Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
wellllllllll.......

yes, they’d be up for that, a steady job in the promised land, a roof over their head, no more threats of violence, the opportunity to get educated and move on up the aspiration ladder, it’s a win-win, but....

Tarquil will shout, ‘that’s exploitation! It’s bonded labour! How beastly! Tabitha! Tell Johntie at HR Chambers we have a new cause Celebre to fight.
McDonnell was shouting the other week about how ending the furlough scheme was 'forcing people back to work'.

No-ones asking the guys arriving what they'd be content with.

Couldn't agree more. You can't really blame someone living in Somalia or Eritrea from trying to escape the place.

Funny how they seem to bring the worst aspects of those places with them though...

Somali gangs...

If Brown's incompetence hadn't pushed house prices through the roof, the cost of living wouldn't be so high, either. There's an issue, which is this: a given cost of living dictates a given minimum necessary income.

I live in, effectively, a two-up two-down in Surrey which at the height of the market previously was worth £400k. The same property in Stockton-on-Tees is/was probably somewhere in the £70k bracket.

My ex-wife came down from Teesside and her father was a builder. She was absolutely aghast at what it cost to get someone in to build a drive on our first house. I had to point out to her that the guy doing the work had to live locally with commensurate personal costs. When we divorced, she was on £30k. She moved back north. I had to do some comparative costing for the legal people. Essentially, that meant finding us equivalent two-bedroom houses to live in at each end of England. The property price differential meant that her £30k was equivalent to £70k in the south.

An ex of mine was a hostess for Excel Airways. Excel flew out of Gatwick and Glasgow, but paid the girls the same wage no matter their location. The girls near Gatwick were sharing three to a house. The girls in Scotland were able to afford a nice apartment apiece.

I simply can't afford to work for the minimum wage. If I were living in a shed with others, my outlook would perhaps be different. Round here, a combined household income of ca. £100k is necessary to not be living on credit cards/loans and enjoy a moderate but comfortable life (i.e. be able to pay for things out of 'now' money without worrying unduly).

Does the current situation encourage people to live on the dole, or in some instances oblige them? Again, discuss.

The Left will pile in with accusations of exploitation if you oblige those on the dole to top up their benefits by doing such as fruit-picking. The employers will be 'exploiting' the government to keep wages 'artificially low', while the government will be 'starving the poor back to work'.

Meanwhile, the produce rots in the fields...

my 2 bed detached bungalow On the south coast cost me £60k in 2000, value now £300k and going up in full after burner.

the big building game round here is 4,5 and 6 bedroom en-suite houses.
why all en-suite? And what family needs or can afford a 6 bedroom house?
They are all promptly let as 4,5 and 6 bed bedsits.

Last edited:

endure

GCM
Funny how they seem to bring the worst aspects of those places with them though...

Somali gangs...

Well, around here the scousers seem to be the gang of choice - in particular county lines related stuff.

There a a problem right there.
Benefits and Minimum wage are set too high. It encourages millions to live on the dole, and stops business's with a need for no skill workers being able to afford to employ the ones that want to work.

But try and reduce benefits and the howling from the leftwaffe will be audible from the other side of the universe.

I did like this statement today after Ben & Jerrys ice cream company tried being woke with the government on this issue

Capture.PNG

Given HM Government have been castigated by the Official Statistician, they’re on decidedly dodgy ground there...

I read recently that we shouldn't blame the traffickers for sending the illegals across the Channel, but blame our government/s for making our welfare and benefits system too generous to illegal immigrants.

For me, if the authorities really wanted to target the trafficking gangs, follow the trail of all these new boats and life jackets the illegals seem to wear.

these boats?

syrup

LE
And of course, SKY news provide an excellent crossing support service.

They are kicking off about her she's too white and privileged and not picking them up and providing a taxi service.

We wokey Mark Matthews confusing tourist destinations with war torn countries
It's France you geographically challenged fuckwit

Arkanstigger

War Hero
But try and reduce benefits and the howling from the leftwaffe will be audible from the other side of the universe.

I did like this statement today after Ben & Jerrys ice cream company tried being woke with the government on this issue

View attachment 496455

“Priti is working day and night”

I'll hazard a guess that she really isn't.

McDonnell was shouting the other week about how ending the furlough scheme was 'forcing people back to work'.

No-ones asking the guys arriving what they'd be content with.
Maybe the furloughed workers want to stay at the seaside?
Not having a job to go back to may well wipe the smug smile off their faces.
Which will give Mcdonnell something else to whine about.

I've been blaming it on Geldof and Bono for years.
They have made those countries dependant on aid.
Ergo they see the UK as a rich country, their own country can't even feed them but we can send money food and clothes over because we have so much.
The they get to Greece and Calais and their are Brits handing out cash, phones and laptops and telling them they really must pop over some time

Also how horrible must the EU be for people to cross whole continents just to arrive in racist Britain, how disgusting a place France must be for them to want to leave so soon

It shows what a failure the EU is that migrants are willing to risk their their lives to cross to Britain

syrup

LE
An extra large RNLI lifeboat has just arrived in Dover to assist in rescue operations.

New trick apparently is to give them enough fuel to get into British waters
That way they have to be rescued by the British.

How long would it take for the tide to take them back frog side?

Latest Threads