Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date
Yep, I call that too. As soon as there's a death at sea it will be the evil RN in the headlines.

Anyone remember that 3 year old kid who washed up trying to come across from Turkey a few years back? Europe had a self flagellating meltdown, it went on for months.

Strangely, the Middle East and other places nearby didn't give a sh1t.
It caused Merkel to open the floodgates with all that willcommon b*llocks in 2015. One million and five years later they are still in Germany. She was doing well prior to that but it will be her political epitah. It got the AFD into government as the official opposition.

It caused Merkel to open the floodgates with all that willcommon b*llocks in 2015. One million and five years later they are still in Germany. She was doing well prior to that but it will be her political epitah. It got the AFD into government as the official opposition.
It seems to me that there surely are enough people who want a better life to make it worthwhile establishing new countries in which they can thrive. Unfortunately it also seems the case that spare land will not be given up voluntarily. I welcome reasonable visitors (within sustainable limits) from all over the planet but I wish various politicians and wokery at large would come to terms with reality, geopolitics, resources and sustainability. If they want more tax payers people, they need to figure out how to provide for the future. It's not that it can't be done, within practical and acceptable limitations, but it's nowhere near ready.

The primary issue is HMG hasn't strictly enforced the deportation of illegals, this has been the case since the Blair years.
There's a huge difference between genuine refugees (who're not crossing Europe) and the illegal economic migrants.

IF HMG took to deporting illegals, refusing benefits for arrivals and detaining them in offshore camps or detention ships with NO LEGAL AID. Unless they make a valid asylum claim then the message that the UK will just boot them out would spread very fast.
The problem is with the vast majority destroying all documents and ID, finding out what country they come from, and getting those countries to issue new passports and take them back. Then we are stuck with then. It happened with most of the million that Merkel let in, in 2015, where only a minority came from Syria.

Even when they want to return home it can be difficult to get their home countries to take them back. For example their are a lot of Indians sleeping rough in all weathers under the M4 Moterway bridge in Heston, Middlesex, near Southall. They were smuggled in on the back of a lorry, destroy their passports and other ID. Then when they discover it is not the promised land and wish to return home, the Indian High Commission makes it extremly difficult for them as they have to prove that they are Indian. They can't get any benifits and so report to begging and getting free meals handed out by the Hindu Temples in Southall.

Though why anybody would want to get into India by deception, beats me.

As you know - UK warships are UK soveriegn land etc.
Wasn't their a worry a few years back with the anti-pirate patrols off Somalia that if Abdul Blackbeard and his mates were captured and detained by the Andrew that they may try to claim Asylum in the UK. I think that they had an agreement that Kenya would put them on trial and a prison was built for them.

syrup

LE
The problem is with the vast majority destroying all documents and ID, finding out what country they come from, and getting those countries to issue new passports and take them back. Then we are stuck with then. It happened with most of the million that Merkel let in, in 2015, where only a minority came from Syria.

Even when they want to return home it can be difficult to get their home countries to take them back. For example their are a lot of Indians sleeping rough in all weathers under the M4 Moterway bridge in Heston, Middlesex, near Southall. They were smuggled in on the back of a lorry, destroy their passports and other ID. Then when they discover it is not the promised land and wish to return home, the Indian High Commission makes it extremly difficult for them as they have to prove that they are Indian. They can't get any benifits and so report to begging and getting free meals handed out by the Hindu Temples in Southall.

Same with Iranians their Government won't let them back without all the documents but as you say first thing they do is rip them up.

Wasn't their a worry a few years back with the anti-pirate patrols off Somalia that if Abdul Blackbeard and his mates were captured and detained by the Andrew that they may try to claim Asylum in the UK. I think that they had an agreement that Kenya would put them on trial and a prison was built for them.
I don't know the specifics but I do know it was an issue consdered.
You would have tto ask maybe someone suitably qualified...maybe @alfred_the_great about things like that.

I dont know the answer.

My interpretation of things as I saw it may have been vasty different from the "reality" in a 'bigger picture' sense- That I ws not privy to.

On a totally unrelated note- here is what a textbook- bog standard RN skipper looks like. I keep posting this- because I'm a knob :) The below depiction LOOKS FECK ALL LIKE ALFRED ON HIS WAY TO GUZZ DOCKYARD BTW! Not at all.

