Cross over cooking

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Fang_Farrier, Dec 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Just had an interesting haggis pizza.

Anybody else had any of these strange culinary cross over foods?

2. What's a boring Haggis pizza like then?

3. Not deep fried.

4. I mis-read this thread title as "Gross over cooking"

Looks like I was right

5. Gyros or doner meat pizza, eaten with tzatziki sauce. It's amazing, try it.

6. Pot noodle and a w@nk cannot get more measured than that espically if you spaff in your pot noodle!

7. Tip a can of hot baked beans into a cold kebab, sounds horrible tastes great.

8. msr

msr LE

Why did that make you cross?

msr

9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Realise after a good think having a crap, the correct term is fusion cooking.

10. I think the term "fusion cooking" can be used even if one hasn't just had a crap.

I had some haggis spring rolls in Edinburgh a couple of years ago.

I seem to remember some years ago a pal of mine from what was then Royal Ordnance having a jumbalaya pizza in San Diego.

Fusion cooking with pizza strikes me as cheating, because you just take your baked gazelle/sushi/rijstaffel and spread on the pizza as a topping.

All the best,

John.

11. How is it cheating? It's what fusion cooking is all about. I could quite easily say 'you just take your baked gazelle/sushi/rijstaffel and stick it in the spring roll as a filling'.

12. I made a curry pizza for my daughter a couple of months back (she couldn't decide if she wanted a curry or pizza for her birthday dinner). It was actually pretty good, but I think I'll put some more spice in the pizza dough next time.

13. Conversely, Naans make excellent pizza bases for the discerning amateur gourmet in a hurry.