CROWS in Iraq

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tomahawk6, Apr 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

I am all for new technology, but what happens when you get a stoppage?

msr

2. Cock, hook and look!

3. msr

msr LE

Which rather neatly bypasses the point of the system.

Oh wait, you haven't read the article and thought he was referring to new soldiers :lol:

msr

4. The soldier can pop up through the hatch to either clear the weapon or if the system failed he can fire the weapon manually.

5. As far as I can see its only really good on an armoured platform. L/R Snatch won't be strong enough to support it and carry sufficient ammo and WMIK has no armour. Also we don't have the weapons systems they do - although I can understand an UOR for Mk19's!!

Can it really replace the top-cover all round obs that you need in an urban environment?

Can't see its utility unless you have a top-cover who can duck under cover when it gets sporty to return fire?

Is it the yanks throwing technology and money at a problem again?

6. Very nice, but a camera can never replace the mk1 eyeball when it comes to identifying threats in urban areas.
    I hope the camera can zoom, so that the septics can identify the target prior to engagement......

7. Strangly similar to the OWS for that FCLV thingy we're getting lumbered with.

ARMY FCLV PAGE