Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date
napier-barracks1.jpg

I spent 8 weeks in those accomodation blocks in 1984 while on a course. Cheap and cheerful - not brilliant but they were warm and dry and within walking distance of the pub.

They were not partitioned off and IIRC it was 16 man rooms. Washroom and toilets were adequate. We all accepted that it was transit accomodation for the duration of the course and most of us buggered of out at weekends.

Mind you, we kept them clean and tidy and didn't trash them and leave shit all over the place...
And soldiers never thought to themselves "if we trash it, they'll put us somewhere better".

napier-barracks1.jpg

I spent 8 weeks in those accomodation blocks in 1984 while on a course. Cheap and cheerful - not brilliant but they were warm and dry and within walking distance of the pub.

They were not partitioned off and IIRC it was 16 man rooms. Washroom and toilets were adequate. We all accepted that it was transit accomodation for the duration of the course and most of us buggered of out at weekends.

Mind you, we kept them clean and tidy and didn't trash them and leave shit all over the place...
Transit accomodation being the operative term. Usually means to somewhere better

napier-barracks1.jpg

Next you will be saying you didn't torch them either

napier-barracks1.jpg

And, therein lies the problem.

They just throw their shite all over the place,expect the cleaners to do everything and have a mysoginistic attitude...they only wear masks when there's a camera around, the locals have complained to the Council who, don't give a toss about the Barracks 'cos they want to knock 'em down to build new housing developments so, the more shite that sticks...the sooner the bulldozers move in,the sooner more council tax payers will arrive !

And, therein lies the problem.

They just throw their shite all over the place,expect the cleaners to do everything and have a mysoginistic attitude...they only wear masks when there's a camera around, the locals have complained to the Council who, don't give a toss about the Barracks 'cos they want to knock 'em down to build new housing developments so, the more shite that sticks...the sooner the bulldozers move in,the sooner more council tax payers will arrive !
Well then, there's our answer - let them come in and flatten the place.

Put the inhabitants back on their boats with a fair Westerly...

What really amazes me is that we've had this uncontrolled immigration problem for years and every time some chancer of a politician pops up and say 'I can fix it' the terminally dim believe that they actually mean what they say rather than that they're just panhandling a few more votes.

If it was easily fixable it would have been fixed years ago.

So change the Human Rights Act.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Well then, there's our answer - let them come in and flatten the place.

Put the inhabitants back on their boats with a fair Westerly...
Not even that. If they flatten the place, leave them to live in the rubble.

We gave them what we were obliged to: sanctuary and shelter. That they chose to deprive themselves of their human rights is their problem.

Bill them for the damage and make them work it off.

Did I get anything morally wrong, there?

You can't force them to go anywhere if the country that you're trying to force them to go to won't accept them.
Lots of Aid going to countries that they may come from, I'm sure politicians in said countries would hate to drive a 2 year old Merc

In what way would changing the Human Rights Act decrease illegal immigration?

Ammending some parts of it, or tearing it up and starting again, would change the onus of where burdons of proof lie.

For years we have watched boatloads of predominantly young males , claiming to be under adult age, stepping off boats from European mainland, well dressed, all with mobile phones but no passports and looking more adult than I did when I joined up.

Feed and house them for a few years, Rights to Jury Trials, Appeals and now they have other Rights as they have been here so long.
Bang a girl up pregnant = more Rights.

Get in trouble with the Law creating possible problems with your Status - just step outside your Housing and disappear.

Hundreds of thousands are out there already - but sharing a room with others and working cash-in-hand is still loads better than back home in Shantytown, Africa

Thats why it needs changing.

Latest Threads