Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date
Except they won't. Benefit culture has become so ingrained, people would rather sit on their arrse, doing nothing, than take care of their family.
Most around here are busy little bees, using all that free time to top up with various wheezes, and they work hard at it too....

It's the one benefit never discussed......All week to mooch around, do a bit of side work, bit of dealing, make contacts, etc. etc.

There was a theory expounded years ago by Richard Littlejohn that after the British white working class voted for Thatcher in droves in the 1980s, it was decided by Labour that once back in power, the British working class would be replaced by an imported one.

Subsequent events have shown this theory to not be entirely untrue.

This in turn has led to the red wall up north collapsing, and Brexit.

Should Labour ever regain power, expect the importation of even more immigrants.
I think a grain of truth does exist in that theory. To me the the intention was to break the back of nationalism and that would have allowed for an easier entry, into some future abortion of a European sovereign state and an end to the united kingdom.

Labour at the moment is certain to regain power and the red wall has already been rebuilt, because the Tories failed to fight for anything and most ordinary citizens have retreated in on themselves again and we are back to the politics of the selfish and in that fight Labour will always promise more than the tories.

Do remind me who the PM was at the time of Maastricht and which party was in power?
John Major, but there is a however. The Lisbon Treaty, which clarified the Maastricht Treaty and enshrined EU law over national laws.

The Treaty of Lisbon for the first time clarifies the powers of the Union. It distinguishes between three types of competences: exclusive competence, where the Union alone can legislate, and Member States only implement; shared competence, where the Member States can legislate and adopt legally binding measures if the Union has not done so; and supporting competence, where the EU adopts measures to support or complement Member States’ policies. Union competences can now be handed back to the Member States in the course of a treaty revision.

The Treaty of Lisbon gives the EU full legal personality. Therefore, the Union obtains the ability to sign international treaties in the areas of its attributed powers or to join an international organisation. Member States may only sign international agreements that are compatible with EU law.

The Treaty for the first time provides for a formal procedure to be followed by Member States wishing to withdraw from the European Union in accordance with their constitutional requirements, namely Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union (TEU).

The Treaty of Lisbon completes the absorption of the remaining third pillar aspects of the area of freedom, security and justice (FSJ), i.e. police and judicial cooperation in criminal matters, into the first pillar. The former intergovernmental structure ceases to exist, as the acts adopted in this area are now made subject to the ordinary legislative procedure (qualified majority and codecision), using the legal instruments of the Community method (regulations, directives and decisions) unless otherwise specified.

Stan_Deesey

War Hero
Tiny companies yes, but I can’t see that a national house builder for example is found to risk the fine and the loss of reputation that would entail.

The fine is minimal - I think it was something like £300 for each employer being underpaid. It was more profitable for a company to pay under the minimum wage and accept the consequences if caught. Very few companies were prosecuted for this anyway because it isn´t strictly enforced.

I remember back in the days of CMD´s premiership that Tesco got around paying minimum wage by paying new employees a trainees wage for an indefinite time, or by using unemployed people, and not paying them at all. There was a bit of an outcry over this, and some people stopped shopping at Tesco, but the supermarket is still trading. Pizza Hut, Superdrug and Costco have also been criticized for underpaying staff, but haven´t been prosecuted.

A mate of mine speaks Turkish and lived out there for some time and he reckons that few, if any, are genuinely Turkish. He engages them in chat - or at least tries to. Most he thinks are Kurdish (massively in to organised crime) or Iraqi, Iranian or Syrian.

Who would go to an Iranian barber?

It's all how you sell it.

"Artisan Persian Barbers of Shoreditch" has a nice ring to it. ;)

Stan_Deesey

War Hero
Tiny companies yes, but I can’t see that a national house builder for example is found to risk the fine and the loss of reputation that would entail.

Here´s an article for you from Accountancy Daily. HRMC has found more than 6500 violations of the minimum wage during the last five years, but only six companies have been prosecuted for it.

The fine is minimal - I think it was something like £300 for each employer being underpaid. It was more profitable for a company to pay under the minimum wage and accept the consequences if caught. Very few companies were prosecuted for this anyway because it isn´t strictly enforced.

