Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date
The vast majority of the migrants crossing the Channel are Iraqi and Iranian Kurds and they are seeking family reunification. Given that we are now refusing EU citizens at Calais, etc. I am waiting for a dinghy full of Romanians next.

Are there sources available for public viewing that can give the breakdown of dingy / truck stowaways by nationality / age /gender etc ?

TB wouldn't merit a return though; no carrier would carry a passenger with a notifiable communicable disease.
Ahem- unless of course they were people smugglers and not subject to ABTA conditions. But that's the point we are not dealing with legitimate carriers, nor do these people turn up in the normal channels. I think that's what people don't get their heads around. Next time a yacht sails past into some little marina-don't assume it's innocent.
PHE ? Public Health England ?
If it's already in place then like all problems that could be resolved, its down to a lack of political will.....Plus ca change as they say at the bring your own dingy terminal
As above

It depends; as a rule the Syrians don't, because they know that they have zero chance of ever being returned to Syria.
.....at the moment. Don't forget that bit. Asylum is temporary until they can go home, but then the vast number don't and then claim our lives are not as good. Fine dear friend "off you go"

I see the HO is celebrating a whole 11 people being jailed in connection with illegal immigrants English Channel crossing.

Extract from the Guardian:

"Ministers have quietly changed immigration rules to prevent people fleeing war or persecution from claiming asylum in the UK if they have passed through a “safe” third country, prompting accusations of a breach of international law".

Despite a nationwide covid lockdown with today's highest numbers 1,800 cases, the RIB regatta continues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Are there sources available for public viewing that can give the breakdown of dingy / truck stowaways by nationality / age /gender etc ?
Bit hard when they 'lose' their passport and forget the language and everything about the country they the fled

.....at the moment. Don't forget that bit. Asylum is temporary until they can go home, but then the vast number don't and then claim our lives are not as good. Fine dear friend "off you go"
That worked will with the Kosovo (Albanian) lot

Bit hard when they 'lose' their passport and forget the language and everything about the country they the fled
In the late 80s, TV show Surprise Surprise had a Polish man who stayed here after fighting for us during WW2. He hadn't seen his family since the war. They reunited them, but he couldn't speak a word of Polish, he had forgotten it. He hadn't even spoken it with other Poles all those years, he had acclimatised himself here so much

In the late 80s, TV show Surprise Surprise had a Polish man who stayed here after fighting for us during WW2. He hadn't seen his family since the war. They reunited them, but he couldn't speak a word of Polish, he had forgotten it. He hadn't even spoken it with other Poles all those years, he had acclimatised himself here so much

The late Mike Nicholson's adopted daughter was exactly the same when she went back to Bosnia as a student volunteer, she could only speak half-a-dozen words of Serbo-Croat.

That worked will with the Kosovo (Albanian) lot
Least said about that, not in my specific remit at the time- but then no one asked us Customs who were doing the Eurostar on board controls. Plain as a pike staff what they were up to. People forget that also behind the falling apart of Yugoslavia were organised crime gangs and they saw a means to get to the west, all the ICJ were interested was in who killed who.

Even to have a compilation of approximate age and gender would be a start. No doubt it would make uncomfortable reading but it would at least shine a light on our imminent policing and societal issues.

back in the eighties we'd have believed him- we're not so naive now.

I see the HO is celebrating a whole 11 people being jailed in connection with illegal immigrants English Channel crossing.

Extract from the Guardian:

"Ministers have quietly changed immigration rules to prevent people fleeing war or persecution from claiming asylum in the UK if they have passed through a “safe” third country, prompting accusations of a breach of international law".

Despite a nationwide covid lockdown with today's highest numbers 1,800 cases, the RIB regatta continues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It was probably the 11 people recording the Border Force and sticking it up on YouTube that got arrested.

Latest Threads