Cross-dressing

Hello.

I've decided to take up a new hobby that challenges my macho, insensitive image and makes people see me in a new light.

So I thought I'd give cross-dressing a go and obviously the NAAFI seems to me to be the ideal place to start (couldn't find a RM forum to ask in BTW).

I'm a generously-built, six-foot-plus man of seventeen stone in his late thirties. My hair is cropped to a stylish grade two - three. I get stubble and have a prominent Adam's apple. Saying that, I reckon I've got fcuking gorgeous legs and would look great in a pair of size eleven Manolo Blahnik slingbacks.

So, some advice would be most welcome. For starters, what name should I adopt for my new girly alter-ego? What sort of wig? Are Gypsy dresses still fashionable and would any other ARRSERs care to join me in the Bentall's Centre next weekend to do some shopping?

I'm looking forward to this new adventure and welcome your comments and (especially) support.

Cheers!

V!

Concerning names, you come across as a definate Talula Kabuche to me.

As for support, if you want to dress as a woman, and be fancied by men you should really just be a gayer. You'll save a fortune on makeup.

Boney

Mini skirt and suspenders is a must, and call yourself something classy like mavis the man eater..

sorry in that case how about vegeater

My new hobby will not involve dating men. I remain a rampant hetero tiger, just in a little black dress. They may look (who could blame them) but they can't touch.

V!

I think you have to go for a name that brings an exotic image to mind.....

Rafaela.

And you MUST have a female go shopping with you, there's nothing more annoying than seeing the cross dressers in my local super market with tennis balls for tits rammed into an ill fitting bra that rests just under their Adams Apple!

Go for classic line outfits that suit your age and remember, unless you're a full blood Scandinavian the chances of being platinum blonde are very slim so go for a nice full wig with hair near your own colour.

If your hair on your head is to short for the wigmaker to get a good match flash your pubes and say two shades lighter! Best wigmakers in the world are religious Jewish ones, they use real hair and you can get it cut and styled after it's been woven.

Oh one last thing unless you ask for more, 6" heels are not designed to be walked in, EVER!

Have fun! Beebs x

http://www.transformation.co.uk/

http://www.ladylike.org.uk/

^ At least BBC understands.

I think my girly name will be "Dave" for the time being. My initial fashion ensemble will be a very tight leopard skin top, wonderbra and denim mini skirt. I can't find size eleven girly shoes at the minute, so I'm going to wear my old Boots, Combat, High and green woolly army socks for that Avril Levigne "SK8R Boi" look. What do you think?

V!

Vegetius said:
^ At least BBC understands.

I think my girly name will be "Dave" for the time being. My initial fashion ensemble will be a very tight leopard skin top, wonderbra and denim mini skirt. I can't find size eleven girly shoes at the minute, so I'm going to wear my old Boots, Combat, High and green woolly army socks for that Avril Levigne "SK8R Boi" look. What do you think?

V!
This look will only work if you wear striped tights as well.

Beebs

Have you considered transferring to the Royal Marines,where dressing up in womens clothing is not considered particularly odd,and in fact,under certain circumstances,is actively encouraged.Marines who have fat arses and dress in female attire 24/7,used to be titled WRENS.

Gender role is the public face of personal gender identity. That is, everything that you say or do that indicates to others to what degree you are 'male' or 'female', and from the feedback might be made to adjust your own gender identity. There is obviously an acceptable gender role in every society and men particularly learn their acceptable gender roles and internalise them from their earliest years. This is how the myths like 'Real men don't cry' are born and maintained and any man who doesn't pay at least lip service to them is open to social ridicule.

There are a few curious factors to be considered when we look at cross-dressing. For a start, it is a mainly male activity. Is this because women who want the freedom to express the masculine side of their natures in their clothes and behaviour can do so with far more ease? After all, nobody turns a hair any more at women in trousers, women with short hair or even women in 'business suits' and ties. We call it fashion, not cross-dressing. And women who smoke or drive motor cycles or indulge in any other activity that our parents might have seen as 'masculine' are similarly unnoticed and unchallenged. But when a man cross-dresses, he doesn't just dress as a woman. He dresses as a particular fantasy of what a stereotypical woman might look like and act like if she had had an overdose of Barbara Cartland. Why also is it always the most self-proclaiming 'masculine' men---the athletic jocks, the servicemen, the policemen etc.---who are first to jump into drag if given the slightest of excuses?

What are men saying when they cross-dress? That they want to be pampered, spoilt and cared for, as they think the baby dolls they ape are treated? Women dress in severe suits when they want a share of the goodies men try to keep for themselves in this society - power and influence. It is reasonable that the other half of the human race would like a fair share of what women have---the chance to indulge their sensual natures and an unashamed love of pleasure.

Suzie Hayman and Vic Cowan http://trans.sister.org/PressGang/pg100003.html

i just like the feel of it, ok

Boney_M wrote

Concerning names, you come across as a definate Talula Kabuche to me

r-b wrote

No no no, everyone knows that the Drag Queen's name is a corruption of their real name

I think that 'Vageater' would suffice. A new line in lesbian Transvestitism

What about something with a bit of glamour, such a Chi-Chi Andalucia?