Cruddas Drops CMD In It Over Union With Scotland

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Mar 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Cameron's got no intention of saving the Union, why would he? The loss of 72 Scottish seats in the HofC will hardly damage his electoral prospects, will it?
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Oh, those nasty Unionists. It will be interesting to see how that well known David "Let's keep the UK united" Cameron talks his way out of this one.

Should be some laughs over the next day or so.
  4. It shouldn't come as that much of a surprise. It's only north of the border that they call themselves the Conservative and Unionist​ Party.
  5. At least they won't be stopping trains in Edinburgh for "passport control"
  6. Auld-Yin

So when do we start rebuilding Hadrian's Wall then?
  7. You'll never get planning permission for that!
  8. More to the point, when do we get shot of bloody Ulster?
  9. As soon as you can pay the Irish Republic enough to compensate them for the aggro of taking it on.
  10. Well, they are probably offering a good deal on parasite repatriation at the moment, it's worth asking.
  11. Auld-Yin

But CMD has just thrown out most of the planning laws :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Fire up the bank note printing presses!
  13. CMD and Tories caught being sly as well as being incompetent shocker.

I hope the Jocks get independence. I'll be made up if they draw the new border just south of Worcester so I get to go with them.
  14. So a party official who has already been found guilty of big-timing, mentions it would be best if the party officially said it backs the Union. This is then disclosed by a Murdoch newspaper. I can hardly see any party saying they want to break up the Union even if the Tories would gain rather a lot. Cameron certainly wouldn't want to go down in history as the PM who split the Union so I think he's quite legit when he says he wouldn't like it to happen.
    And what's wrong with calling Salmond "that mad Scotsman?" Probably takes it as a compliment.
  15. Auld-Yin

Stop being so bloody sensible - I'm enjoying this!