I remember back in the days of CMD´s premiership that Tesco got around paying minimum wage by paying new employees a trainees wage for an indefinite time, or by using unemployed people, and not paying them at all. There was a bit of an outcry over this, and some people stopped shopping at Tesco, but the supermarket is still trading. Pizza Hut, Superdrug and Costco have also been criticized for underpaying staff, but haven´t been prosecuted.

In the Hospitality industry, a great many companies used the wheeze that tips formed part of your wages.

former RAF base at Coltishall for refugee accomodation?
Norfolking chance. NIMBY's don't want it.

"When the site was last used to house asylum seekers, it proved controversial with five calls to the police and 30 complaints to the district council within the first month of opening."

Finding somewhere to land at the other end might be a bit awkward, or do you think that one could dump them in the sea from several thousand feet up en-route?
He probably does.

The cabin crew in his imaginary airline will all be former Argentinian secret policemen.

The precedent has now been set, for the rest of Europe - and the UK - to implement repatriation flights !!

An excellent summary of postwar inwards migration. But, sadly, you are wasting your time trying to convince many of this site of the benefits of migration and they will be quick to point out they are referring to 'illegal' migration of brown people and Muslims and how they have 'enriched' our society.

Yes and clearly evidenced facts don't matter much. It very much seems that ARRSE become an echo chamber inhabited by the deluded old farts club, who definitely know better. A shame, when Magic_Mushroom left he did suggest this was happening.

Take care.

Yes and clearly evidenced facts don't matter much. It very much seems that ARRSE become an echo chamber inhabited by the deluded old farts club, who definitely know better. A shame, when Magic_Mushroom left he did suggest this was happening.

Take care.

Bullshit. The fact that many of us have a similar mindset in no way indicates similar opinions. Look at how often we squabble among ourselves. For example, the poo poo thread.

Take care.
Flouncing already?

syrup

LE

Take care.

There's been plenty of evidenced facts on this thread.
Which sock are you then since you only joined on Thursday and I'm pretty certain M_M left before then

1643047746165.png

An excellent summary of postwar inwards migration. But, sadly, you are wasting your time trying to convince many of this site of the benefits of migration and they will be quick to point out they are referring to 'illegal' migration of brown people and Muslims and how they have 'enriched' our society.

People commenting on illegal immigration on a thread about illegal immigration.

You just couldn't make it up

There's been plenty of evidenced facts on this thread.
Which sock are you then since you only joined on Thursday and I'm pretty certain M_M left before then

View attachment 634035

People commenting on illegal immigration on a thread about illegal immigration.

You just couldn't make it up
In fairness he was explaining migration post WW2 up to recent times and not the recent dinghy debacle. Whether he is a genuine poster and has flounced or a sock being kept on ice, their points do highlight an important that has been highlighted before.

Refugee and asylum have been abused as a cover for straightforward economic migration. Perhaps the 1950s and 60s UN refugee conventions should be revisited to focus on today's realities?

In fairness he was explaining migration post WW2 up to recent times and not the recent dinghy debacle. Whether he is a genuine poster and has flounced or a sock being kept on ice, their points do highlight an important that has been highlighted before.

Refugee and asylum have been abused as a cover for straightforward economic migration. Perhaps the 1950s and 60s UN refugee conventions should be revisited to focus on today's realities?
Most of the laws and acts today in force are more or less unfit for purpose, hence the Nationality and Borders Bill which is going through a reading on the 27th of this month and hopefully once passed will fill in loop hopes which are exploited, which is the whole idea of bringing them in.

The "Kill the Bill" protests, the purpose of the bill isn't to take away peoples right to protest or peaceful protest, it's to crack down on when it goes too far and people start becoming a general nuisance and begin taking the piss out of their civil liberties.

It's why I get so annoyed with idiots like Auditing Britain and Kooleberks whom basically make the Police look stupid when they can do it themselves.

People call this a free country and yet don't appreciate the cost in blood and because of that take the piss in general.

Latest Threads