That's what senior RN actually look like- just swap the Mondeo for a T23,,, :)

Last edited:

Tyk

LE

True the documents are destroyed, but there are enough people capable of identifying the region people have come from to quite a high level of granularity by their mode of speech, accent and dialect. Add physical features and behaviour it's not overly hard to identify where people are from.

Worst case they stay in detention (not in Hilton Hotels of course) until returned home or they agree that France is where they want to be and bye bye. I'm sure it's quite possible to do what the Australians managed and find a suitably obnoxious island to dump them on en-masse.

syrup

LE
It seems to me that there surely are enough people who want a better life to make it worthwhile establishing new countries in which they can thrive. Unfortunately it also seems the case that spare land will not be given up voluntarily. I welcome reasonable visitors (within sustainable limits) from all over the planet but I wish various politicians and wokery at large would come to terms with reality, geopolitics, resources and sustainability. If they want more tax payers people, they need to figure out how to provide for the future. It's not that it can't be done, within practical and acceptable limitations, but it's nowhere near ready.
Problem is you could set up a new country build every bit of infrastructure and hand it over to them
5 years later it would be a shithole and they'd be fighting each other for control of it and to enslave anyone who wasn't in their tribe.
People keep banging on about the British Empire and the stuff they took from Africa etc.
It's all still there except they simply wreck it look at Zimbabwe once we gave that back to them.
Yes a couple of people are rich but the rest are starving, they wrecked it not us it was in good order when we handed it back.

This lot coming across the channel are the same they are here as they have heard it's the land of milk and honey.
They are told make it to the UK and they'll give you money and a house you don't need to work.
Not feeling well the doctor will see you for free no need to hand your car to him as payment.
Its a message reinforced by do gooding Brit's in Calais handing out laptops, phones and cash.
They encourage them to come just as much as the people smugglers get to the UK they'll look after you.
I bet their telling them all the tricks as well, call 999, lose your documents, tell then your gay or being persecuted.
Then when their here the legal aid vultures are just as bad as they convince them they can stay
All this paid for by the tax payer.

Me I would treat them like the French do
Well done you've made it to Britain off you go
I wish to claim asylum.
Nope you came from Europe that boat sailed just after you did.
We need food and money.
Not here you don't know kindly leave my dock
But, But where's my hotel room with pool
Hush now and kindly **** off - you made it well done you but you don't get anything.

Problem is you could set up a new country build every bit of infrastructure and hand it over to them
5 years later it would be a shithole and they'd be fighting each other for control of it and to enslave anyone who wasn't in their tribe.
People keep banging on about the British Empire and the stuff they took from Africa etc.
It's all still there except they simply wreck it look at Zimbabwe once we gave that back to them.
Yes a couple of people are rich but the rest are starving, they wrecked it not us it was in good order when we handed it back.

This lot coming across the channel are the same they are here as they have heard it's the land of milk and honey.
They are told make it to the UK and they'll give you money and a house you don't need to work.
Not feeling well the doctor will see you for free no need to hand your car to him as payment.
Its a message reinforced by do gooding Brit's in Calais handing out laptops, phones and cash.
They encourage them to come just as much as the people smugglers get to the UK they'll look after you.
I bet their telling them all the tricks as well, call 999, lose your documents, tell then your gay or being persecuted.
Then when their here the legal aid vultures are just as bad as they convince them they can stay
All this paid for by the tax payer.

Me I would treat them like the French do
Well done you've made it to Britain off you go
I wish to claim asylum.
Nope you came from Europe that boat sailed just after you did.
We need food and money.
Not here you don't know kindly leave my dock
But, But where's my hotel room with pool
Hush now and kindly **** off - you made it well done you but you don't get anything.
A lot of good points there, though not everyone is the same. What about those born in the UK who either seek to bring it down or who are determined to take the piss while others pay for their 42" telly and 14 kids? I had wondered about deporting druggies and crims but where to? Australia is no longer an option. ;)

Last edited:
but there are enough people capable of identifying the region people have come from to quite a high level of granularity by their mode of speech, accent and dialect. Add physical features and behaviour it's not overly hard to identify where people are from.
I think these goverments like India, Africa, ME etc, don't want them back. Thats why they make it so difficult. They hope we just let them stay as an easy option. And it works. I think the Germans have an immigration status for it.

