Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

How do you know he was under arrest? He could have been detained for a search on the street and was being brought in for The Custody Sgt to authorise a strip search.

In which case, anything concealed around his genitals will not have been properly searched and he will have no cuffs on in order to undress himself if he is calm and compliant.

I don’t know whether this is correct, but is a possibility.

RIP.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Tweets from all and sundry including PMBJ saying how sorry they are about the officers death are pointless euphemisms for doing nothing. What is needed is action, I don't care what, but something has to be done.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures - Daniel Webster

Last edited:

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP 'nuff said.

Just on the BBC. According to the local Labour MP, Sarah Jones (Shadow Police Minister), Croydon is a wonderful, friendly diverse community. Hmm.

I'm terribly sorry, you appear to have mistyped.
The word isn't angry, it's stupid.
This thread is not about us. Do not make this personal between you and I.
Each of us express our feelings of frustration in different ways. If you don't like mine, so be it, but take it to the poo poo heads thread, let us not litter this thread with arguments that will get us nowhere.

Line drawn.

onefourbravo

Old-Salt
On BBC Ex Terrorist cop Chris Phillips telling it like it is and sticking the boot into society being more violent and likes of MPs and BLM etc about searching suspects. Fantastic, it was a thing of beauty.
Presenter saying we don’t know the background of any body involved so mustn’t link it to other political movements that are going on at the moment.
Try and catch the interview if you can but I don’t think it will be repeated.

Someone managed to record it
Chris Philips "We have a whole society ATM up in arms because police are daring to search people

Hopefully this tragic event will help push back on the malevolent types and their celebrity and political endorsers

Just on the BBC. According to the local Labour MP, Sarah Jones (Shadow Police Minister), Croydon is a wonderful, friendly diverse community. Hmm.

Last time I drove through there about 5 years ago it felt more like a rough suburb of some 3rd world city...

She gets the diverse bit right at least

Last edited:
With chocolate rivers, rainbows and children with gumdrop smiles.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures - Daniel Webster

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Shocking news.

Rest in Peace to the police officer and my condolences to his family.

They are certainly in my thoughts today.

I don’t think there is much else to say or do on this terrible day except to reflect on how some people really do risk their lives to ensure the safety of the rest of us and we should not forget that they do so.

Someone managed to record it
Chris Philips "We have a whole society ATM up in arms because police are daring to search people

Hopefully this tragic event will help push back on the malevolent types and their celebrity and political endorsers
Mr. Phillips is wrong - most of society wants these scrotes searched to sub-cutaneous levels all the time, constantly so they end up giving up. I, for one, don't mind a bit of collateral damage - can't be done otherwise, it's impossible - do the best to keep it to an absolute minimum, but don't let it be the reason why things aren't done to protect wider society.

The people that are up in arms are a minority who seem to have the MSM at their beck and call, ready to do their bidding with facts and truth coming a poor second to dogma and opinion.

What's far more frightening is the heads of the Police, seem to want to side with the criminals if there is a choice to be made.

Mr. Phillips is wrong - most of society wants these scrotes searched to sub-cutaneous levels all the time, constantly so they end up giving up. I, for one, don't mind a bit of collateral damage - can't be done otherwise, it's impossible - do the best to keep it to an absolute minimum, but don't let it be the reason why things aren't done to protect wider society.

The people that are up in arms are a minority who seem to have the MSM at their beck and call, ready to do their bidding with facts and truth coming a poor second to dogma and opinion.

What's far more frightening is the heads of the Police, seem to want to side with the criminals if there is a choice to be made.

Having Common Purpose and the like having such a strong influence over the heads of the Police can't be helping

How do you know he was under arrest? He could have been detained for a search on the street and was being brought in for The Custody Sgt to authorise a strip search.

In which case, anything concealed around his genitals will not have been properly searched and he will have no cuffs on in order to undress himself if he is calm and compliant.

I don’t know whether this is correct, but is a possibility.

RIP.

Hmm .. this just might be the reason, from the Sun
Snip "Police watchdog investigators are probing the arrest and how the gun was missed when he was searched.
The 23-year-old suspect was detained by special constables after he was seen 'acting suspiciously' and was taken by van to the custody suite in Windmill Lane just after 2am.
The handcuffed man - arrested on suspicion of possessing ammunition - managed to pull a gun from his trousers at Croydon custody centre and shot the veteran cop in the chest before shooting himself.

New Covid booking rules are in place and it is understood that the sergeant, thought to have been with the force nearly 30 years and just months from retirement, went to "meet and greet" the suspect.
The shooting is thought to have happened inside the custody suite as the prisoner was about to be assessed and have his temperature and details taken."

Surely if he had been arrested he should have been handcuffed, and not to the front but to the back, which would make it impossible to grab the gun from his pants & shoot the Sgt.
The ridiculous fact that this was not done and looking at the plethora of Police reality programmes on TV today, it seems the norm just to handcuff to the front, is putting police in unnecessary harms way!!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The Reverend Catherine Tucker, who was at the centre earlier, said: "The action taken against the police is really unacceptable but I also feel sorry for the perpetrator.

"Sadly, I am not surprised there has been a shooting in Croydon.

"There are tensions between the police and young people particularly in relation to stop and search and the way the police relate to the community."
In the BBC report. Didn't take long.
Those engaging in nefarious activities object to police interference?

I couldn't be more shocked.

I just wish that we had politicians at all levels who would come out and say that stop and search will continue until matters improve.

Look at me not holding my breath.

RIP and condolences to the individual and family. A bloody awful day.

Latest Threads