Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croydon shooting

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
F**k the public furore!

It’s better to be tried by twelve than carried by six!
Which makes me wonder how many will carry Diane Abbott when her son gets out of the loony bin time comes.

Ritch

LE
I've been seeing comments on Twitter about how the officer "chose their job", somehow making it alright that they get killed and then adding that blacks and other minorities don't get to choose. It's really gripping me.

The left reap what they sow, I suspect Dawn Butler and abbot will be laughing.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I've been seeing comments on Twitter about how the officer "chose their job", somehow making it alright that they get killed and then adding that blacks and other minorities don't get to choose. It's really gripping me.
Report each one, on separate phone calls, as a hate crime.
Get enough people on it and the kak will be kicked into touch.

Tweets from all and sundry including PMBJ saying how sorry they are about the officers death are pointless euphemisms for doing nothing. What is needed is action, I don't care what, but something has to be done.

Just heard on the news that the suspect May not have been handcuffed due to the political and media hype.

Happily I suspect the reverse will be true as they do all they can for the chap, professionals bound by their oath that they are.

Sadly, the good news story will end there should he survive. He will be tried in a court by an out of touch, pompous fool, even before the Learned Judge had their hands tied behind their back by liberal stupidity. State funded social workers’ cars will be double parked outside as they troop in to testify of the hard life the accused has had, courtesy of the right thinking, law abiding citizens of the land no doubt, and a ludicrous sentence will be passed. A howling mob may well be in attendance.

In jail he will be feted as a cop killing hero and offered every opportunity to prepare for a new, productive life on release. This will be rejected.

He will then be released, return to crime and it will be everyone else’s fault and chalk another stat up for those that favour the “prison doesn’t work” dribble and never mind the reason it doesn’t work.

A crisp £5 to the charity of choice for anyone who can genuinely (i.e apologists need not apply) argue against this likely course of events.

Unless he’s proven to be suffering from severe mental health issues, he’ll be charged with murder. If convicted, he’ll be sentenced under the guidelines which require a starting point of a minimum of 30 years if a firearm was used or if a police officer was murdered in the course of their duty.

The only circumstances where I can see the killer getting a significant , mitigated, variation from the minimum are if he shot himself in the head and is going to be a drooling vegetable for the rest of his days, & then he’ll be sent to an appropriate facility so he can sit in pools of his own urine on a regular basis, or if he’s proven to be quite mad

The only scenario I can envisage where he gets a relative slap on the wrist if if his barrister successfully argues diminished responsibility on the grounds of temporary insanity when making the mitigation plea.

But if you look at cases where police officers have been killed, if convicted of murder, the killer goes away for a long time - Sharon Beshenivsky’s killers got 35 year minimums (and the bloke who is alleged to have masterminded the raid was caught in Pakistan and has been living in the less than luxurious prison accommodation there while his extradition hearing has been delayed by covid). Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone’s killer will only come outside a prison again in a box; likewise Ian Broadhurst’s murderer. Stephen Oake’s murderer, who’s a terrorist, is perhaps the only one in recent memory (22 years, but this was before the 30 year minimum) who has been let off relatively lightly - although his fellow inmates did once try to set him on fire - and is busily trying to recruit converts to the cause before he comes up for parole in 2026 - and may well find even the parole board a bit less sympathetic than usual.

Things may pan out as you describe, but there’s a lot of evidence that if convicted of murder, the killer getting a lenient minimum sentence would be unusual.

Last edited:
Absolutely shocking and tragic, but I suspect this incident will receive only a tiny % of the world wide coverage of the murder of a criminal scumbag in America a few months back. There will be the usual platitudes by MPs no doubt and”lessons will be learned”, but there will very little virtue signalling or mass demonstrations. That’s the kind of world we live in nowadays sadly.
RIP to the deceased officer and condolences to his family.

Somehow I can't see #PoliceLivesMatter hash tags appearing, it doesn't follow the Marxist narrative so it won't catch on

Just watching reports on the BBC and looks like they are trying to link this incident to police numbers, the stress they are under etc.
Reporter at the scene reporting that the suspect fired 5 shots at the custody sargeant (who was within weeks of retiring) and 1 at himself and stating this showed that the weapon was ‘really loaded’.

Slime

LE
To whom ?

To the police.
It seems she has forgotten she said they were racists who routinely harass black people..........the same police are now brave and good.

Happily I suspect the reverse will be true as they do all they can for the chap, professionals bound by their oath that they are.

Sadly, the good news story will end there should he survive. He will be tried in a court by an out of touch, pompous fool, even before the Learned Judge had their hands tied behind their back by liberal stupidity. State funded social workers’ cars will be double parked outside as they troop in to testify of the hard life the accused has had, courtesy of the right thinking, law abiding citizens of the land no doubt, and a ludicrous sentence will be passed. A howling mob may well be in attendance.

In jail he will be feted as a cop killing hero and offered every opportunity to prepare for a new, productive life on release. This will be rejected.

He will then be released, return to crime and it will be everyone else’s fault and chalk another stat up for those that favour the “prison doesn’t work” dribble and never mind the reason it doesn’t work.

A crisp £5 to the charity of choice for anyone who can genuinely (i.e apologists need not apply) argue against this likely course of events.
Let's just see what actually happens if he survives eh?

I did my pre-deployment MATTs for Herrick in Croydon as a mate of mine was CO there.

Deploying was a blessed relief.

How on earth did an arrested man come to be delivered to the custody centre with a firearm still in his possession? Not a criticism as I have no idea of the facts - gen question.

With no lack of sympathy for the victim and other officers involved, that was the first question that came to my mind too.

Ps. Finally managed to post this having mucked it up four times.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

A bit close to the bone...

Ritch

LE
Just heard on the news that the suspect May not have been handcuffed due to the political and media hype.

In custody, in front of the custody sergeant, the person arrested is usually out of handcuffs by this point unless kicking off.

Just watching reports on the BBC and looks like they are trying to link this incident to police numbers, the stress they are under etc.
Reporter at the scene reporting that the suspect fired 5 shots at the custody sargeant (who was within weeks of retiring) and 1 at himself and stating this showed that the weapon was ‘really loaded’.
Revolver?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ve been retired for some time now but as a copper who worked in and around that area it is awful news.
Cops on this site and ex cops know the goings on and how things work, and as @sittingstress said now is not the time to start throwing questions around.
I think I am genuinely shocked by this awful news.
As I said on another thread RIP.

In custody, in front of the custody sergeant, the person arrested is usually out of handcuffs by this point unless kicking off.
I'd say shooting a policeman was 'kicking off'?

Let's just see what actually happens if he survives eh?

I did my pre-deployment MATTs for Herrick in Croydon as a mate of mine was CO there.

Deploying was a blessed relief.

No problem with that. I was just offering a prediction.

I once went for a night off in Croydon was I was stuck teaching for weeks on end in Gatwick. I feel your pain.

A bit close to the bone...

Is it feck. It’s a racing certainty the answer will be will they feck.

At what point did stating an opinion that is almost certain to become a fact become “close to the bone”?

Don‘t bother answering.

Latest Threads