Cross rank relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
I heard a particularly unsavoury statistic about the number of female officers in the Corps currently being investigated/disciplined for cross rank relationships (after all it is only a short walk between the messes).

PM me if you have anymore on this (we dont want to wash our dirty laundry in public).

However - views please on the issue of cross rank relationships?
 
#2
As long as there is no interferance in the chain of command, then there should not be a problem with a relationships between different ranks.
 
#3
Apart from it being an unprofessional act, I can think of nothing worse than shagging an OR. What would the neighbours think?
 
#6
Oh come on... Shall we all start going to rallies and stuff to stop Cross Rank Shaggin? If all people have to worry about is who or what others are upto then its a sad exsistence we lead!!
All that matters is that it dont affect the work practice!
 
#8
I don't see anything wrong with it as long as is doesn't effect the chain of command. Who does it effect at the end of the day?
 
#9
so, its not when she's found out that you call seeing her a "moose welfare"

from my younger less smart days :oops: :oops:
 
#10
Never stopped em before. The not being allowed bit!

In this day and age it could be seen as an infringement of human rights in respect of free choice of partners!
 
#11
We sign on the dotted line to follow some rules and regulations that do not apply to the civvies. If someone no longer wishes to abide by the rules of our little club they should be looking in Google for 'resignation letter'.
 
#13
Rightful_King_of_Norway said:
We sign on the dotted line to follow some rules and regulations that do not apply to the civvies. If someone no longer wishes to abide by the rules of our little club they should be looking in Google for 'resignation letter'.
A lot of people do, thats why theres a recruitment crisis. If the Army relaxed a few of its draconian rules - as long as the chain of command was effected - then maybe people would stay for a little longer.
 
#14
amazing__lobster said:
Rightful_King_of_Norway said:
We sign on the dotted line to follow some rules and regulations that do not apply to the civvies. If someone no longer wishes to abide by the rules of our little club they should be looking in Google for 'resignation letter'.
A lot of people do, thats why theres a recruitment crisis. If the Army relaxed a few of its draconian rules - as long as the chain of command was effected - then maybe people would stay for a little longer.
Do you for one minute think that not being able to sh*g ORs is the cause of retention problems - quick call CGS's briefing team, all is revealed!
 
#15
Man_of_Bronze said:
amazing__lobster said:
Rightful_King_of_Norway said:
We sign on the dotted line to follow some rules and regulations that do not apply to the civvies. If someone no longer wishes to abide by the rules of our little club they should be looking in Google for 'resignation letter'.
A lot of people do, thats why theres a recruitment crisis. If the Army relaxed a few of its draconian rules - as long as the chain of command was effected - then maybe people would stay for a little longer.
Do you for one minute think that not being able to sh*g ORs is the cause of retention problems - quick call CGS's briefing team, all is revealed!
A little trouble reading between the lines?
 
#17
Its all good for morale, gives us something to talk about and maybe someone with a posh accent to try and fire into after a night out. :lol:
 
#18
Note the number of stuck up noses here, you don't have any problem looking down them to follow us into battle do you???

Grow up!!!
 
#19
Thing said:
Note the number of stuck up noses here, you don't have any problem looking down them to follow us into battle do you???

Grow up!!!
Sorry, I thought this was an RLC thread; obviously not.
 
#20
Bellthrob said:
jonny_bored_bollox said:
Sorry Bellthrob, are ORs not worthy?
Quite frankly, no. Their table manners make me sick.
Yeah...racing spoons all round. And that's just at formal Mess functions.

Rightful_King_of_Norway said:
We sign on the dotted line to follow some rules and regulations that do not apply to the civvies. If someone no longer wishes to abide by the rules of our little club they should be looking in Google for 'resignation letter'.
Absolutely right, we all do. However, I fail to recall any that were vague enough to say that you couldn't shag someone of a different rank. Surely we apply the service test, which is purely chain-of-command based. So the rules of 'our little club' aren't really being broken are they?

Then again I'm so ugly that no women from either Messes would want me. :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top