Crusader cups and accessories

Currently using a Crusader cup, could anybody tell me where I can buy a plastic rim to stop burning my mouth.

Many Thanks

Shouldn't need it, it's a bi metal rim, theref roe should stay cool, I've hd no problems

Bit of Black Nasty?

northern_warrior said:
can get tea bags in top of vessel.
Unfortunatly there's a hole in the top which means the steam from your brew rises up and you get soggy tea bags.

"Fcuk me! £3.24 each if you 20 or more. Are they sure? Kit Monster do those for £2.50 each for one! Cadet Direct? Direct to their offshore bank account more like."

Couldn't agree more. And they'll string you for postage and packing.

Lady_Macbeth said:
HS12 said:
Is this the kind of thing you're looking for??

http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=1036
Fcuk me! £3.24 each if you 20 or more. Are they sure? Kit Monster do those for £2.50 each for one! Cadet Direct? Direct to their offshore bank account more like.
Sure mine was only £1.50?

Anyway it sdoesnt stop the rim being too hot, as it sits just inside the cup and acts as more of a lid. Drinking with it fitted, your lower lip would still be touching the lip/rim of the cup

I cant say I ever found the crusader's rim too hot to drink from even straight off the burner (gel, trioxane or hexi)

Are you drinking it straight off a gas stove? Maybe thats why its uncomfortably hot.

The Teflon mug + rim from HM is okay, but is the coating foolproof? Thats why I prefer the brushed stainless steel of the Crusader. You cant fück it up in normal robust, devil-may-care squaddie style use.

No teflon for me; stainless steel all the way, with a bit of old T-shirt inside to stop my waterbottle rattling. Teflon isn't soldier-proof, flakes off and is toxic once it has flaked off, and all it does is look ally and make cleaning a bit easier. Besides, it adds about four quid to the cost of the mug.

Mine is rapidly vanishing but certainlt not flaking off more like rubbing off, if I had the choice again would have gone stainless, as B_Z says fit for purpose