Crossed Rifles

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by FBW, May 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FBW

FBW Old-Salt

Does anybody know where i can get some DPM Rank slides with the crossed rifles on for SAA Inst?
  2. I thought it was only on a subdued patch worn on upper arm. Never seen slides.
  3. Not a clue mate,

We don't wear SAA Quals on our ranksides.
  4. I have seen some AGC types with crossed rifles on their rank slides - overlapping the stripes.

Sadly, I have no idea where they got them from.

In most circumstances, there isnt much need to wear them with your 95s. Just make sure the badge is on your 1s and 2s then people can see when the time matters.
  5. FBW

FBW Old-Salt

Thats cause you are a Chippy Lance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  6. (Sigh,)

You were in the Grens.

Your now in the Sigs.

Infantry = Good lads

Sigs = Chippy's

7. Try:

Lancashire Embroidery & Insignia Ltd
    Knowsley Industrial Park North
    L33 7SA

Tel: 0151-546 5161
    Fax: 0151-540 1128

I've been getting various items from them for the last 20, or so, years. Good turn around time and better than the crap sold by many PRIs
  8. John Bull Surplus in Catterick sells them.
  9. Why do you feel the need to show everybody your a S.A.A. instructor . Its a bit '' army cadets '' Bet it looks crap and you would get some pisstaking from other units wearing them badgers .
  10. Probably for the same reason that you feel you need to let everyone else know your welsh. If you don't have anything good to say, shut your face.
  11. I always thought that the cross rifles was a badge, not a badger. My how things change!
  12. Why not try the Corps Museum at Blandford?

Give them a ring. Made by Lancashire Embroidery, but you will find they have a minimum order if you go direct.
  14. Saw in an army surplus store in Croydon:

Crossed Cannons, surmounted by a large Crown, black embroidered on a OG slide?

What is that? Battery Seargeant Major equivalent (WO11)? or some sort of Artillery instructor?
  15. That is a bit unnecessary Ginger Boy.

SAA badges should not be worn on CS 95 - that is why they are not issued for CS 95 on rank slides.