Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

Polyester

War Hero
What’s your point?

The strip search cannot happen in public and the Covid check had to happen on entry to custody. No doubt the search was going to happen soon after. If the search has happened earlier, it is quite possible, that the bloke would have made his move earlier.
Let it be Wets. You do this for a living and anyone who doesn’t cannot possibly have a clue about what you face every shift or opine accurately on the current application of the law. Most of us get that.

Armchair experts are rarely worth engaging mate.

There would not be enough to go round.

How much do they cost each, how long are they expected to last before replacement, and what percentage is that of the salary of the officers involved.

Not giving people the tools they need for a job is usually a very stupid financial decision, and easy to prove so.

Probably made them wear webbing and stilettos as well

When I was an operational trainer, we used to get other HO staff volunteering to be strip-searched for the benefit of the trainees. We actually had a guy come up from Croydon (asylum casework, IIRC) who wore a gold medallion on a chain and a glittery thong as well as covering himself in massage oil. He was clearly getting off on it. I had a word with the Lead Trainer and we both made sure that he was never 'invited' back again.

When I was an operational trainer, we used to get other HO staff volunteering to be strip-searched for the benefit of the trainees. We actually had a guy come up from Croydon (asylum casework, IIRC) who wore a gold medallion on a chain and a glittery thong as well as covering himself in massage oil. He was clearly getting off on it. I had a word with the Lead Trainer and we both made sure that he was never 'invited' back again.

You rotter you spoilt their fun

Let it be Wets.

I must say it's why I go through phases of bothering to comment on here. I got someone accusing me of supporting legalization of paedophilia because I would legalize cannabis...

There's a lot of very interesting and intelligent people on here who are interesting to have a discussion with and give different perspective---

And there are some vocal dribblers as well.

I was told once that whilst losing an SA80 would be very, very bad for one's career, it actually wasn't that big of a threat because criminals in the UK have no supply chain for 5.56mm. Whether that is true or not I have no idea, but the guy seemed to believe it.
So that 3000 rounds the magnet fishers pulled out the Basingstoke canal by Pirbright was worth a bit of money on the black market?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Polyester

War Hero
I must say it's why I go through phases of bothering to comment on here. I got someone accusing me of supporting legalization of paedophilia because I would legalize cannabis...

There's a lot of very interesting and intelligent people on here who are interesting to have a discussion with and give different perspective---

Yep, I can respect that. Its just that the entire internet is filled with people who have never walked the walk but talk about it as if policing/soldiering/teaching etc etc was second nature to them. I also enjoy hearing the myriad informed posters on here. There are some real gems and for clarity I’m not saying that the bloke Wets was replying too is an ill informed fool Or not entitled to an opinion. I was more making the point that Wets (along with all Police officers) are really the only ones who have an informed view of why certain situations may arise in day to day policing. Given that we are not talking of a hypothetical situation on this thread I stand by my original post.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Barrel/chamber will need to be made of metal though or it'll be more nasty for the shooter than the target.

Believe it or not but it has been tried for one shot, similar to zip guns.

It wasn‘t me.

It wasn’t me.

Meh!

You evidently didn’t take part in Aunty Fran‘s anti snuggling course , would have had you in stitches. Some of the search routines were quite hairy. Mine was apparently a would be homosexual “ oooh you have nice hands officer.”
hearing my self respond “rock salt does wonders for the hands”

Comment in the Analysis here is interesting 'if other attacks planned'. Was this guy set up to attack the police, mental health issues, mother was Green political candidate, wokey home environment, not just a street level drugs deal gone wrong. Quick arrest for the supply of the gun and odd activity at the old ammo depot.

Early on there was a reference linking the accused with XRW activities. But given the weirdness of this tragic case, anything is possible.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile reported in The Manchester Evening News.
Now I cant help but think that if the accused was WASP and his words were directed to the BAME population he would be inside HMP tonight and rightly so.
Look at his previous as well, it’s laughable that in this week of all weeks assaulting a cop and shouting racist remarks doesn’t get you an instant custodial sentence, very strange.

Look at his previous as well, it’s laughable that in this week of all weeks assaulting a cop and shouting racist remarks doesn’t get you an instant custodial sentence, very strange.
He's clearly the wrong (or right?) kind of racist.

I'm not sure the judge's definition of 'serious' coincides with mine:
Sentencing him, District Judge Jack McGarva said: “An assault on a police officer is serious." Hussaini, of Clough Top Road, was sentenced to 16 weeks imprisonment suspended for 12 months and ordered to pay £100 compensation to both officers. There was no separate penalty for the racially aggravated offence or the failure to wear a face mask offence.

Teeblerone

Old-Salt
Now I cant help but think that if the accused was WASP and his words were directed to the BAME population he would be inside HMP tonight and rightly so.

Wasn't a scouser lifted for not wearing a mask recently? (edit: on a train) I didn't read any further as I had enough bile stored for that day, but would be interesting to compare the cases

We used to train the Crow at ATR on searches, including using the wands, but we did this for a civi company out of normal hours. Weirdly the Army was paying a civi company to employ training staff to do jobs we used to do as part of basic training... anyway.

We had a series of usual jokes on how to do the search with, and without the wand. using the wand it was possible to turn the sensitivity setting up so it was going off without any metal with your thumb while using it. of course this would be done on a victim (often another instructor) at nipple level, then groin then just above the knee. when doing the back, it would then be set off at arrse level with a 'what the **** have got in there?'

We did get a few 'ohhh matron' comments in, and a couple of times set up a demo where the search happened, the person being searched jumps as if touched inappropriately while the searcher is behind. Then showing them the CCTV of how it looks like they are molesting someone was an eye opener to them

I used to get them to search my 'bike at the gate as if I was a civi turning up. 9 times out of 10 (with them being unused to searching vehicles and less confident than they needed to be especially when confronted by a member of the training team) I could 'smuggle' in a replica pistol and/or a 5.56 mag. The item would be left on the 'dash' of the bike in plain view. Misdirection by being overly helpful. with almost the same set up a second time, with the same person searching I could get it through by putting my bike helmet down on it (only about 50% of the time)
I'm not suggesting for a moment that anything like this has happened in the recent case as the situations are totally different, the tale just follows on from the one about the search wands

One of things that he had to do was to run his hands through his (long) hair to dislodge any concealed items. He was writhing as he was doing this and the front of his thong started to bulge.

Did anyone ask if that was a weapon in his thong or was he just pleased to see them?

Teeblerone

Old-Salt

reading the report...I'd fully support custodial, the little scrote tried strangling one of the coppers.

Latest Threads