Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

Define ‘reasonable’. I’d be more inclined to see the constraints on teachers and the irresponsibility of parents as the reason.

Good spot. I considered a number of words, including “significant” which I can’t qualify as I’ve no empirical evidence that their views are, in fact, affecting the thinking of schoolchildren. Next up I tried “majority” but chinned that off as almost certainly untrue.

I settled for “reasonable” as I do have first hand evidence, as I’ve documented on other threads, in the form of a number of teachers at my daughters’ school who are hot on rights but less comfortable with responsibilities. This in a comfortable, middle class, overwhelmingly white, close to full employment, non urban secondary school.

I wouldn’t argue your point on parental influence and even less argue on the constraints placed on teachers. The latter point does tend to reinforce my observation however; constraints are placed on teachers and many will work to the limit of those constraints in their efforts to instil responsibility, respect and all the other good words in their charges. A “reasonable” number, imho, go the other way and actively support challenging authority and not coincidentally, empower the parents to behave likewise. It’s also arguable that the parents were similarly “educated” as this is not a new phenomenon.

The long and short of it, is that ammo is a definite danger sign but not a definitive sign of a weapon being present.

An issue of metal detecting wands might have assisted in this case in the vehicle.
It is however Not a definitive sign that a Weapon isn’t present. Case in question at a certain location at outwards. Security found two 5.56 rounds in a woman’s handbag. We tore her apart and ESTABLISHED she had no fire arms and also established that her boyfriend in the Israeli military had given her the rounds as a “keepsake”. Considered bullshit, referred to CT officers forthwith.

Now given Sherlock’s contention about probabilities and possibilities, either no gun was found and somehow magicked it’s way into his possession, or a gun was not found and he had it on him. Now whilst this is a time for mourning for all concerned, those questions will have to be asked.

One report said Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan you say? Twenty three Years old I heard.

This points to him being a family member of Sri Lankan's who claimed Asylum here in the UK around 2008 claiming to be members of the Tamil Tigers being persecuted by the Government.

He was probably around 12 or 13 years old when he was brought into the UK by his parents fleeing the evil tyranny of the Sri Lankan Government who were committing some real atrocities against members and associates of the Tamil Tigers.

Hundreds if not thousands 'blagged it' and were granted asylum as Tamil's. Another condemnation of our failed Immigration System.

If the boys and girls in Blue investigate the perps family, they will no doubt discover the facts of why and how he got here. But in doing so they may well open up a case for the defence.

If we had not been so soft on Immigration, tragic events such as the Manchester Arena Bombing and the terrorist linked murders in London would never have happened.

I lay the blame for this squarely at the foot of ex PMTM who was Home Secretary at the time. The Immigration policies that hamstrung the asylum decision making process were implemented during her watch.

is this you ?

Nope, that's a "police" traffic warden I'm a "Highways" motorway traffic officer.

Some random person on the internet doesn’t count. Either you’ve lost the context of what is being said or you’re an idiot.

Is that correct ?

So why the need to post this and how much of an idiot does it make you ?

Well done, you’ve just given the defence a case for an unfair trial.

Take note of the word '' you've ''

Now if you had said something along the lines of '' If Khan had used the word murder, it might have led to calls for an unfair trial '' that would have been a whole different kettle of fish.

IMO there should only be 2 possible charges for anyone who uses a weapon against on duty Emergency Services. ( Police, Fire Service, Ambulance crews )

1. Murder

2. Attempted Murder.

Race, creed, colour, religion does not come into the equation and they can also ram mitigating circumstances where the sun don't shine.

It is however Not a definitive sign that a Weapon isn’t present. Case in question at a certain location at outwards. Security found two 5.56 rounds in a woman’s handbag. We tore her apart and ESTABLISHED she had no fire arms and also established that her boyfriend in the Israeli military had given her the rounds as a “keepsake”. Considered bullshit, referred to CT officers forthwith.

Now given Sherlock’s contention about probabilities and possibilities, either no gun was found and somehow magicked it’s way into his possession, or a gun was not found and he had it on him. Now whilst this is a time for mourning for all concerned, those questions will have to be asked.

Have I not explained the reasons, why a small pistol hidden in someone’s underwear might not have been located on the street, due to legislative restrictions, but would have been found in a more thorough search in custody.

The streets of Croydon and a search facility at a port of entry are 2 different places.

I cannot believe the stupidy of some people
luckily others care deeply
G.M.P.
This rider tried to engage #traffic in a pursuit by pointing "gun fingers" gesturing about our recent fallen colleague. It didn't end well when he was stopped and arrested for No Ins, Sec5aRTA, Sec5POA and Resist Arrest.

View attachment 507617

Occurred on Outwood Rd, Radcliffe at 1830hrs. Once stopped the rider became aggressive towards police and CS Spray was deployed. A member of the public helped our officer in restraining the rider until backup arrived. We would like to thank that person if you could help share.
What an utter throbber. I actually know Outwood Road, between Radcliffe and Farnworth. Is that Bury division?

rifleair

War Hero
Because it's the traffic officer version of the police blue flag.
Isn't it the case that the thin blue line is supposed to represent the case that the relatively small amount of police provide the country with a defence of the good against the bad.
If so what does your line mean?

Have I not explained the reasons, why a small pistol hidden in someone’s underwear might not have been located on the street, due to legislative restrictions, but would have been found in a more thorough search in custody.

The streets of Croydon and a search facility at a port of entry are 2 different places.
They are indeed. I’ve done both. But there is the Custody officers protective search and failing that a more carefull search, which can be done in an interview room if necessary, prior to custody. I’ve done that too. You’ll be surprised how inventive we could be if a search had to be done with no provision of facilities.
simplest is the oldest trick. Just tell them to produce prior to search. Be surprised how well that works.

Is that correct ?

So why the need to post this and how much of an idiot does it make you ?

Take note of the word '' you've ''

Now if you had said something along the lines of '' If Khan had used the word murder, it might have led to calls for an unfair trial '' that would have been a whole different kettle of fish.

IMO there should only be 2 possible charges for anyone who uses a weapon against on duty Emergency Services. ( Police, Fire Service, Ambulance crews )

1. Murder

2. Attempted Murder.

Race, creed, colour, religion does not come into the equation and they can also ram mitigating circumstances where the sun don't shine.

Ah, you’ve stupidly missed the context.

As my post that elicited that response asked ”what would you have him call it” it’s quite obvious I was referring to the position of mayor of London and not your personal opinion. You can call it what you want, you’re not important.

Nice try though, but epic fail.

don't You flag up to the receiving Officers the suspect might be armed and proceed accordingly?

don't You flag up to the receiving Officers the suspect might be armed and proceed accordingly?

Anyone “might” be armed.

The arresting officer would explain the circumstances of the arrest to the custody Sgt and request a strip search or having heard the circumstances require one themselves. This request sits at a certain stage in the process, normally at the charge desk, where a wand and a searching officer are present and the arresting officer is a cover officer.

In this case, it appears that the Sgt has come into the holding cell, to carry out the Covid check and the shooting has happened prior to the more in depth search.

Latest Threads