Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

Misterio

Old-Salt
The fact that certain media outlets, i.e. the BBC, haven't released a description of the suspect tells you all you need to know about them.

My thoughts and prayers to the family of the victim, and my sincerest hopes that the animal responsible suffers terribly for the rest of his days.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I didn't realise that had stopped. I just presumed that all suspects would be searched as a matter of course.
Is it a Met. thing or nationwide. Worrying if that is the case.

I have no idea what METPOL are up to nowadays, but we in Thames Valley in the eighties, *always* searched after arrest and *everybody* was handcuffed, even shoplifters and drunken women.

The Reverend Catherine Tucker, who was at the centre earlier, said: "The action taken against the police is really unacceptable but I also feel sorry for the perpetrator.

"Sadly, I am not surprised there has been a shooting in Croydon.

"There are tensions between the police and young people particularly in relation to stop and search and the way the police relate to the community."
In the BBC report. Didn't take long.
Strange that the local MP (Labour) interviewed earlier said although it had it’s problems it was a basically friendly area and that the local were shocked at the shooting.

ETA Chris Powell in his interview also said the suspect may not have even been from Croydon as suspects are often taking to holding centres for processing from other areas.

Back in my day, I'd be charged for breaking SOP's and possibly dereliction of duty. But times change and not always for the better. I guarantee that searching immediately after handcuffing at the scene will now return.
It never went away, but an arrest search prior to transport can never be as thorough as a full search in custody where the Sgt can also authorise a strip search.

The facts need to be determined calmly and logically. At the end of the day only one person is responsible for this, the one pulling the trigger.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Felt sorry for the perp? No wonder the established church is losing public support hand over fist.
Now I’m not religious in the slightest and I’m not supporting her view, but I’m guessing the fundamental Christian principle of forgiveness has kind of passed you by?

The fact that certain media outlets, i.e. the BBC, haven't released a description of the suspect tells you all you need to know about them.

I cannot really think of an occasion when a suspect's description would be released or circulated by the media when the suspect in question was not at large. What on earth would be the point?

The name will be released when the suspect is charged or appears at the initial hearing (unless a minor).

My thoughts and prayers to the family of the victim, and my sincerest hopes that the animal responsible suffers terribly for the rest of his days.
I read somewhere, maybe the Telegraph, that the suspect is Sri Lankan

Good grief.
A God Botherer stepping up in public.
Not seen much of her like this last 7 months.
Our son is processing a new batch of trainee recruits this week. Suffice to say, he had a "little talk" with them in one of the halls this morning. A few of them looked like bunnies caught in headlamps. Reality check.
It's just too bloody awful to try and absorb. The Officer was set to retire as I understand it. I really hope he did not suffer much. I really hope the shooter suffers greatly for the rest of his life...if he has one. SWMBO is a wee tough lass mentally but even she was filling up earlier.

According to the report I read, the poor bugger had 30 years in and only a couple more to go until retirement. When he went to work this morning, his family probably figured he'd done all the dangerous stuff much earlier in his career, and was now as safe as any copper on duty could be...

"Tragic" barely covers it. :(

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Now I’m not religious in the slightest and I’m not supporting her view, but I’m guessing the fundamental Christian principle of forgiveness has kind of passed you by?
She does have a crack at the Babylon though,
"There are tensions between the police and young people particularly in relation to stop and search and the way the police relate to the community."
It can only be the problem of how the police relate to the community, not how the community relate to law and order.

Felt sorry for the perp? No wonder the established church is losing public support hand over fist.

It’s called forgiveness.

Apparently it brings people back to life and all the world‘s problems go away. I once was forced to read a book about it and some guy did it. It was on a Friday, he took the weekend off and bingo, there he was, back on the Monday morning.

Latest Threads