Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Another point that I made on a similar thread several years ago is that the people smuggling is not without huge cost to the countries of origin. The smuggling costs take huge amounts of money from societies that can ill afford it, it takes fit and healthy working age people away from where their countries need them, and I imagine the smuggling gangs are involved in other crimes.

Doing nothing is a no win situation. We need to be firm, but humane, in accordance with British values.
Open up with tranquiliser darts intead of 7.62mm before dragging their sorry arrses and boats back to France?

... How long would it be before an unarmed crew were threatened with knives to take them to the UK or have their throats cut by our new doctors and brain surgeons?
That would be an act of piracy, and probably prevent them from ever getting asylum in the UK. It would also help prevent global warming.
12-20-25-original_pirates-w500.jpg

That's right, so register the rescue boat, a civilian craft, in France. The French cannot stop a French boat operating in French waters rescuing people in peril on the seas.

Bonjour Monsieur Port Chef!

Bonjour Rosbif

Je want to register un battuex dans votre port

Pourqui Rosbif?

Pour assisting les Migrants dans le English Channel

Encoulez Vous Rosbif!

So the Station master at Lossie is welcoming a chance to help the border force...

Does this mean he gets to do a whole pile of P-8 training and qualification and stick the Home Office with the bill?

I see that there is a campaign to boycott Ben & Jerry's as a result of the ridiculous spat between them and the Home Office.

I boycotted them years ago for entirely different reasons; I don't understand their packaging.

I used to peer into chiller cabinets at the Ben & Jerry items and be confronted by tubs displaying a swirly unreadable font that you'd eventually decode as something like 'Mississippi Tug Boat' or 'Monkey's Tea Party' or similar, giving no immediate indication of what flavour they were actually offering (they were invariably some variation on that strange cookie dough theme).

There just aren't enough hours in the day to be able to cope with that sort of nonsense, so I just gave up.

Do they actually do vanilla? If they did, it would probably be given such a pretentiously contrived name, you'd never know.

I see that there is a campaign to boycott Ben & Jerry's as a result of the ridiculous spat between them and the Home Office.

I boycotted them years ago for entirely different reasons; I don't understand their packaging.

I used to peer into chiller cabinets at the Ben & Jerry items and be confronted by tubs displaying a swirly unreadable font that you'd eventually decode as something like 'Mississippi Tug Boat' or 'Monkey's Tea Party' or similar, giving no immediate indication of what flavour they were actually offering (they were invariably some variation on that strange cookie dough theme).

There just aren't enough hours in the day to be able to cope with that sort of nonsense, so I just gave up.

Do they actually do vanilla? If they did, it would probably be given such a pretentiously contrived name, you'd never know.

Vanilla that's probably "White Colonial Guilt" or something similar

We've done it before, invade and take Northern France, build BFO wall with lots of guns.

Have reception centres through small doors. If they qualify as refugees, welcome, if not, trebuchet to Paris.

All off the mainland.

Yeah, well I wasn't thinking of manning the craft with actual charity workers, NGO girls and university students on gap years, I would assume that the crew would be rather more robust and be paid a bounty per head of migrants "rescued" and returned safely to France.
Now that's what I call a plan. Just send the heads back.

I'd like to see them tip up on our shores again. "Oi! You. No head, no entry!"

While this subject has been discussed at length since 21 Sep 2016... Discounting the 'shot them all' comments which are at best black humour. The bottom line is that uncontrolled and illegal migration, is without doubt a drain on State finances and resources, that is unsustainable and dangerous to the nation state.

Simply put any nation can have either "Open Borders or Welfare State" to try and maintain both is both impossible and destructive to the fabric of society. Clearly there needs to be a change in both national and international law. The western world as a whole cannot accommodate, those who are in need because of conditions in their own nations. Like it or not it just cannot.

There is also across Europe a lot of 'nimbyism' caused by the dysfunctional nature 'The Schengen Agreement' and the failures to address this issue since 1999, when the Sangatte refugee camp was opened. It is 2020 so for 20 years, this has affect the whole of Europe. Within the thread quoted below, it was oft mentioned that Italy and Greece was both struggling to cope but ignored by the institutions of the EU.

