Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date
56747CAB-7AF9-402E-82E2-4126C2CBB6B2.jpeg

bet he buys in bulk

81052231-A3A4-473C-B070-7277A907212B.jpeg

TEEJ

Old-Salt
Ah yes! That well known maritime patrol aircraft the Atlas C1!

That is it's secondary role. Maritime patrol / maritime radar reconnaissance and search and rescue. Crews regularly train for that role. Atlas used in that role in the Falklands.

@Flight

• You have yet to provide the evidence that I support the illegal and irregular migration across the Channel.
  • You have yet to account for your reverse bearing on your allegegations that the RN leadership is weak.
  • You have yet to confirm your military experience, in spite of a number of normal and sane posters asking you to clarify this point (Hint: being in the cadets doesn't count).
  • You continue to use the rather silly, alt-right US term 'cuck' in increasingly abusive posts, bearing in mind this is CA.
  • You accuse all and sundry to be co-conspirators in some vast scheme to overrun Great Britain with illegal migrants, yet you are unable to provide a shred of evidence of this alleged endemic corruption.
  • You are either a sock or a bear of very little brain. Or both. Or a RUSBOT

D

Deleted 3147

@endure and @A2_Matelot . . . "Mi' hearties" . . . are you two both now involved DIRECTLY, with what a lot of those posting, consider to be an embarrassment to the "Civil Service" (Border Force etc) ?!
Nope, I'm RN not Border Force. Nice try, you're still very much incorrect in your assumptions about the activities of various French agencies.

I see their activities and am happy they are trying. Slap on as many disagrees as you care to. I know you're wrong and have zero basis for your assumptions.

D

Deleted 3147

That is your perception, I however, see actions with the Gendarmerie and Prefect Maritime. It's a huge coast line to police and they have the same resource issues as we do.

Go on then @RCT(V) , you slapped on a disagree, now please explain why, any evidence you have that French authorities are materially not assisting will be gratefully received. I'll even ensure its passed on. In your own time.

Meanwhile...
French authorities nick someone helping arrange day trips to the UK

Biased BBC fake news of French helping disrupt people smuggling

Damn French making stuff up again...

Europol making up stuff about disrupting people smugglers

Aargh this doesn't help the narrative. More arrests

Nothing to see here, no Johnny foreigners arresting people smugglers

NCA making stuff up about French authorities disrupting people smugglers.

spurious tales of border policing

French authorities clearly not helping at all

damn Daily Mail daring to suggest the French are helping..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmm...... it’s all gone quiet.
have they gone down to Kent to form a thin red line on the beach against the invading hordes?

silly boy....

“....In June 2015, Enterprise replaced HMS Bulwark in the mission to rescue migrants crossing the Mediterranean from Libya to Italy.[12]By December 2015, Enterprise had been responsible for rescuing more than 2600 migrants.[13] By December 2016, this number had risen to over 9000[14] before Enterprise was finally relieved by Echo. In recognition of her contribution to the European Union's Operation Sophia and her lifesaving work, the ship was awarded the Firmin Sword of Peace, an award given to units of the UK Armed Forces who have gone above and beyond their normal role...”
And . . . how many would we have "rescued" and, DIRECTLY CONTRIBUTED to the present problem . . . IF WE (HMS Bulwark/HMS Enterprise) WERE NOT THERE ?!

How many MORE were ENCOURAGED to attempt the crossing . . . in the knowledge that "Grey Funnel" ferries, would meet them ?!

Ah!! . . . "Its literal meaning references a submissive man sexually cuckolded by a woman. Now, it is a catch-all among the alt-right, in the dark corners of the internet where #feminismisacancer hashtags are a badge of pride and the real enemy is PC culture, where “cuck” has become shorthand for any perceived weakness, or rather, perceived reluctance to exploit strength".

I wish the BBC would stop saying another boatload has “successfully” crossed the Channel, like it is some sort of achievement. No they haven’t, they’ve illegally crossed the Channel.

D

Deleted 3147

And . . . how many would we have "rescued" and, DIRECTLY CONTRIBUTED to the present problem . . . IF WE (HMS Bulwark/HMS Enterprise) WERE NOT THERE ?!

How many MORE were ENCOURAGED to attempt the crossing . . . in the knowledge that "Grey Funnel" ferries, would meet them ?!
I'm sorry but that's simply idiotic. Google the number of military, coastguard and NGO vessels that took part in Op Sophia and the related Ops.

Are you seriously suggesting that in the face of waves of migrants being put to sea in some incredibly dangerous craft/situations we should have stepped back because it might have encouraged some people?

I'm staggered.

Oh, I knew about the open-door policy - I just didn't know about binning the white list.

It was Jack Straw who wrote the 'We're sorry' article that appeared in the Telegraph.
Diane Abbott more recently stated that such a policy never existed.
Like they would tell her anything

We do have an agreement with France that they will seek to deter and prevent such activities to cease the exploitation of people and to prevent potential SOLAS incident.

The Treaty of Sandhurst is worth a read to explain in broad terms what was set in train in 2018 (and before), since then we've spent a lot of money equipping French authorities to help tackle this.
France said they will help for free, but a tax free donation of £30 000000 would help

Go on then @RCT(V) , you slapped on a disagree, now please explain why, any evidence you have that French authorities are materially not assisting will be gratefully received. I'll even ensure its passed on. In your own time . . . .
All over the TV news programmes last night. Sunday 09 AUG2020.

Reporter filmed hoard of idiots, attempting to launch their inflatable. Eventually succeeded, when they decided to leave behind on the shore a woman and child.

FIVE "smugglers" seen walking away, leaving them to it.

Reporter CONFIRMED he contacted the police/authorities. Even after forty minutes (?), NO-ONE attended.

Interviewed beach-fisherman, who confirmed it is a daily occurrence.

You are reminded . . . "that for evil to prevail, all it takes is for good men TO DO NOTHING".

You are reminded that this is what the ROBUST support of the law looks like!!

Have we seen any such enforcement, clearing "Jungle" camp sites and port areas in France . . . or on the Turkey borders with Bulgaria?

And why - exactly - is that important ?!
What's interesting is that the only RN type who has proffered an opinion disagrees directly with the "I was a professional mariner, you know!" civvies who are, through their extensive experience of being at sea in anything other than a warship, are sharing with the rest of us their insight into something the vast majority of us (me and them included) haven't actually seen.