Crushed hardcore wanted. Can lead off. NE postcode

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TheIronDuke, Feb 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

My alleged mate has flogged his waste transfer station to the grown ups so I am cattled for crushed or even raw hardcore. There is a place opposite Newburn but I can never find it when I go over the river and besides, I dont like to go over the river unless for vengance. They talk funny over there.

Thompsons have a yard between West Moor and the A19 roundabout, but they are grown ups and they come from Prudhoe so their Mam will probably be their sister. Or possibly their 'uncle'. There is not much to do in Prudhoe during the long winter nights. Or any other time for that matter.

So, I want it a ton at a time and I aint paying more than a fiver a ton. Thanks for any help.

If anyone wants compost at around £35 a ton, I know just the man. PM me, yah?
  2. Crushed concrete for a fiver a ton. You've been spoilt. I was paying £10 per ton for a twenty ton load a couple of years ago. Dunno what it is now for a load but a ton bag is closer to £40 than £30.
  3. TheIronDuke

For £30 a ton I can choose between marine gravel and 10mm quarry gravel. Or quality topsoil or that black compost the eco-wariors make. Loose or dumpy-bags. I do not wish quality stuff. Just crushed Council houses. Meh. I suppose I shall have to make my peace with Thompsons.
  4. Just google 'Hardcore' sure you'll find something.
  5. TheIronDuke

Thanks jarrod. A Septic once asked me what I meant by 'manhole cover'. So I did an Image Google to show her. My brain still bears the scars.
  6. I shall be up your neck of the woods again this weekend I'll fetch some hardcore with me.
  7. TheIronDuke

Sadly I am in Paraguay next weekend.
  8. You are from south of the river? That makes you practically French.

rd, sat in my house in Wansbeck.
  9. That's a shame I've spent three hours filling the car up with hardcore stuff you may find useful.