Crossbow Murders Germany

s5 Firearms Act 1968 contains the definition of a s5 banned firearm.

S5 (1) (b) includes "any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing"

Case Law itself defines a multiple of banned things under this section )section 5(1)(b) of the 1968 Act (Flack v Baldry (1988)

https://assets.publishing.service.g..._on_Firearms_Licensing_Law_April_2016_v20.pdf

I was never a firearms licensing officer (and my attitude was everyone was coming in under s16a Firearms Act, "possession of a firearm or imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence", and I would sort out the nicieties later) so please do take actual legal advice.

**Plot spoiler**

If you intend to go out cosplaying you favourite charactor from Conan-Doyle's The Sign of the Four, do let me know and I will dust off my dear-stalker.
I intend to do nothing. I think its an absurd law but its not my problem.

Id still like to know who thought blow pipes ought to be banned and why. A pee shooter is the exact same thing as is any tube bought from a hardware shop

s5 Firearms Act 1968 contains the definition of a s5 banned firearm.

S5 (1) (b) includes "any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing"

Case Law itself defines a multiple of banned things under this section )section 5(1)(b) of the 1968 Act (Flack v Baldry (1988)

https://assets.publishing.service.g..._on_Firearms_Licensing_Law_April_2016_v20.pdf

I was never a firearms licensing officer (and my attitude was everyone was coming in under s16a Firearms Act, "possession of a firearm or imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence", and I would sort out the nicieties later) so please do take actual legal advice.

**Plot spoiler**

If you intend to go out cosplaying you favourite charactor from Conan-Doyle's The Sign of the Four, do let me know and I will dust off my dear-stalker.
Would the section 5 description include anything with an internal combustion engine? Or maybe a household boiler, with the noxious gas part with carbon monoxide etc being so lethal?

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

Ban guns, use crossbows. Ban crossbows, use swords. Ban swords, use a spear. Ban spears, use a rock. When someone wants to kill they'll find a tool to do it with.
I can't work out why the do gooder, whiny gobshites don't propose a ban on cars as they kill far more that domestic gun crime.....oh, hang on.....that would inconvenience them.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I think that a full crossbow ban will be on the cards shortly. The government seems to have a hard-on for anything which might possibly be used as an offensive weapon. After crossbows, we can all look forward to archery being outlawed.

I think that a full crossbow ban will be on the cards shortly. The government seems to have a hard-on for anything which might possibly be used as an offensive weapon. After crossbows, we can all look forward to archery being outlawed.
They will first limit the purchase to members of a home office aproved club full of people that you dont want to be around.

They will make it so difficult to own one that nobody will bother, just like blank firers.

...many many years ago it was compulsory for men to practice archery at The Butts - won't it be sad to ban archery because of some isolated incidents. Should we also ban step ladders, slippery floors, electric toasters and coastal paths - they all kill people (grrr!)

Last edited:
Golf clubs / golfers have possibly killed as many people as crossbows in the last few decades , ban the tedious game !

tgo

Old-Salt
I intend to do nothing. I think its an absurd law but its not my problem.

Id still like to know who thought blow pipes ought to be banned and why. A pee shooter is the exact same thing as is any tube bought from a hardware shop
I thought all that stuff got wrapped up in the 1988 legislation that saw off things like butterfly knives, and anything 'ninjary' like those 'bear claws', throwing stars etc. I'm quite surprised that crossbows hadn't been hit too before now.

More than likely given that I have just bought my first bow yesterday.

@wilfred I would assume that anything would require to be a weapon (made adapted or intended for the propose of causing injury to another) in the act.

@aHappyTeddyBear you do get my reference to the fearsome Tonga from The Sign of the Four was intended to the humorous, rather than a rebuke?

Even I can occasionally attempt light heartedness.