Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It's the same with Thatcher when she was Education secretary. She didn't want to stop the milk in schools but was forced to by HM Treasury (so it was presumably the Chancellor wot did it, really).

Not surprisingly, lefties hate this inconvenient truth.
And the fact that Labour had already stopped it in secondary schools....
Stopped by the Tories in junior schools, and it was finally stopped in infant schools by Shirley Williams when she was still Labour.

2-1 to Labour, then.

Slime

LE
Thank you. Should I contact ACPO now to stake my claim to the idea before someone else does :boogie::boogie:
Absolutely. :)
Don’t forget to take some brass, lead and aluminium with you to back up your magnet demo :)

Absolutely. :)
Don’t forget to take some brass, lead and aluminium with you to back up your magnet demo :)
Don’t think I’ll attend. Can’t see the attraction myself.

For societal quirks, I can understand why I use a different knife and fork when eating kippers, fish and chips, a steak or dessert options, but payments in the criminal underworld are a bit of a stretch to be honest.

might be worth you asking the copper who raised the subject some time before I posted about the courier angle.
Do you mind if I ask which poster that was?

Since our mail courier is out taking a nap at the moment I have some time to read Section 5(2A)(c) of the Firearms Act 1968. So I can see the legal penalties and understand that aspect of your laws.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The place for search wands is not with cops on the street. There would not be enough to go round. They would be lost, broken, dropped in the boot of the car when the batteries run out. They are available in custody and they work. Usually the only thing they show up is the odd coin in the bottom of a pocket but I have seen them reveal a very well hidden knife . The law says what searches can be carried out where. That’s it really.

I'm sure that's right, but it's beside the point and I've no idea why you've suddenly fixated on search wands.

The general principle should be that anyone putting themselves in harm's way to safeguard the public has the right to do whatever's reasonable to keep everyone involved safe. Personal dignity or cultural sensitivity should not be an issue if the test of reasonableness is met; particularly so if ammunition or a blade is involved.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sort of like a Fred and Ginger number to the song ‘Wouldn’t It Be Romantic’?
I was thinking of something more fitting,

"Let's face the music, and dance"

Or

"Cheek to cheek"

You turned a strip search into some sort of a dance routine?
Not exactly, but by removing each garment In sequence, it can be searched properly seams, hems collars cuffs. Leave them their shreddies till last, then reverse. Incidentally I’ve found 500 Euro notes concealed in elasticated waist bands, and liquid heroin in shirt collars, not to mention coke in insoles.

I'm in a moral quandary as what I want to happen to the shooter.
Seeing coppers as the thin blue line between the family and anarchy as I do, half of me wants the shooter to kark it. The other half of me wants him to live long enough and sing like a Canary, and what he knows to fill lots of gaps in puzzles the police are looking at.

pc flaps

Old-Salt
I'm sure that's right, but it's beside the point and I've no idea why you've suddenly fixated on search wands.

The general principle should be that anyone putting themselves in harm's way to safeguard the public has the right to do whatever's reasonable to keep everyone involved safe. Personal dignity or cultural sensitivity should not be an issue if the test of reasonableness is met; particularly so if ammunition or a blade is involved.

I wish this could be plastered across the Palace of Westminster next time a law and order bill is being debated.

I‘d wager that a reasonable number of teachers are actively promoting indiscipline.
Of course they do, they really enjoy mongs chucking the furniture around while they’re trying to do their jobs...

I'm in a moral quandary as what I want to happen to the shooter.
Seeing coppers as the thin blue line between the family and anarchy as I do, half of me wants the shooter to kark it. The other half of me wants him to live long enough and sing like a Canary, and what he knows to fill lots of gaps in puzzles the police are looking at.
Comment in the Analysis here is interesting 'if other attacks planned'. Was this guy set up to attack the police, mental health issues, mother was Green political candidate, wokey home environment, not just a street level drugs deal gone wrong. Quick arrest for the supply of the gun and odd activity at the old ammo depot.

You would like to think that would be the case, wouldn’t you.

37 years of military and police life, tells me it’s rarely like that.

Essentially you are expected to do the right thing, but with one hand tied and everyone an after the fact expert who wants to tell you how you should have done it.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
What about a BFO Magnet, hand held, no batteries required. That would stick to anything made of metal even through the clothing...
3d printed weapons are made of plastic, I think...

Of course they do, they really enjoy mongs chucking the furniture around while they’re trying to do their jobs...
I see your point. I was referring more to challenging societal norms and filling kids’ heads with woke nonsense.

Comment in the Analysis here is interesting 'if other attacks planned'. Was this guy set up to attack the police, mental health issues, mother was Green political candidate, wokey home environment, not just a street level drugs deal gone wrong. Quick arrest for the supply of the gun and odd activity at the old ammo depot.

One wonders if there had been any following of the perp in the weeks prior to the shooting, or perhaps he had shown up in prior surveillance of the farm location, in order for it to have been raided so quickly ie. before the owners / residents / workers at the site were able to do a runner. There are likely to be several extra layers to the story I suspect.

What’s your point?

The strip search cannot happen in public and the Covid check had to happen on entry to custody. No doubt the search was going to happen soon after. If the search has happened earlier, it is quite possible, that the bloke would have made his move earlier.

Let it go. You’re always going to the dicks on here who think they know your job better than you.

I’m surprised John G hasn’t been on to tell us all how every one is a nincompoop.

Not exactly, but by removing each garment In sequence, it can be searched properly seams, hems collars cuffs. Leave them their shreddies till last, then reverse. Incidentally I’ve found 500 Euro notes concealed in elasticated waist bands, and liquid heroin in shirt collars, not to mention coke in insoles.

Reminds me of the joy of finding a half crown in my trouser turnups.

Latest Threads