Crossbows the mark of a nutter

The latest mad stalker has just been locked up surprise surprise he had a crossbow.
Is their any crossbow owner who does not need locking up.

The discerning nutter will always have an xbow not far from his(and it's almost certainly a him) side.
There was one who travelled on the school bus with us who would "say it with a bolt" last I heard he was found swinging in a farmers shed having done "things" to a sheep dog and then killed it.

Silent & deadly - stops the neighbours cat removing the dace from the pond. Does leave you with the problem of disposing of the body under the rose bush at dead of night though.

I remember a standoff years ago between a local nutter with a crossbow and one of my mates with his dad's 4/10, pretty scary at the time, but successfully defused by the local rozzer and my mates dad, (who belted him quite well for nicking his gun). Crossbow confiscated and the magistrate wasn't required. These days I reckon the incident would involve the men in black, tazers, HK's, the media, and at least one dead body..... thats progress I guess.

Silent & deadly - stops the neighbours cat removing the dace from the pond. Does leave you with the problem of disposing of the body under the rose bush at dead of night though.
Dace in a pond? It's a fast water fish a bit too quick for a cat. Where's me net.

I had a Slazenger 5' bow, used to buy arrows from the local sports shop, I think they were 8 to 10mm diameter, about 30" long and steel tipped with a triple feather flight, cost about £1 each.

Went clean through a car bonnet at 50m or so, raise to 45 degrees, it would travel close to 150 metres