Little wonder then that they did little to stop illegals leave their nations to go north.

Illegally crossing the channel to enter the UK was as much as a issue then, and I propose that the numbers doing so were much the same then as they are today, just not as viable. Like it or not when the general population say this Island is full, they are correct the nations infrastructure is in many places broken and not scaled to handle such a force of numbers being injected into it.

We do not have the housing stock, for our own citizens let alone these waves of illegals, the welfare state while considered by some to be fundamentally underfunded by the 'cradle to grave' citizenry whom it was created for, has no slack to afford it to be given away to those who have contributed nothing.

The black economy is rife with criminality, and illegal migration has added to that in such numbers that our national systems of policing has also been stretched to breaking point, means that lawlessness has increased. While the criminal element be it people smugglers, drug networks, hand car washes or nail bars to name but a few have profited.

It must be said many of these criminal enterprises have not been started by citizens born in this nation.

That some aspects of the legal profession has become in large parts, both facilitators and cheerleaders for 'open borders' while at the same time decrying cuts to legal aid, is disingenuous at best or at worst deliberately seeking to change society for political reasons. That 'lawfare' has and is used to undermine elected governance is clear for all to see, regardless of the 'whataboutry' we hear spouted, on almost a daily basis.

To those who are broadly supportive of the current international laws regarding requests for asylum, and push back against either those laws being set aside or leaving such convention by the UK, until such times as they are redrafted to fit this century's conditions, I contented that you are either 'not very bright' or someone who believes that national sovereignty is to be actively broken and replaced by some utopian pipe dream.

If fundamentally nothing is done, and the 'can' once more kicked down the road, not just in the UK and quickly there will be social upheaval but not in the utopian kumbaya way that some wish for. As I have said this has been discussed at length and foreshadowed in many aspects in the thread below.
What he said . . . PARTICULARLY . . .

"To those who are broadly supportive of the current international laws regarding requests for asylum, and push back against either those laws being set aside or leaving such convention by the UK, until such times as they are redrafted to fit this century's conditions, I contented that you are either 'not very bright' or someone who believes that national sovereignty is to be actively broken and replaced by some utopian pipe dream.

If fundamentally nothing is done, and the 'can' once more kicked down the road, not just in the UK and quickly there will be social upheaval but not in the utopian kumbaya way that some wish for. As I have said this has been discussed at length and foreshadowed in many aspects in the thread below".

The discussion/debate, does seem to be polorised around the two extremes (much like BREXIT !), in that there is NO possible/suitable/acceptable "half-way-house" compromise.

It is unfortunate that those who suggest/wish to explore, a more "robust", pragmatic, approach are characterised as reveling in a blood-lust of wanting to shoot/drown/dismember women and children.

Surprised the hysterical accusation of been a "racist", has not yet been used . . . !!

Last edited:

syrup

LE
on what grounds will you stop unidentified craft leaving French waters?

Bit like the last border force when Jony Foreigner was threatening to sail across.
I can just see the Victor Book for Boys 2020.

It's Jonny Foreigner sir trying to get asylum.
Not on my watch stand by to ram

Hooray he come the Breetish to rescue us.
Mustapha's underpants they're not stopping
Aieeeeeeee

Whooop Whoop

Bloody murderer
Get that woke clowns name and throw him overboard.

But my main point is not how this problem could be solved, my solution might not work, but rather the lack of any government effort to make any attempt to solve it, which clearly indicates that the government of the UK has no real desire to end this problem, nor does it even regard it as a problem.

I think the problem is that they are paralysed with fear over the national and international left wing and charity group backlash on social media and in the form of protests and riots that will happen if any serious effort is made to really clamp down on it. I can't see that changing any time soon.

I think the problem is that they are paralysed with fear over the national and international left wing and charity group backlash on social media and in the form of protests and riots that will happen if any serious effort is made to really clamp down on it. I can't see that changing any time soon.
As well as that, too many lawyers lining up to make a fortune stalling anything remotely close to proper protection of our own borders.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
That would be an act of piracy, and probably prevent them from ever getting asylum in the UK. It would also help prevent global warming.
View attachment 496755
The Unification Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster applauds you, May you be touched by His noodly appendages :applaud::applaud:

The discussion/debate, does seem to be polorised around the two extremes (much like BREXIT !), in that there is NO possible/suitable/acceptable "half-way-house" compromise.

