Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

Not defending the hopeless May, but she wasn't Home Sec in 2008, that was the even more useless Jacqui Smith. Truth is, we've had a succession of useless Home Secs since Michael Howard left the job.

May ought to catch criticism though, for the point made elsewhere on this thread, of cutting the number of police in the early "austerity" years, and stopping Bill Bratten becoming Head of the Met. There's a bloke who understands and believes in community policing and would've made a difference.

Fully concur with the above.

The Civil War between the Sri Lankan Government Forces and the Tamil Tigers ended in May 2009. From that point on the Sri Lankan Government hunted down members and supporters of the Tamil Tigers and meted out severe punishments, causing thousands to flee to the sanctuary of the UK.

Coincidentally ex PMTM became Home Secretary in May 2010 when the abuse of the Immigration system was at its peak. She had 6 years to do something about it, she didn't, and by then it was too late anyway because the Sri Lankans were already here.

Along with 10,000 + Albanians who blagged their right to remain in the UK claiming to be from Kosovo, having bought their false ID documents at the staging Post in Macedonia.

Edit: Apologies for the Thread Drift

Screenshot_20200927-154821_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

endure

GCM
Sri Lankan you say? Twenty three Years old I heard.

This points to him being a family member of Sri Lankan's who claimed Asylum here in the UK around 2008 claiming to be members of the Tamil Tigers being persecuted by the Government.

He was probably around 12 or 13 years old when he was brought into the UK by his parents fleeing the evil tyranny of the Sri Lankan Government who were committing some real atrocities against members and associates of the Tamil Tigers.

Hundreds if not thousands 'blagged it' and were granted asylum as Tamil's. Another condemnation of our failed Immigration System.

If the boys and girls in Blue investigate the perps family, they will no doubt discover the facts of why and how he got here. But in doing so they may well open up a case for the defence.

If we had not been so soft on Immigration, tragic events such as the Manchester Arena Bombing and the terrorist linked murders in London would never have happened.

I lay the blame for this squarely at the foot of ex PMTM who was Home Secretary at the time. The Immigration policies that hamstrung the asylum decision making process were implemented during her watch.
Despite the fact that PMTM wasn’t HS in 2008. Now whatever TM perpetrated she merely continued the process that was ongoing when, refresh my memory, was it Jacquie Smith, that waste of space who appears on GMB. The immigration policies were those just signed up to by Um Gordon Brown.

He may have apologised but I doubt it's with any sincerity. He won't have changed his opinion in any way, shape or form. He is an utter oxygen thief and if there's ever a person that truly deserves to be deplatformed it's him.

Despite the fact that PMTM wasn’t HS in 2008. Now whatever TM perpetrated she merely continued the process that was ongoing when, refresh my memory, was it Jacquie Smith, that waste of space who appears on GMB. The immigration policies were those just signed up to by Um Gordon Brown.

#721 explains

Teeblerone

Old-Salt
None - but there was no constraint on being very ‘intimate’ through clothing.
That's what I thought, using the back of the hand rather than front, with a 'karate chop' hand up legs into the groin.
But have seen (as referred to earlier) how things can be concealed. I remember a utube video (old) of a suspect going over a custody desk with a carving knife.
(quickly subdued & disarmed, thankfully).

NSP

LE
I was assuming in the Treasury. It's against character for May to have cut police numbers voluntarily. She must have hated having to do it.
It's the same with Thatcher when she was Education secretary. She didn't want to stop the milk in schools but was forced to by HM Treasury (so it was presumably the Chancellor wot did it, really).

Not surprisingly, lefties hate this inconvenient truth.

jmb3296

War Hero
He may have apologised but I doubt it's with any sincerity. He won't have changed his opinion in any way, shape or form. He is an utter oxygen thief and if there's ever a person that truly deserves to be deplatformed it's him.

Read it again it’s a very qualified apology, “ some forces have banned and anti blm protestors have adopted here and in the US”

Lies, half truth and equivocation. I don’t think any forces have banned the thin blue line patches, there have been some rumblings about wearing non uniform markings on uniform, but thin blue line patches banned, I would like to see some evidence of that.
The anti blm protestors, I think is the stories in the last couple of weeks of cops policing demonstrations here and in Australia, being photographed by activists with the thin blue line and being accused of wearing right wing insignia. Incorrect assertions cannot then be used to evidence the accuracy of the incorrect assertion.

For the avoidance of any doubt, police officers and the wider police family, as well as the emergency services and their wider familes use thin line coloured insignia, blue, green, red depending on service, and as I have learned today also yellow depending on service.

Showing it is a symbol of rememberance and solidarity with the fallen who have given their all in public service. That’s what it was created for, that is what it continues to do.

If Owen had ever done a real job serving the public in any capacity he would certainly know that.

The qualified apology I am sorry to say is worthy only of an immature Child trying to wriggle out of responsibility for their actions

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It's the same with Thatcher when she was Education secretary. She didn't want to stop the milk in schools but was forced to by HM Treasury (so it was presumably the Chancellor wot did it, really).

Not surprisingly, lefties hate this inconvenient truth.
And the fact that Labour had already stopped it in secondary schools....

Latest Threads