Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

Tool

LE
There were occasions when dealing with insurgents that we didn't risk giving them morphine/fentanyl etc as we didn't know what they'd already taken, some were clearly off their ****

every effort was taken to ensure their survival, regardless of what they had (allegedly) done or how badly injured they were (ignoring the actions of some people)
applying one, or more, life-saving tourniquets and/or inserting a lot of hemcon/celox into a wound is incredibly uncomfortable.
One doesn't have to do anything underhand to a casualty
First, RIP to the police officer, irrespective of "what went wrong" prior to the incident.

On the bold - if it is a head injury the suicidee suffers, there will be a lot of pain. If I remember, head injuries often demand only local anaesthetic.

The Reverend Catherine Tucker, who was at the centre earlier, said: "The action taken against the police is really unacceptable but I also feel sorry for the perpetrator.

"Sadly, I am not surprised there has been a shooting in Croydon.

"There are tensions between the police and young people particularly in relation to stop and search and the way the police relate to the community."
In the BBC report. Didn't take long.

I know it's not very Arrseish, but how about we let the facts come out first ?

You answered your own question there, who needs facts when the Arrse collective is on the case

Get with the program...

The Reverend Catherine Tucker, who was at the centre earlier, said: "The action taken against the police is really unacceptable but I also feel sorry for the perpetrator.

"There are tensions between the police and young people particularly in relation to stop and search and the way the police relate to the community."
Sadly a typical sandal wearing right on vicarette attitude.

Stupid f*cking bitch.

Good grief.
A God Botherer stepping up in public.
Not seen much of her like this last 7 months.
Our son is processing a new batch of trainee recruits this week. Suffice to say, he had a "little talk" with them in one of the halls this morning. A few of them looked like bunnies caught in headlamps. Reality check.
It's just too bloody awful to try and absorb. The Officer was set to retire as I understand it. I really hope he did not suffer much. I really hope the shooter suffers greatly for the rest of his life...if he has one. SWMBO is a wee tough lass mentally but even she was filling up earlier.

Firstly, RIP to the Sergeant, and as the son of a (long-retired and now late-) Police Officer, condolences to his family and friends.

However, the BBC absolutely boil my piss with the inflammatory shit that they write. I quote:

The male officer was shot in the chest when a man, who was being detained, produced a weapon during a search. The suspect then turned the gun on himself.

That makes it sound as though the murderer was being arrested on the streets after a stop and search. He had already been detained and was being booked in at the nick.

As with George Floyd, the fact that thIs murderer was already under arrest for (presumably different) suspected criminal behaviour seems to have been either completely missed, or deliberately downplayed.

I hope the Met Police hold a proper funeral for him with a couple thousand Custodian helmets marching through the town with more blue lights than you’ve ever seen.

Without wishing to sound contrite or undermine the seriousness of the thread, old school police officers who have since gone to the great big nick in the sky, similar characters to these guys will be turning in their graves!

View attachment 507131View attachment 507133

Whatever happened to proper policing.

Political correctness, BAME, WOKE, Snowflakes, and people cow towing to the needs of the few at the expense of the many, and covering their own backsides is what happened to proper policing.

The world has gone mad.

Those people are actors who pretend to be other people for a living.

For once, I don't recommend giving your head a wobble. It seems the contents are already in a precarious situation and any further violent movement may dislodge them entirely.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
In case you hadn't noticed I am angry. My comments are driven, borne out of frustration that things like this are continually allowed to happen.

Smart Alec comments like yours don't help.

Move on.
I'm terribly sorry, you appear to have mistyped.
The word isn't angry, it's stupid.

First, RIP to the police officer, irrespective of "what went wrong" prior to the incident.

On the bold - if it is a head injury the suicidee suffers, there will be a lot of pain. If I remember, head injuries often demand only local anaesthetic.

Or a medically induced coma

pc flaps

Old-Salt
I've been seeing comments on Twitter about how the officer "chose their job", somehow making it alright that they get killed and then adding that blacks and other minorities don't get to choose. It's really gripping me.

Today is a good day to not look on Twatter.

I love the idea that minorities "don't get to choose". Er, what, so if the particular BME is a crim they are forced into that? No, they chose to break the effing law.

BBC reporting he was being searched at custody centre when produced firearm and shot officer dead before turning it on himself.
The ##### still alive.

How on earth does a detainee get from point of Arrest to booking in at a Custody Suite without being frisked??

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Shocking news.

Not many people outside law enforcement realise, that the Custody Sergeant is actually on the side of the arrested person.

The arresting Officer presents his 'prisoner' to the Custody Sergeant and makes a statement of fact of what the circumstances of the arrest were and the Custody Sergeant decides if there is a case to be answered and the arrest was lawful. There is always a possibility of the Custody Sergeant refusing to accept the arrest.

The last person in a Police Station I'd ever expect to not make it home after a shift is the Custody Sergeant.

Rest in Peace Skipper.

NSP

LE
Just watching reports on the BBC and looks like they are trying to link this incident to police numbers, the stress they are under etc.
Reporter at the scene reporting that the suspect fired 5 shots at the custody sargeant (who was within weeks of retiring) and 1 at himself and stating this showed that the weapon was ‘really loaded’.
Or it was a revolver...?

Last edited:

pc flaps

Old-Salt
On BBC Ex Terrorist cop Chris Phillips telling it like it is and sticking the boot into society being more violent and likes of MPs and BLM etc about searching suspects. Fantastic, it was a thing of beauty.
Presenter saying we don’t know the background of any body involved so mustn’t link it to other political movements that are going on at the moment.
Try and catch the interview if you can but I don’t think it will be repeated.

I love it when reality collides with the woke presenters. You can practically hear the producer screaming in their ear mic "shut him down don't let him talk!"

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
How on earth does a detainee get from point of Arrest to booking in at a Custody Suite without being frisked??

Back in my day, I'd be charged for breaking SOP's and possibly dereliction of duty. But times change and not always for the better. I guarantee that searching immediately after handcuffing at the scene will now return.

pc flaps

Old-Salt

Felt sorry for the perp? No wonder the established church is losing public support hand over fist.

Or it was a revolver...
Well RIP to your officer.

It doesn’t sound like the suspect was thoroughly searched before he made it to the station?? Which begs the question why?

Six shots fired makes me think it is a small frame revolver, which is a bit easier to conceal.

Hope the shooter does the right thing and expires.

Back in my day, I'd be charged for breaking SOP's and possibly dereliction of duty. But times change and not always for the better. I guarantee that searching immediately after handcuffing at the scene will now return.
I didn't realise that had stopped. I just presumed that all suspects would be searched as a matter of course.
Is it a Met. thing or nationwide. Worrying if that is the case.