Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

I ‘m amused by these thin, blue, green,yellow lines, bearing mind it must’ve first come up in a T V comedy. Just about all police forces have more staff than the Entire customs service ever had. Wasn’t that a derivation of the thin red line.

Bob65

War Hero
Now I’m not religious in the slightest and I’m not supporting her view, but I’m guessing the fundamental Christian principle of forgiveness has kind of passed you by?

It was a crass and stupid thing for her to say, and you have rather misunderstood Christian principles here. God - not man - judges, and forgives those who truly repent. Christians are also required to support the law of the land, per Romans 13:

1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.​
2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will [a]bring judgment on themselves.​
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.​
4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.​
5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake.​
6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing.​
7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.​

It was a crass and stupid thing for her to say, and you have rather misunderstood Christian principles here. God - not man - judges, and forgives those who truly repent. Christians are also required to support the law of the land, per Romans 13:

1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.​
2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will [a]bring judgment on themselves.​
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.​
4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.​
5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake.​
6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing.​
7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.​
Her timing may be shit, but she didn’t break any law.

Bob65

War Hero
Her timing may be shit, but she didn’t break any law.

She did not, but the correct Christian commentary at this point would be to announce an intention to pray for both the victim and the perpetrator, nothing more. Not to imply that the police provoked it by stop and search.

Anyway, speaking of repentance:

"The Revd Catherine Tucker, the Vicar of Holy Saviour, Croydon wishes to apologise for any offence which has been caused by her regrettable comments concerning the fatal shooting of a police officer in Croydon in the early hours of this morning."

She did not, but the correct Christian commentary at this point would be to announce an intention to pray for both the victim and the perpetrator, nothing more. Not to imply that the police provoked it by stop and search.

Anyway, speaking of repentance:

"The Revd Catherine Tucker, the Vicar of Holy Saviour, Croydon wishes to apologise for any offence which has been caused by her regrettable comments concerning the fatal shooting of a police officer in Croydon in the early hours of this morning."
Excellent - so we’re all happy now eh?

The Reverend Catherine Tucker, who was at the centre earlier, said: "The action taken against the police is really unacceptable but I also feel sorry for the perpetrator.

"Sadly, I am not surprised there has been a shooting in Croydon.

"There are tensions between the police and young people particularly in relation to stop and search and the way the police relate to the community."
In the BBC report. Didn't take long.

Stop and 'search'? I guess the irony is lost on her.

The reason Sgt Matt Ratana died is because of a fear of properly policing without fear or favour. Dick, Buttler, Lamie and Khant all have blood on their hands, as do those who allowed the toppling of the Colston statue.

I hope not, my traffic officer patrol bag has a thin yellow line flag embroidered on it!
View attachment 507557

is this you ?

An 'unverified name & picture' is currently circulating on SM of the suspected killer of Sgt Ratana.

Louis de Zoysa

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I cannot believe the stupidy of some people
luckily others care deeply
G.M.P.
This rider tried to engage #traffic in a pursuit by pointing "gun fingers" gesturing about our recent fallen colleague. It didn't end well when he was stopped and arrested for No Ins, Sec5aRTA, Sec5POA and Resist Arrest.

1601196425677.png

Occurred on Outwood Rd, Radcliffe at 1830hrs. Once stopped the rider became aggressive towards police and CS Spray was deployed. A member of the public helped our officer in restraining the rider until backup arrived. We would like to thank that person if you could help share.

Unless this is some sort of windup someone needs a visit from the boys in blue .

It appears that his Tweets are now protected, which is usually a sign of someone who’s found Twitter to be an unfriendly place after they’ve discovered not everyone agrees with their ‘amusing’ observations...

G.M.P.
This rider tried to engage #traffic in a pursuit by pointing "gun fingers" gesturing about our recent fallen colleague. It didn't end well when he was stopped and arrested for No Ins, Sec5aRTA, Sec5POA and Resist Arrest.

View attachment 507617

Occurred on Outwood Rd, Radcliffe at 1830hrs. Once stopped the rider became aggressive towards police and CS Spray was deployed. A member of the public helped our officer in restraining the rider until backup arrived. We would like to thank that person if you could help share.

Since this is CA and I do not wish to be sent to the Naughty Step(again)I will restrict my comments to offering my respect to the officer for reacting in a professional manner, and the member of the public who helped him. And I sincerely hope the suspect, if found guilty, receives the maximum punishment for all offences.

Question for the Coppers: can a conviction for Resisting Arrest result in a custodial sentence?

Stop and 'search'? I guess the irony is lost on her.

The reason Sgt Matt Ratana died is because of a fear of properly policing without fear or favour. Dick, Buttler, Lamie and Khant all have blood on their hands, as do those who allowed the toppling of the Colston statue.

How do you work that out?
Bloke was detained, searched, arrested and handcuffed to the rear by all accounts. The failure appears to have been, that legislation doesn’t, understandably, allow more intimate strip searches in public. Due to the current circumstances, a Covid 19 protocol was in place and the shooting took place at that juncture. It could have happened earlier or just before the pistol was located.

What has happened due to fear or failure to police ?

She may have stepped up but in my opinion the majority of police officers should be 6ft plus males with a bit about them.

I’m 6’4” and weigh 110kg.

I was recently unceremoniously (and painfully) dumped on my arse by a female cabin crew member during their restraint training. She was all of 5’2” and 65kg dripping wet.

Which of course she was having been grappling with me.

G.M.P.

View attachment 507617

Can you describe the assailant?

Bloke was detained, searched, arrested and handcuffed to the rear by all accounts. The failure appears to have been, that legislation doesn’t, understandably, allow more intimate strip searches in public. Due to the current circumstances, a Covid 19 protocol was in place and the shooting took place at that juncture. It could have happened earlier or just before the pistol was located.

Fear of stopping and searching a certain demographic in London. Had he been searched properly then the gun would have been found. But with everything thats happened over the Summer you can bet your life that there will be young fledgling coppers who may lack that confidence to push further, to probe deeper, to go off their hunch when it comes to young black males in London for fear of it being captured and spread over social media, them losing their jobs and careers etc.

If that is the case then they no longer Police without fear or favour.

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
To be honest, if I look like that I'd turn to religion an' all.

1601197995890.png

Sadly for her, and theologically speaking, much as God loves a sinner, I suspect he draws the line at the pig ugly and terminally stupid combination, which is fair enough. If I was the creator of everything, I'm not sure I'd want to spend eternity being constantly reminded of serious lapses in quality control.

4(T)

LE

Just asking:

He was arrested for being in possession of ammunition (and drugs). Ammunition implies potential presence of a firearm.

Is there really no SoP or protocol that allows for the immediate and intimate search of someone who may carrying a firearm?

If he happened to have been detained by armed police, would they have reacted to the presence of ammunition in a different way, other than just bundling him off unsearched to the custody suite to be processed?

Fear of stopping and searching a certain demographic in London.

So your perception of that, relates to this killing how?

You said “The reason Sgt Matt Ratana died is because of a fear of properly policing without fear or favour”.

That’s not the case in this shooting is it? In fact, he would be alive, if they had not stopped him due to his ethnicity.

Well done, you’ve just given the defence a case for an unfair trial.

Genuine question, how could he have phrased it better without prejudicing future proceedings?

Latest Threads