Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not arguing with you!
The trouble is though...something like...The EU decide they need RN intervention (This is all just my opinion, and based upon experience btw)...Then ask Cameron. He knows he won't get public cooperation. Need a 'heartstrings' aspect.
That's when the pictuires of that poor bugger 'baby Aylan' surfaced... along with further reports of his mother being found washed up on a beach 2 days later 200 miles away...in the Med...a non-tidal sea. Ocean/sea currents dont really work like that.
It got the Bien pensents of the UK suitably revved up though.....

And here we are...
If the officials and civil servants are enacting explicit government policy then they might be in the clear. Priti's tweets, at least, don't seem to support that notion.

Even were that explicitly the case are you really telling me though that you don't suspect that many are beneffiting from this multi-billion pound industry? Consultancy to charities, contractors, getting massively paid jobs for their spouses or just traditional bribes etc?

How much money in legal aid, hotels, support services and the like do you think we are talking about here? Clearly lawyers profit from it, I really don't think it a stretch of the imagination to realise that the public sector is too.

Money supposedly directed towards the security of our nation is being used to undermine that security.

That is corruption.

How many do you think have been robbed, raped or murdered by illegals? How many do you think are jobless because someone has illegally entered the UK and been granted asylum as an advert for the people smugglers to use?

Yokel

LE
Am I being paranoid for wondering how much of the political involvement is being driven by media outlets with owners who have links to Russia? As such diverting RN personnel and resources away from putting forces in the North Atlantic or in a task group is a win for them.

Likewise undermining public confidence through simplistic tabloid stories.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
we are not serious, we do not make any serious effort to detain illegals.
Because someone in power is profitting from it.

Am I being paranoid for wondering how much of the political involvement is being driven by media outlets with owners who have links to Russia? As such diverting RN personnel and resources away from putting forces in the North Atlantic or in a task group is a win for them.

it’s the More likely the same extra Government Open frontiers ‘charities’ and their HR industry friends driving this as in the Med, It’s pretty much a free ride from North Africa to the UK, everyone ,’facilitates‘ the onward movement of the problem to the UK. If we slam the border shut, it becomes very much the facilitators problem.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer

It wuz rushun mind control submarines wot made me do it your honor.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I mean, it's not like you come up on VHF as HMS Whatever or USS Whoisit. It's "Coalition warship" or "NATO warship" or "Naval vessel off your port quarter."
Ypur knowledge on Med tidal / currents requested please. With refernce to that poor 3 year oild- Aylan who was found on the beach.

How feasible...in the med..is it for a body to be found 200 miles from place of entering water...on a beach?
My understanding is that its pretty improbable. Happy to be corrected.

Because someone in power is profitting from it.
surplus labour drives down labour costs and allows middle England to have the cash in hand gardeners, dog walkers, cleaners and laundry maids that makes them feel ‘you’ve never had it so good’ affluent.

If the officials and civil servants are enacting explicit government policy then they might be in the clear. Priti's tweets, at least, don't seem to support that notion.

Even were that explicitly the case are you really telling me though that you don't suspect that many are beneffiting from this multi-billion pound industry? Consultancy to charities, contractors, getting massively paid jobs for their spouses or just traditional bribes etc?

How much money in legal aid, hotels, support services and the like do you think we are talking about here? Clearly lawyers profit from it, I really don't think it a stretch of the imagination to realise that the public sector is too.

Money supposedly directed towards the security of our nation is being used to undermine that security.

That is corruption.

How many do you think have been robbed, raped or murdered by illegals? How many do you think are jobless because someone has illegally entered the UK and been granted asylum as an advert for the people smugglers to use?
I fully agree with you!

I have stated- I'm not qualified nor in a position to answer your question though.
There ARE people on here who are maybe some way towards that.

For what its worth... I agree with you!

On a diffrenet topic view it this way - I am aware of a couple of high ranking RN on here who interact normally' with arserati. I'm unaware of their army/RAF equic on here. Stand to be corrected.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
surplus labour drives down labour costs and allows middle England to have the cash in hand gardeners, dog walkers, cleaners and laundry maids that makes them feel ‘you’ve never had it so good’ affluent.
That's a weak excuse for immigration in general, generally promoted by Karens.

This is encouraging people to risk their lives to perpetuate corruption on an industrial scale.

I doubt some dusty desk in the Home Office type would go to such trouble for a slightly cheaper maid. Frankly they're already cheap enough from EU based immigration.

NSP

LE
Ypur knowledge on Med tidal / currents requested please. With refernce to that poor 3 year oild- Aylan who was found on the beach.

How feasible...in the med..is it for a body to be found 200 miles from place of entering water...on a beach?
Heh heh - Med' is tideless.

