Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

"A strip search is a very embarrassing and unpleasant situation for a detainee, who may be innocent as well as not being very pleasant for the officers who have to do it."

An embarrassing and unpleasant situation it may well be, unpleasant for the officers doing it, probably. But I would rather that, than have a Police Officer murdered.
A strip search was always choreographed by us As matter of decency and only used as a last resort. But that way it was done properly.

I know at least 3 people who live in converted former churches.

Were they Grade A listed, and did they change them beyond what is legally allowed though?

A strip search was always choreographed by us As matter of decency and only used as a last resort. But that way it was done properly.

P.L.A.N.

Proportionate, yes. Legal, debatable. Accountable, definitely. Necessary, absolutely.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
I did jury service many years ago at the Old Bailey, one of the accused, when arrested, had a revolver of some type that was loaded with shortened 410 cartridges.

"A strip search is a very embarrassing and unpleasant situation for a detainee, who may be innocent as well as not being very pleasant for the officers who have to do it."

An embarrassing and unpleasant situation it may well be, unpleasant for the officers doing it, probably. But I would rather that, than have a Police Officer murdered.

What’s your point?

The strip search cannot happen in public and the Covid check had to happen on entry to custody. No doubt the search was going to happen soon after. If the search has happened earlier, it is quite possible, that the bloke would have made his move earlier.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Let me guess , if the police were issued with hand held metal detectors to quickly look for hidden weapons , how long would it take Abbott , Butler & Khan to class them racist / oppressive / illegal/ against a suspect's human rights ?

That's the elephant in the room.

The Left has long used procedure and rules of engagement to hamstring the police and the military and any other official organisation which does things it doesn't approve of (and Conservative Governments have been complicit in allowing such arrangements to stand).

They simply create an unworkable system involving a huge mountain of procedural and compliance requirements, together with credible legal jeopardy for any breach, and then just let the natural effects of such an overwhelming administrative burden compromise operational effectiveness and any willingness to take a strong line by the leadership. It also makes the consequences for the individual on the ground sufficiently serious for them to err on the side of extreme caution rather than risk facing an 'ism' rap and a skewed disciplinary regime.

It's an insidious but very simple and effective tactic which delivers the required result of hamstringing those charged with enforcing policies of which the Left disapproves without the political risk inherent in directly opposing those sorts of policies which generally command public support; enforcing the law/supporting our troops etc.

P.L.A.N.

Proportionate, yes. Legal, debatable. Accountable, definitely. Necessary, absolutely.

Nobody is denying that the strip search was necessary. However, no matter when you plan to do it, the DP can always do what they intended prior to it.

Potentially he could have shot 2 cops at the point of contact.

I had a colleague who used to say, "Right, let's get naked!" at the start of a cell strip search.
The second and last time I was arrested ,after a rather good night out in which much alcohol was taken , I allegedly stood in front of the custody sergeant and started taking my clothes off .
When he asked me why , I allegedly replied that I didn't want blood on my smart clothes from the beating I was about to receive .
When and where were you last arrested ?
" Scotland , in the 80's " I apparently replied .
" Well , you're in London now and PACE doesn't allow for that sort of thing , get in that cell and put your clothes back on "

They may never get a change of use, but once a building is beyond repair it might

That's when scrotes seem to repeatedly torch buildings, that just happens to be a coincidence that a company with an interested spider of trail of shells companies wants to revedevlop the land, and by sheer coincidence scrotes keep torching the property they want to develop
The jewels in the CofE's property portfolio is not listed churches , it's places like the Hyde Park Estate in London W2 , strategic land and farms .
They sold off a lot of the Westbourne and Maida Vale Estates after WW2 , when it was revealed the church was profiting from prostitution

What’s your point?

The strip search cannot happen in public and the Covid check had to happen on entry to custody. No doubt the search was going to happen soon after. If the search has happened earlier, it is quite possible, that the bloke would have made his move earlier.
Yes, a step too far suggesting a full strip search could ever be done in public, and no question that the Covid scenario complicates things.

But nothing wrong with a full scale pat down including under and in between the legs. And at 2am in the morning its hardly likely that many members of the public would be up and about, unless they were up to no good.

Latest Threads