Crossing your legs (Brigadier style)

I've taken recently to crossing my legs to walt it properly, ideas of grandeur etc.

I'm talking cowboy, not fag (Basic Instinct) style.

Thoughts?

I've also found I can't get my right leg (which I hitch on the left) to go back much. It keeps riding forward to the knee...being old and with crap muscles etc.

Thanks for that. Cheered me up no end.

I've taken recently to crossing my legs to walt it properly, ideas of grandeur etc.

Thoughts?

I've also found I can't get my right leg (which I hitch on the left) to go back much. It keeps riding forward to the knee...being old and with crap muscles etc.
Please tell me you're not from one of the North of the border outfits.

Do it like Kenny 35 secs in;

[video=youtube;ZkqxagJglaI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqxagJglaI[/video]

Not exactly. Displaced perhaps.
Thank fuck for that, because frankly your proposed stance (or whatever the seated equivalent is) would not suit one of those skirt thingys that those chappies wear.

Thank fuck for that, because frankly your proposed stance (or whatever the seated equivalent is) would not suit one of those skirt thingys that those chappies wear.
Can you spot a Chipolata at 200m?

Anyway, thoughts on crossing legs?

PS I didn't come here to be diagnosed with some gash disease and croak in a couple of weeks.

Mmmm, carry on.

THOUGHTS, ON CROSSING LEGS (COW BOY STYLE)?

Thoughts?

Just face it, you have turned into a right bender....you hermer.

From GQ magazine.

Crossing Your Legs

Weird question, but how do you cross your legs? I say that in a professional environment, a man should cross his legs like a gentleman, the same way ladies do. My female colleagues say this is a turnoff. They suggest a guy should sit like a jock.

Sit like a jock? The only thing that comes to my mind is Stephon Marbury moping on the Knicks bench with a white towel on his head. But maybe by “like a jock” you mean “with ankle resting on knee.” Although some etiquette experts okay this practice for guys, I think it is not a good one in company because it exposes the sole of the shoe, which is of questionable cleanness. I think that in a polite setting (i.e., not on a Barcalounger), a man should keep his feet on the floor, cross his legs at the ankles, or even cross his legs like a dame or sissy, knee over knee. A little ambiguity is good for you. My favorite etiquette book, Our Deportment, by John H. Young, advises, “He may sit cross-legged if he wish, but should not sit with his knees far apart, nor with his foot on his knee.” And as Grandma says, “Sit up straight!”

Read More Crossing Your Legs: The Style Guy: GQ