I disagree.

There are those of the bleeding heart persuasion who insist all are welcome, irrespective of where they originate from, what their motivation is or whether they've passed through a safe country (where they should legally have claimed asylum - if they are asylum seekers). Nothing will persuade these people that migrants have no right to reach and stay in UK. They are motivated either by complete altruism, or an underlying political / societal objective.

However, you can largely neutralise these people through the provision of law that makes clear exactly what is legal and what happens to those who arrive illegally. For example, arrival by sea is assumed to have originated in safe EU country (where asylum if desired, should have been claimed) and are thus entering UK illegally (particularly if sans documentation) for which immediate and unconditional return is the legal course of action. This will take some work to counter the inevitable whataboutery that the all welcome mob will deploy as a counter. But once done and in force, there's no argument. That is actually enforcing international law (Dublin agreement) - there is no suggestion that it takes precedence over national law, but you do have to work through it.

It is unfortunate that those who suggest/wish to explore, a more "robust", pragmatic, approach are characterised as reveling in a blood-lust of wanting to shoot/drown/dismember women and children.

I doubt that anyone suggests they are revelling in bloodlust. However, by their own words they want someone (not themselves) to put non-combatants in potentially lethal danger and then by definition put the "someone" at risk of criminal - murder/manslaughter - proceedings. These people are just a bit reluctant to admit/accept that's what they're actually suggesting.

Surprised the hysterical accusation of been a "racist", has not yet been used . . . !!

Why should that be used in a debate about what is and is not acceptable to counter illegal immigration?

Well, it’s a proper busy day today. Lots of crossings, including landings on Romney Marsh

syrup

LE

Totally agree
Mentioned it on the other thread

Can you honestly see us shifting migrants on to trains or boats with guards and dogs barking etc
The left have a special word beginning with N they like to band about and it's not the dogs name.

All you can do is make it as unattractive as possible

Get them out the hotels and into tents.
A nice hard winter on Salisbury Plain should cheer them up.
The French don't give a **** they let them live by the side of the road and in jungles.
That's what we need to do I've said it before and I'll say it again welcome them in, tell them there can be no asylum as they've came from France and leave them to their own thing.
They set a camp up move them along.
Keep moving them along.
Give them nothing let the charities and celeb's look after them.

Pick them up and take them to a five star hotel with pool and free food they'll send photo's to their mates
See how many make the journey when selfies are getting sent back of them living in conditions no better than Greece or France.
We'll soon stop being attractive.

syrup

LE
Well, it’s a proper busy day today. Lots of crossings, including landings on Romney Marsh

Because all the talking and fancy planes flying round is let the people smugglers have a fire sale.
Last week they were being told to book their place because once Brexit came.
Now all the do is point to the sky and see that there, they'll send the Navy to come and get you it's now or never

Vanilla that's probably "White Colonial Guilt" or something similar

The whole schtick being put across by Ben & Jerry is one of a socially aware cottage industry run by a couple of dippy hippies. The reality being that it is a large industrial concern owned by mulltinational giant Unilever, who also own Wall's Ice Cream and many other international ice cream brands now under the Heartbrand banner.

I'll bet that Unilever's woke sensibilities would not stand up to much scrutiny. Amongst their vast portfolio are many well-known tea producers... and we all know about the tea industry's record on employee welfare.

Because all the talking and fancy planes flying round is let the people smugglers have a fire sale.
Last week they were being told to book their place because once Brexit came.
Now all the do is point to the sky and see that there, they'll send the Navy to come and get you it's now or never

Well, a nice plane flying a racetrack off Dover will certainly provide a useful aiming point, not that they need it, the RNLI/BF is generally orbiting mid channel now waiting to pick them up as they cross into UKTW.

RNLI.jpeg
Seeker.jpeg

Posted by Ruptly yesterday

Last edited:

Latest Threads