Cross Rifles

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Thegreatescape, Oct 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Prob bone question but not wore green kit for a few years now, and lucky enough to get picked up on last SGT - SSGT board. Anyway question is where do cross rifles go on No2 dress and mess dress as asked few people where i was at and all diffrent cap badges so diffrent regs ie on top of stripes, some not allowed to wear them as a SSGT and some above crown. Please help cheers

2. Depends, skilly obviously, did you get 100 percent?

3. i beleive & was always led to believe its either over the top of the sgt tapes or above the sgt tapes under the crown

but people are different

4. Not necessarily, could be Army 100 or TA 50. Both of those are crossed-rifle badges, authorised for wear on dress uniforms - in which case it's on one of the forearms (left, I think).

5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

A couple of questions:

1: If you have not been in green kit, how come you have just picked up SSGT?

2: If you are indeed of SNCO rank, surely your EFP courses would have sorted out your chav-speak pathetic grammar?!

3: Are you in fact the SSM of 49 Para?

WALT Alert!!!!!

6. How cross are they? Rather grumpy? Quite cross, actually? RIGHT YOU LOT STAND BY I'M REALLY FUCK1NG ANNOYED NOW?

8. Depends on whether you are talking about Bisley Dead Eyed Dick Badge or Skill with Guns Instructor.

9. I'd be inclined to ask the tailor myself! Or one of the other entitled SNCO's.

10. Top answer

Tailor shop or RSM (hey they shti too you know)

11. Skillies badge on mess dress goes between the stripes and the crown and should be black backed not red like the rank.

Not too sure about no2 dress. Just put em into the taylor and he'll do it.

12. i was going to say that. your not going to sew the feckers on yourself are you?

13. If you got a distinction on your aasaa the rifle butts overlap the top of the stripes, if not, above the stripes. Basically the same place they were when you were a full screw and sgt. Still a strange question from someone who has been to brecon and earned them, or have you??

14. Got them on AASAA about 8 years ago, and no chance of distinction.The Tailor where Iam at the minuite is about as much use as a PT programme in the QM's.

Asked my new SSM, got told "Fu** knows", asked RSM got told "It will be in Dress Regs somewhere, your welcome to look".

So thought take the easy option and ask on here.

Also Fugly, not eveyone in the RLC, sits on there arse in the QM's with there nice trainers on (as I bet your excused boots) some of us get of our arses and do various courses. ( Not the BIG one that you think though, there are other where you dont wear green kit)

15. Got them on AASAA about 8 years ago, and no chance of distinction.The Tailor where Iam at the minuite is about as much use as a PT programme in the QM's.

Asked my new SSM, got told "Fu** knows", asked RSM got told "It will be in Dress Regs somewhere, your welcome to look".

So thought take the easy option and ask on here.

Also Fugly, not eveyone in the RLC, sits on there arse in the QM's with there nice trainers on (as I bet your excused boots) some of us get of our arses and do various courses. ( Not the BIG one that you think though, there are other where you dont wear green kit)