Problem is, that they already do that when they arrive in the UK and form their ghettos.
And for the women, get knocked up with as many kids as you can, then its oh I cannot go home, little Abdul was born here, he won't get an education at home etc. Then in a few years little Abdul joins a street gang, becomes a drug dealer, gets stabby with other gangs who have also arrived from Calais from different tibes.

Rinse and repeat.

No I'm ex merch whose job revolved around SOLAS.

I'm not up to speed on RN abbreviations but I assume that 'ASW action' means anti sub action of some sort which implies that we're at some sort of war state.

As we're not at war then I believe that SOLAS applies in the channel. You might not like the fact that immigrants are crossing the channel but the law requires you to rescue them and return them whence they came?
See my bold.

Last edited:
The perils of early morning drinking - see above for details.

I find it quite astonishing that the French have such little apparent control of their coastine (definitely not in the way that the Germans did in 1944, for instance) that they allow unhindered departure of fee-paying passenger boats - clearly overloaded and unsuitable for offshore travel - bought complete with outboard engines and lifesaving equipment, uninsured and captained by Some Bloke with no compass. That Bloke himself should be put on trial, along with the owners of the leaky rib.

A legal case could surely be brought against them. Endangerment, negligence, failure to abide by international rules of the sea... Should be worth £30m, I think.
I wish you luck in obtaining evidence that would lead to successful prosecutions.

If you where a lawyer you'd be starving to death. You are denser than a downies forehead fitted with applique armour.
Are you a Crusty sock? You've never once wanted to discuss the issue, all you've done is look for an argument. It's pointless engaging with a spunktrumpet like you so I won't bother anymore. In fact, don't bother replying to this as I won't be able to read now I'm putting you on ignore.

Round them all up, build concentration camps (minus the dodgy showers and Arbeit Macht Frei signs)

Sort the genuine asylum seekers from the economic migrants who are here to fleece our benefits system. I have absolutely no issue with a person who is a genuine refugee who has fled persecution in order to save the lives of themselves and their family.
I do have a problem with people coming here purely for the economic advantages.

The genuine asylum seekers won't mind being incarcerated while their application is processed, the shysters will create holy hell.

Two types of camp.
1 for families and unaccompanied children.

2nd for men of fighting age who have travelled alone.
I tend to agree with you about economic migrants vs actual refugees but piling them into camps is a PR disaster in the making. You simply cannot put children behind a wire fence and make the subsequent photographs/news clips look like a good thing.

I tend to agree with you about economic migrants vs actual refugees but piling them into camps is a PR disaster in the making. You simply cannot put children behind a wire fence and make the subsequent photographs/news clips look like a good thing.
Put a bouncy castle in with them...

I do have other things to be getting on with other than being glued to ARRSE, so no.

However, you asked how we can legally send people back and I pointed you in the right direction - the answer is contained within the Dublin Regulation. If you want to know more then read into it, if you don't then don't bother.

Wiki gives this:
"The Dublin Convention stipulates that asylum seekers are returned to the country where their entry into the union was first recorded and where they were first fingerprinted. Another objective of this policy is to prevent asylum seekers in orbit, i.e., to prevent the continual transfer of asylum seekers between countries trying to get others to accept them.
To avoid abuses, European law, the Dublin Regulation, requires that asylum seekers have their asylum claim registered in the first country they arrive in, and that the decision of the first EU country they apply in, is the final decision in all EU countries."
But the UK isn't in the EU anymore.

D

Deleted 3147

I don't know the specifics but I do know it was an issue consdered.
You would have tto ask maybe someone suitably qualified...maybe @alfred_the_great about things like that.

I dont know the answer.

My interpretation of things as I saw it may have been vasty different from the "reality" in a 'bigger picture' sense- That I ws not privy to.

On a totally unrelated note- here is what a textbook- bog standard RN skipper looks like. I keep posting this- because I'm a knob :) The below depiction LOOKS FECK ALL LIKE ALFRED ON HIS WAY TO GUZZ DOCKYARD BTW! Not at all.

That's what senior RN actually look like- just swap the Mondeo for a T23,,, :)
I'm reliably informed @alfred_the_great plays Bros as his RAS record and sings to Wham when he's in the grand fromages chair.