Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date

NSP

LE

He's not very popular at the minute having flagged the VIP tours of Anfield!
The comments on the LEN FB post for that article (linked earlier in thread) would seem to suggest that there's a damn-site more Liverpudlians on-side with Nige and opposed to the LEN (apparently based and published in Manchester - oh-oh) and this Liam bloke that penned the article ("a communist dick" seems to be a theme) than side with the article's sentiments.

Polyester

Old-Salt
Fresh air...?

Presumably you meant directly ahead of a pony tail...?

;)
Quite right Sir, quite right. I stand corrected.

Yokel

LE
Pretty sure that there some who will appreciate and be grateful for your attitude . . . which they would probably regard as those of "a useful idiot" :( .
Are you saying that the rule of law, or valuing the individual - every individual - are not Western values? They are deeply rooted in Western culture and a legacy of our Judeo-Christian heritage.

I could mention the parable of the good Samaritan.

Try watching the talks of Professor Jordan Peterson or the late Sir Roger Scruton. Recognising the sanctity of the individual and of the truth has spread Western values all over the World. One cannot define 'the West' by Geography, skin colour, or faith.

Things such as the rule of law helped the West survive things such as two World Wars and the Cold War.

As I noted previously, Diane Abbott was challenged by a French politician over her nonsense assertion that these people were fleeing tyranny, oppression, death and all things unpleasant.

The people crossing the Channel have left a benign country - by pretty much any definition you can come up with.

Supporting a legal gravy train isn't a priority for the UK. I'd start by making that clear to the profession.

The trouble is, how?

From a distance, it looks very much like the French aren't dong all that they perhaps could to stop people leaving their shores. I can empathise; they want rid of the problem. But at the moment their solution is to make it ours.

See above.

The short answer is, 'So what?!'

Black Lives do indeed Matter. But make that clear to the governments in the countries which are majority black. We're not racist for failing to cope with their failings, as you note.
If it was both our home grown and recently imported scrotes heading the other way from Dover, I'd be investing in inflatables, and a brass band to bid adieu.

Are you saying that the rule of law, or valuing the individual - every individual - are not Western values? They are deeply rooted in Western culture and a legacy of our Judeo-Christian heritage.

I could mention the parable of the good Samaritan.

Try watching the talks of Professor Jordan Peterson or the late Sir Roger Scruton. Recognising the sanctity of the individual and of the truth has spread Western values all over the World. One cannot define 'the West' by Geography, skin colour, or faith.

Things such as the rule of law helped the West survive things such as two World Wars and the Cold War.
And a branch of the Judeo-Christian belief broke-away, turned left, and declared those that didn't follow them, to be their sworn enemies, that are to be destroyed.

I do like what Jordon Peterson has to say, and how he explains it - particularly to C4 News airheads ;) .

D

Deleted 3147

All over the TV news programmes last night. Sunday 09 AUG2020.

Reporter filmed hoard of idiots, attempting to launch their inflatable. Eventually succeeded, when they decided to leave behind on the shore a woman and child.

FIVE "smugglers" seen walking away, leaving them to it.

Reporter CONFIRMED he contacted the police/authorities. Even after forty minutes (?), NO-ONE attended.

Interviewed beach-fisherman, who confirmed it is a daily occurrence.

You are reminded . . . "that for evil to prevail, all it takes is for good men TO DO NOTHING".

You are reminded that this is what the ROBUST support of the law looks like!!

Have we seen any such enforcement, clearing "Jungle" camp sites and port areas in France . . . or on the Turkey borders with Bulgaria?

Sorry that's just dribble. You disagreed with my post because I made the point the French are taking action and within their own resource issues and then evidenced numerous times where French authorities are actually taking action that has resulted in arrests, yet you base your assertions on a TV broadcast where there is no way to gauge the context, what actually may be going on to track the wider network in that region, or simply that the French might just be stretched and can't police that as effectively as we'd like - do you think we've the resources to police our own coastline?

You see a snapshot on TV, I can see far more than that and see significant efforts. I'm not sure I'd be as ready to vociferously base my beliefs upon on a news broadcast.

Oh, so ye're a vet now are ye?
Nah. Just that when I learned to ride, age 6, at the RN Saddle Club in Malta, I heard it said: ‘once you’re up in the saddle, take a look for’ard and if you see two ears you know you’re on the right way round’.
A lesson for life!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
True the documents are destroyed, but there are enough people capable of identifying the region people have come from to quite a high level of granularity by their mode of speech, accent and dialect. Add physical features and behaviour it's not overly hard to identify where people are from.

Worst case they stay in detention (not in Hilton Hotels of course) until returned home or they agree that France is where they want to be and bye bye. I'm sure it's quite possible to do what the Australians managed and find a suitably obnoxious island to dump them on en-masse.
serious question
why do we not have a secure camp to place them in, where they can be fingerprinted, DNA samples taken, the language and dialect checked to establish exactly where they came from ?
will DNA provide evidence of location ?

