CRSM

Ventress

LE
1shot1kill said:
AMS Corps RSM should be open if it isn't already to all corps of the AMS. One day it will be a QA or RADC / VC and whether you CMT's like it or not, what that RSM says WILL go. Stop worrying about the future and help mould the seniors of tomorrow.
Theres a chilling comment- if they are seniors they should already be moulded.

So you think that all SNCOs are the complete product and need no further training or have no potential to develop further?

Possibly a little narrow minded?

I know we throw comments around about each other at the drop of a hat (CMT Wa*kers) but at the end of the day we need to stand together as the AMS so that we can command the respect of our fellow corps and arms throughout the pan army. I don't care who the AMS CRSM is, he or she would have worked hard to get there and deserves the respect of the OR's. The people that mock are normally the people that a bitter and jealous because of there own failings.

Ventress

LE
neanderthal said:
So you think that all SNCOs are the complete product and need no further training or have no potential to develop further?

I think they should be at a certain basic standard- i.e. knowing which way your medals go is pretty basic to me. You dont know you ask. They should know drill, basic stuff.

Every promotion is like part of an apprentiship- you learn things as a Pte then LCpl then Cpl, and it continues. Unfortunatley when you open your box of weetabix in the morning and find your a Cpl without any prior knowledge then you are going to be in trouble.

Everyone has things to learn in the future, no man is an island.

Ventress

LE
cosonostra said:
I know we throw comments around about each other at the drop of a hat (CMT Wa*kers) but at the end of the day we need to stand together as the AMS so that we can command the respect of our fellow corps and arms throughout the pan army. I don't care who the AMS CRSM is, he or she would have worked hard to get there and deserves the respect of the OR's. The people that mock are normally the people that a bitter and jealous because of there own failings.
Stand together?- with the 'CMT wan&ers' comment - is it any suprise the AMS is in the dark valley it is now.

QMan9193 said:
neanderthal said:

I think they should be at a certain basic standard- i.e. knowing which way your medals go is pretty basic to me. You dont know you ask. They should know drill, basic stuff.

Every promotion is like part of an apprentiship- you learn things as a Pte then LCpl then Cpl, and it continues. Unfortunatley when you open your box of weetabix in the morning and find your a Cpl without any prior knowledge then you are going to be in trouble.

Everyone has things to learn in the future, no man is an island.
I agree, they should be at a basic standard but nobody achieves sub Cpl without completing JMQC/CLM, so your analogy with the cereal packet may be stretching it somewhat!

I recognise that some may have reservations about the appointment of CRSM going to a CEG other than Cbt Med Tech, but surely this is fear of the unknown? Is there any other SNCO appointment in the AMS that is going to come under such intense scrutiny from the great and the good? They want to select the best person for the job; they have to, the individual will represent the AMS to the rest of the Army and the great and the good do not wish to be left with egg on their faces. Therefore I am confident that the best individual, who will represent the AMS most effectively will be selected.

Given the size of and the experience and excellence within the Cbt Med Tech CEG, 9 times out of 10 the CRSM will be a Cbt Med Tech. Do not fear the other 1/10, it will be an exceptional individual.

Ventress

LE
I have no problems with a non CMT SRSM, if they are the right person for the job then crack on and make the AMS a place to be proud of again.

My cereal packet analogy is based on my experience of qualified RGNs. I appreciate they have to be ranked in a position of authority to carry out certain tasks.

I can only feel for the next generation of RGNs that will be replacing the CMT in the field units, maybe it wasn't what they joined for. Bit off subject- maybe a new topic needed?

neanderthal said:
Do not fear the other 1/10, it will be an exceptional individual.
thank you, I accept the post :wink:

Karabiner said:
Whoever gets it will be deemed as best for the job at the time.
thats me again!!! thank you :D

DL said:
We're doomed, all doomed!
you definately are bud! :wink:

Have I missed something here?

If the 'Corps' we are chatting about is the RAMC, then the next CRSM (for the RAMC) can ONLY be drawn from the RAMC.

Are we talking about an AMS RSM? If so, thats a different thing.

The current CRSM is an impressive individual. The last one was, in my own opinion, good too. Both go in to bat for the Corps on a daily basis. Best of luck to them.

I have no problem with a non-CMT being the next CRSM. I'm from a tech CEG myself. But..... I would be concerned if someone with limited field unit and Op experience was to be selected.

You need someone who knows his/ her way around an HQ. But, also knows what the young Tom is putting up with at the Fd unit and whilst on Ops. He/ she should have a broad experience of the Big Army and what it does. In my experience, CMT's and EH personnnel fit that bill. I'm not so sure that, say, a BMS would have the necessary experience to pull it off.

Big Kahoona said:
In my experience, CMT's and EH personnnel fit that bill. I'm not so sure that, say, a BMS would have the necessary experience to pull it off.
Have to agree with you there BK! A BMS, at present, would not have enough experience to cope with being a unit RSM, let alone Corps RSM. It would need a major re-think on the BMS training front, courses, postings and rank ranging at field units! Mind you at present there aren't enough BMSs to do their job let alone anyone elses :?

ibilola said:
I'm putting my name forward. :eek:
hahaha you need to get past full screw yet!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ventress Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 40