Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date
I imagine that given we’ve allowed most of the Middle East to become a shithole, I’m not sure they’d agree with that.
I haven't allowed anything.
Lily Allen walt

Therefore it would be refreshing if she stopped talking in sound bites and trying to make headlines until such time as she is absolutely certain she is able to address this problem swiftly (and legally).
She has been using the same MO for the past 9 months or so and fcuk all has changed!
What do you suggest she does, that she is not already attempting to do?
What is your ‘magic bullet’

Can't we put HMS Victory to use now it's been renovated firing full broadsides at these dinghy's? Needs to earn it's keep after all that's been spent on it ^~
How much do I have to pay to get on the crew?

gorilla

War Hero
There is a way to deal with the issue properly and it doesn't involve European co-operation either. The answer is to target the smugglers themselves and their equipment. The smugglers upper echelons are now based in Belgium whilst the lower ranks work in France near the coast. We send MI6 and SRR to the relevant locations to gather intellignce and fix the HVT's. We then send the Hereford gun club or the increment to remove these individuals. We also emply the SBS to take out the boats within 100m of the French coast without hurting the refugees (they may get a bit wet). We know that the gangs smuggling these people are mostly Albanian or Kurdish, so shouldn't be too hard to find. Make it so costly to be a people smuggler that its not worth it and the job is as good as done.

WALT

War Hero
So correct... You were luck-y
Rubbish. It was always a calculated risk. He knew what he was doing and no one got hurt. Just got a bit hairy occasionally.
Oh yes, and in all that time, we never needed to pop flares or get anyone else to bail us out.
I think that 's the difference between proper nautical types and these idiots in rubber dinghies.

Rubbish. It was always a calculated risk. He knew what he was doing and no one got hurt. Just got a bit hairy occasionally.
Oh yes, and in all that time, we never needed to pop flares or get anyone else to bail us out.
I think that 's the difference between proper nautical types and these idiots in rubber dinghies.
I meant you had a lucky exciting childhood
You lucky boy

WALT

War Hero
I meant you had a lucky exciting childhood
You lucky boy
Ah. Understand. Sometimes internet comments can be a bit ambiguous.
However, I'd never describe crossing Milford Haven in a force 7 in pissing down rain in an open boat as "lucky." but whatever floats your boat, as they say.

View attachment 496251

Absolute bollocks. As a child I had many a similar journey. Mind you, my old man is a slightly barking ex-matelot.
Enjoyed something like that, on the "boat handling course", at Marchwood . . . and got paid for doing so ;) .

Last edited:
What do you suggest she does, that she is not already attempting to do?
What is your ‘magic bullet’
I don’t have a magic bullet - I expect our elected Government to sort this out, before the so-called trickle of illegals in inflatables becomes a torrent. At the very least, I want the criminals profiteering from all this misery to be denied the chance to do it at all. They are out there and appear to be operating their trafficking almost in the open without fear. I want THEM to feel fear and to have their Liberty taken from them. Whether that is done by the French, the British or both, I don’t really care. Target the traffickers and perhaps the flood of illegals will reduce to a trickle.
Since you ask, what’s your ‘magic bullet’?

There is a way to deal with the issue properly and it doesn't involve European co-operation either. The answer is to target the smugglers themselves and their equipment. The smugglers upper echelons are now based in Belgium whilst the lower ranks work in France near the coast. We send MI6 and SRR to the relevant locations to gather intellignce and fix the HVT's. We then send the Hereford gun club or the increment to remove these individuals. We also emply the SBS to take out the boats within 100m of the French coast without hurting the refugees (they may get a bit wet). We know that the gangs smuggling these people are mostly Albanian or Kurdish, so shouldn't be too hard to find. Make it so costly to be a people smuggler that its not worth it and the job is as good as done.
What he said !!

I don’t have a magic bullet - I expect our elected Government to sort this out, before the so-called trickle of illegals in inflatables becomes a torrent. At the very least, I want the criminals profiteering from all this misery to be denied the chance to do it at all. They are out there and appear to be operating their trafficking almost in the open without fear. I want THEM to feel fear and to have their Liberty taken from them. Whether that is done by the French, the British or both, I don’t really care. Target the traffickers and perhaps the flood of illegals will reduce to a trickle.
Since you ask, what’s your ‘magic bullet’?
the problem is, the big gangs behind this are the Albanian and Belgian ones, very well established, well financed, and deeply entrenched drug cartels who’ve simply diversified into people smuggling.
If we haven’t broken their ability to do their main day job, drug smuggling, how are we supposed to interdict their sidelines in prostitution, contraband and people? These are not thugs, these are very powerful and professional organised crime syndicates with significant political influence and long, well established supply lines.

Last edited:
The latest from our 'masters' timed at 15:58....

The UK and French governments are "working at pace" to ensure they are "completely cutting" the route migrants are using to cross the Channel illegally, the immigration minister has said.

Speaking from Paris, following crunch talks with officials, Chris Philp said both sides were "clear that more needs to be done" to stop the growing number of people making the journey, with more than 4,000 people reaching Dover already this year.

Although the Government is planning new laws after the UK leaves the EU, Mr Philp said ministers are "not going to wait until January," adding: "We need to take action now."

c/o the Torygraph
Implying of course that’s precisely what they were waiting for.......

NSP

LE
Lack of AIS signal does not guarantee lack of presence of a ship.
Why cannot I see a vessel on the Live Map?

ETA Here is a translation from a French site. French to the left, translation to the right, scroll to the top. It seems consistent with what I have read elsewhere. "Warships" are exempted from broadcasting their status via AIS. Other craft may be exempted if there is believed to be a threat (Somali pirates etc).

Original article: Navigation : désactiver le système AIS peut coûter cher au capitaine -
However, most surface combatants not involved in hostilities will broadcast their position (although not necessarily their identity - ours usually show "UK warship" as the name), especially when transiting or operating in or near crowded "friendly" waters and shipping lanes like the Strait of Dover.

NSP

LE
I imagine that given we’ve allowed most of the Middle East to become a shithole, I’m not sure they’d agree with that.
But they don't have to make the journey [over The Channel] - they could stay in France or even the first safe haven that they reach - and thus show some compliance with the laws of the civilised part of the planet.

NSP

LE
if you are financially self sufficient, you get better service, car to France, a fast Motor boat to a small south coast harbour, rather than an over crowded dinghy onto a beach, and you pay cash per stage, and get a refund if intercepted.. You land in the UK debt free.
By and large the better off, educated from the ME, Africa.

If you are skint, (most of them), you pay a big deposit, then take out a loan for the rest. You travel slum class in containers, crates and trucks, have a good chance of dying, you will be met on arrival in the UK by the person who’s bought your UK end of the debt and now owns you. No refunds, it’s all at risk, but the debt doesn’t die with you if you do. You will owe up to £10k for the last leg over, your family very substantially more for the trip to France.

its a proper business, with various classes of travel.
Isn't the premise that the young male makes it to the Promised Land, gets asylum and then once possessed of his nice new passport lobbies for the family to be allowed to join him due to his rights to family life under the HRA, though? Once the missus and kids are in then rinse and repeat for the extended family of parents. Then siblings. Then cousins. Thus they all come in on British Airways and not via the traffickers.

Latest Threads