought every gadget under the sun. My brother has a double garage his car can't have see the inside for 20 years as its full of shit.
He sends her on holiday and makes several trips to charity shops to get rid, she doesn't know it's gone. She's bought so much stuff for my parents they've a bedroom full of things like bread makers and muslamic ray gun rotisseries. My mother is 82 and doesn't trust ray gun cooking methods and makes her own bread.
Anyway if you want decent knives ask one of the chefs on here.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nonsense, their combined letter-opener and potato-peeler is a marvel of Spanish design and Chinese craftsmanship. I especially love the way it folds up to form a handy protective case for a banana to go in your packed lunch.
My sister-in-law has bought every gadget under the sun. My brother has a double garage his car can't have see the inside for 20 years as its full of shit.
He sends her on holiday and makes several trips to charity shops to get rid, she doesn't know it's gone. She's bought so much stuff for my parents they've a bedroom full of things like bread makers and muslamic ray gun rotisseries. My mother is 82 and doesn't trust ray gun cooking methods and makes her own bread.
Anyway if you want decent knives ask one of the chefs on here.
And as if by magic!! Can back Tremaine up on the Solingens, bloody good knives, Henckel are another, you just can't beat a bit of German steel (don't ask any WW2 veterans though).

I use the damscus steel bladed kitchen knife from IKEA. Holds its edge very nicely and is cheap as chips compared to other damscus bladed offerings.

I got a box of Solingens as a wedding gift and never really got on with them but may have to dig them out and get them sharpened up again and give them another try.

My current favourites are a couple of Sabatier Trompette ones that I picked up from Robert Dyas, cheap as chips but do the job.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I got a box of Solingens as a wedding gift and never really got on with them but may have to dig them out and get them sharpened up again and give them another try.

My current favourites are a couple of Sabatier Trompette ones that I picked up from Robert Dyas, cheap as chips but do the job.
Carbon or Stainless?

Latest Threads