Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

Seadog

ADC
During the Gaddaffi upheaval one of our security blokes was searched twice by Libyan militia bods and both failed to find his .40 S+W that was stuck down the front of his strides. It was not a big deal if they had found it in this case to be fair - but it shows that if you don't get a bit intimate you can miss stuff.

Had the military bods found the gun in his Y fronts, the get out is:

"It's not a gun, I'm just happy to see you."

I can 100% totally understand how this has happened. An incident like this is a 1 in a 10,000 scenario let’s say.

A strip search is a very embarrassing and unpleasant situation for a detainee, who may be innocent as well as not being very pleasant for the officers who have to do it.

A strip search on the street isn’t really practical or in the vast majority of cases necessary.

The DP was apparently handcuffed to the rear, was in a holding cell and had possibly 2 or 3 officers watching him. A strip search was probably the next action after the Covid check.

This one off matter, will not allow strip searches to happen in public, but might allow more money to be invested in metal detection equipment.

If the shooting had happened on the street or in the van, arguments would be raised as to at which point officers should have looked in his pants.

As an aside, when officers strip search a DP, they don’t touch them, the lifting and parting is done by the DP. Even when drugs can be seen hanging out of an ********, officers legally can’t pull them out. That is for the DP or a medically trained person to do, in most cases the DP realised the game is up or it just drops on the

I agree this appears to be a horrible scenario that is no one’s fault. What was undoubtedly a very good proactive arrest as a result of a stop had gone tragically wrong. The arresting officer could not have foreseen this tragedy and until the prisoner could be properly searched in a secure private environment the weapon would not have been discovered. In practically every other scenario protecting against COVID-19 would take priority as the risk is much more likely to occur

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Indeed, which probably also explains the Roman Catholicism of the family.

Has anyone ruled out an IRA connection?

I'll get me coat...

Jim The Washing Machine Salesman is of Goan extraction, blamed the Army for what was in fact an IRA attack in Leicester.

Allow me

He may have apologised but I doubt it's with any sincerity. He won't have changed his opinion in any way, shape or form. He is an utter oxygen thief and if there's ever a person that truly deserves to be deplatformed dragged into a dark alley and given a severe talking to, it's him.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Question is who? If suspect 1 is incommunicado- watch for ripples

A7221541-74E7-4847-BC4C-9BDCC5822A21.jpeg

Sadly a typical sandal wearing right on vicarette attitude.
To add , not worth writing to her bishop , because he / she will be fully in agreement with her .
The irony being , of course , if her church is in the area it will be full to the gunnels every Sunday with older members of the black community who are desperately trying to combat the ever growing gang culture , and her words will not be welcomed by them .

To add , not worth writing to her bishop , because he / she will be fully in agreement with her .
The irony being , of course , if her church is in the area it will be full to the gunnels every Sunday with older members of the black community who are desperately trying to combat the ever growing gang culture , and her words will not be welcomed by them .

Having met vicarettes and bishops I couldn't agree more and you're right about her words being unwelcome.

Last edited:

Bob65

War Hero

As long as I can remember there has been a vast chasm between what the CofE congregation and clergy have believed about... everything. Even basic stuff such as the existence of God. I have the feeling that the CofE is mainly waiting for the congregations to die off so it can unlock the value of its property portfolio, many churches are in prime locations. And they are being pretty successful at undermining all the reasons for a church to exist and driving away any potential converts.

Agreed, but she's only following her script, I'd have been surprised if she'd said anything else. Bad timing for JC and his disciples.
The stock CofE response would have been " Our thoughts and prayers go out to the officer's family at this tragic time " NOT a lecture on policing .
Most women vicars are second career entrants , and they forget that they are working for God and his parishioners now , and should confine their right on political views to their subversive friends from their previous lives . Happens a lot , I'm afraid .

As long as I can remember there has been a vast chasm between what the CofE congregation and clergy have believed about... everything. Even basic stuff such as the existence of God. I have the feeling that the CofE is mainly waiting for the congregations to die off so it can unlock the value of its property portfolio, many churches are in prime locations. And they are being pretty successful at undermining all the reasons for a church to exist and driving away any potential converts.
A lot of them are Grade1 , will never get a change of use and cost a fortune to maintain .
The secret is to get a " Friends of ********** Church " going , in other words , people who support the building in various ways but not the parent organization .
When I first moved here , the vicar was a Korean War veteran with an MC .
His sermons really gripped you .
Very few like that anymore .

I can 100% totally understand how this has happened. An incident like this is a 1 in a 10,000 scenario let’s say.

A strip search is a very embarrassing and unpleasant situation for a detainee, who may be innocent as well as not being very pleasant for the officers who have to do it.

A strip search on the street isn’t really practical or in the vast majority of cases necessary.

The DP was apparently handcuffed to the rear, was in a holding cell and had possibly 2 or 3 officers watching him. A strip search was probably the next action after the Covid check.

This one off matter, will not allow strip searches to happen in public, but might allow more money to be invested in metal detection equipment.

If the shooting had happened on the street or in the van, arguments would be raised as to at which point officers should have looked in his pants.

As an aside, when officers strip search a DP, they don’t touch them, the lifting and parting is done by the DP. Even when drugs can be seen hanging out of an ********, officers legally can’t pull them out. That is for the DP or a medically trained person to do, in most cases the DP realised the game is up or it just drops on the floor.

"A strip search is a very embarrassing and unpleasant situation for a detainee, who may be innocent as well as not being very pleasant for the officers who have to do it."

An embarrassing and unpleasant situation it may well be, unpleasant for the officers doing it, probably. But I would rather that, than have a Police Officer murdered.

How do you know they were inexperienced?

As for “how can you miss a gun” comments, short of doing a strip searched on the streets which is not permitted, you will miss things. You’d be surprised what people can conceal and where they can conceal it.
Let me guess , if the police were issued with hand held metal detectors to quickly look for hidden weapons , how long would it take Abbott , Butler & Khan to class them racist / oppressive / illegal/ against a suspect's human rights ?

A lot of them are Grade1 , will never get a change of use and cost a fortune to maintain .
The secret is to get a " Friends of ********** Church " going , in other words , people who support the building in various ways but not the parent organization .
When I first moved here , the vicar was a Korean War veteran with an MC .
His sermons really gripped you .
Very few like that anymore .

They may never get a change of use, but once a building is beyond repair it might

That's when scrotes seem to repeatedly torch buildings, that just happens to be a coincidence that a company with an interested spider of trail shells companies wants to revedevlop the land, and by sheer coincidence scrotes keep torching the property they want to develop

Last edited:
Let me guess , if the police were issued with hand held metal detectors to quickly look for hidden weapons , how long would it take Abbott , Butler & Khan to class them racist / oppressive / illegal/ against a suspect's human rights ?

Faster than a Jew being expelled from a Labour party conference

Bob65

War Hero
The stock CofE response would have been " Our thoughts and prayers go out to the officer's family at this tragic time " NOT a lecture on policing .
Most women vicars are second career entrants , and they forget that they are working for God and his parishioners now , and should confine their right on political views to their subversive friends from their previous lives . Happens a lot , I'm afraid .

They join the organisation in order to change it, in other words they are Entryists. But it’s the wider organisation’s problem that it lost faith in its mission and is casting about for a role. Not understanding that people who want religion want to be part of something that is timeless and possesses “the truth”, not something that will change its opinions to whatever’s trendy right now. The Imams that run Islam understand this. The CofE fundamentally cannot understand why the more it panders the smaller its congregations get, so it just doubles down.

Latest Threads