Actually, it isn't - there's an about 0.95m variance diurnally (I vaguely recall - been a few years but on MBES jobs we do apply a corrections profile to the depth data) but currents are largely down to temperature (and wind, to a lesser extent - been through some arse-clenching storms down there):-

Last edited:

NSP

LE

If this is the beached-baby I think you mean what gripped me is the hack stood there filming it instead of diving in and checking for signs of life, performing first aid, calling for emergency assistance, etc.

If this is the beached-baby I think you mean what gripped me is the hack stood there filming it instead of diving in and checking for signs of life, performing first aid, calling for emergency assistance, etc.
That's the one. I question the validity of reports his mother was found on a beach in Turkey or wherever...200m away...2 days later.

*This is where your beard kicks in mate :)

syrup

LE
Don't forget the father managed to save himself before taking the kid back to the village he was supposedly fleeing from for the burial.
IIRC he stayed there after the ret of the boat fingered him for being one of the smugglers.
Ever noticed when a boat goes over the women and children drown but the fighting age males all make it to safety

NSP

LE
That's the one. I question the validity of reports his mother was found on a beach in Turkey or wherever...200m away...2 days later.

*This is where your beard kicks in mate :)
Beard...? I'm ashore, it's summer and my home is not air-conditioned. What's left of my hair is even absent...

If it gets much hotter before I sod off back to the boat next weekend then I might even shave my pits, just to stop the smell.

Edited to add: pits shaved. Bliss...

Last edited:
I have concerns for the bloke who drunkenly encounters you whilst ...and for the eleventy twelth time I quote your own admission "looks good in stockings".

I won't let you forget that matey :) Never!

That's a weak excuse for immigration in general, generally promoted by Karens.

This is encouraging people to risk their lives to perpetuate corruption on an industrial scale.

I doubt some dusty desk in the Home Office type would go to such trouble for a slightly cheaper maid. Frankly they're already cheap enough from EU based immigration.
well yes, but it’s been a fact of UK life since Blair.
and those examples of helpful and cheap domestics? Not plucked out of the air, that’s the staff both my middle rate taxpayer offspring have to support their superficially ostentatious lifestyle.

so, why the sudden damascene convertion to ending the endless supply of cheap labour on the Road to Calais by HMG this week?

that’s easy.... WuFlu. It’s upset The apple cart. Not only will lots of people no longer be able or need to employ all this cheap labour, but once Furlough ends, millions of low end jobs will vanish for good causing headline unemployment to rocket. UK plc is looking at a high level of permanent Built in non employment.

it’s a toxic mix, raging un recoverable unemployment and migration - and trust me, no one in tbe HO or Cabinet wants to be left holding that baby, so, they need a fall guy.

and that fall guy will be the Royal Navy that ‘failed to stop the migrant surge’ If someone gets their way.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
well yes, but it’s been a fact of UK life since Blair.
and those examples of helpful and cheap domestics? Not plucked out of the air, that’s the staff both my middle rate taxpayer offspring have to support their superficially ostentatious lifestyle.

so, why the sudden damascene convertion to ending the endless supply of cheap labour on the Road to Calais by HMG this week?

that’s easy.... WuFlu. It’s upset The apple cart. Not only will lots of people no longer be able or need to employ all this cheap labour, but once Furlough ends, millions of low end jobs will vanish for good causing headline unemployment to rocket. UK plc is looking at a high level of permanent Built in non employment.

it’s a toxic mix, raging un recoverable unemployment and migration - and trust me, no one in tbe HO or Cabinet wants to be left holding that baby, so, they need a fall guy.

and that fall guy will be the Royal Navy that ‘failed to stop the migrant surge’ If someone gets their way.
Good analysis..

But Andrew can't be political. If they are ordered to stop this then they should.

Yes Priti might well have been playing possum, but fundamentally she's the Minister and from the outside one cannot judge the true mood music. The country has swept behind this pretty damned sharpish and the politicians either have or will soon. The about turn over China was almost road to Damascene too. Cross party, even the sodding Greens.

The wind has changed... Good sailors know what to do when that happens.

Good analysis..

But Andrew can't be political. If they are ordered to stop this then they should.

Yes Priti might well have been playing possum, but fundamentally she's the Minister and from the outside one cannot judge the true mood music. The country has swept behind this pretty damned sharpish and the politicians either have or will soon. The about turn over China was almost road to Damascene too. Cross party, even the sodding Greens.

The wind has changed... Good sailors know what to do when that happens.
young Priti doesn’t want any poo on her shoes, she’s got an eye firmly on the future.
both her and Rishi have a very good shout at replacing Boris.
If the Navy gets it right, she’s smelling of roses, if they get it wrong, ‘they let me down’.
proper poison chalice.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
If the Navy gets it right, she’s smelling of roses, if they get it wrong, ‘they let me down’.
Has been ever thus since 1546...

Latest Threads