NSP

LE
Strange as it may seem, the ‘behind’ of a horse is for’ard of the tail, ie in the direction of the head and ears.
So, behind the tail, ie aft of the tail, is fresh air.
Of horses it is often said, "Dangerous at both ends and cunning in the middle."

D

Deleted 3147

Well thank you for that confirmation . . . . I am not at all surprised that you are "staggered" at the suggestion, that idiots embarking upon a benign/dangerous sea-crossing, should be responsible for their own actions !!

Such a naive, simple, distorted attitude, clearly influences the content of your posts.

Maybe if you stepped outside of the "bubble" (of life-time employment ?!), that seems to have formed your opinion and attitudes . . . you might then gain an appreciation (if not quite an understanding/acceptance), of the frustration of others, who ARE "able to see the wood for the trees".
Your posts just get more stupid, you're coming across as a bigot, pure and simple. You are making some amazing assumptions about who these people might be and their circumstances. You are the naive one with an incredibly distorted attitude, you appear to lack any understanding or compassion.

I may have had a long career in the Navy but it's very much been far from in bubble as you might think.

Now I will make an assumption, your "frustration" is focussed on resources, these migrants may dare consume. Resources you believe are for British people only.

Tell me that's not the case? What are your opinions and attitudes towards migrants? You seem to be wholly happy with people being exploited by criminal entities and risking their their lives, yet unwilling to see a place to help.

D

Deleted 3147

Can I suggest that it 'aint got nothing to do with "RN types", experience of the sea, maritime law, etc.. that is all merely the "red-herring" used by some to distract others :( .

When it comes down to it, it is about morals, fundamental beliefs, and the "law & order" that is the bedrock of our "western" civilisation . . . and that some of us committed ourselves to upholding, whilst in uniform, training to "shoot-to-kill" those(%) we understood were intent on destroying what we held dear (% by their actions throughout Eastern Europe, and elsewhere in the World)

Do you believe that what you earn/accomplish should be yours?! (Never mind the Biblical debate about spending a full day, or just a few hours toiling !!). Do you believe that what is yours, is yours to keep and protect?

Why should thousands of years' of history NOW be overturned, by some who believe we should welcome those WELL DOCUMENTED "aliens", who are intent on destroying our beliefs, behaviour, culture, religion, politics, democracy and society ?!
And there it is, @RCT(V) , at his heart RCT(V) is just a pensioner fretting that migrants will steal his pension and overturn thousand's of years if history, in a country that encourages immigration at around 600k a year.

So @RCT(V) would it be ok if they were all Doctors, or Engineers? Do we just allow the ones with paler skins in? Would that satisfy you? How about just Catholics or Anglicans?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Nah. Just that when I learned to ride, age 6, at the RN Saddle Club in Malta, I heard it said: ‘once you’re up in the saddle, take a look for’ard and if you see two ears you know you’re on the right way round’.
A lesson for life!
The same was said to me by my best man. Look how that turned out.

Your posts just get more stupid, you're coming across as a bigot, pure and simple. You are making some amazing assumptions about who these people might be and their circumstances. You are the naive one with an incredibly distorted attitude, you appear to lack any understanding or compassion.

I may have had a long career in the Navy but it's very much been far from in bubble as you might think.

Now I will make an assumption, your "frustration" is focussed on resources, these migrants may dare consume. Resources you believe are for British people only.

Tell me that's not the case? What are your opinions and attitudes towards migrants? You seem to be wholly happy with people being exploited by criminal entities and risking their their lives, yet unwilling to see a place to help.
Everything you advocate only seems to "help" those responsible for trafficking those whose motives have been observed and documented worldwide.

D

Deleted 3147

Everything you advocate only seems to "help" those responsible for trafficking those whose motives have been observed and documented worldwide.
Now you're just being obtuse. Read the links, arresting people behind people smuggling..

It's not rocket science.

And there it is, @RCT(V) , at his heart RCT(V) is just a pensioner fretting that migrants will steal his pension and overturn thousand's of years if history, in a country that encourages immigration at around 600k a year.

So @RCT(V) would it be ok if they were all Doctors, or Engineers? Do we just allow the ones with paler skins in? Would that satisfy you? How about just Catholics or Anglicans?
Pitty that you now only seem willing to "play the man, not the ball", and choose to ignore what is obvious to many, many others :( .

I have yet to see (reported) any WASP individuals, from the "Five Eye" countries, crossing the Channel in inflatables !!

Those that are in the inflatables, are universally, clearly, identified by the descriptors about which you seem embarrassed, uncomfortable in acknowledging.

Why?!

Latest Threads