Crusader cups and accessories

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by gorilla, Aug 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently using a Crusader cup, could anybody tell me where I can buy a plastic rim to stop burning my mouth.

Many Thanks

2. Shouldn't need it, it's a bi metal rim, theref roe should stay cool, I've hd no problems

3. There isn't a plastic rim for the Crusader.

4. Bit of Black Nasty?

5. H3

H3 LE

6. [​IMG]

The daddy of drinking vessels.........Aladdin thermal mug. Fits in webbing snugly, can get tea bags in top of vessel.

Again.................the daddy! :D

7. Unfortunatly there's a hole in the top which means the steam from your brew rises up and you get soggy tea bags.

8. That's for the aluminium cup that fits over the top of the bottle. Not the Crusader. The Crusader is the wrong shape to fit a plastic lip to.

9. Works wonders for me. Cheap and easily replaced.

10. Fcuk me! £3.24 each if you 20 or more. Are they sure? Kit Monster do those for £2.50 each for one! Cadet Direct? Direct to their offshore bank account more like.

11. "Fcuk me! £3.24 each if you 20 or more. Are they sure? Kit Monster do those for £2.50 each for one! Cadet Direct? Direct to their offshore bank account more like."

Couldn't agree more. And they'll string you for postage and packing.

12. Sure mine was only £1.50?

Anyway it sdoesnt stop the rim being too hot, as it sits just inside the cup and acts as more of a lid. Drinking with it fitted, your lower lip would still be touching the lip/rim of the cup

I cant say I ever found the crusader's rim too hot to drink from even straight off the burner (gel, trioxane or hexi)

Are you drinking it straight off a gas stove? Maybe thats why its uncomfortably hot.

The Teflon mug + rim from HM is okay, but is the coating foolproof? Thats why I prefer the brushed stainless steel of the Crusader. You cant fück it up in normal robust, devil-may-care squaddie style use.