Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Hopefully there is some blonde lovely over there who will take pity on me and not only petition their media about the unfairness of it all when the Swiss government refuse my application , but sleep with me as well .

Look for Lillian though she might be quite a bit older now.

Why do you think the French nudge them into our territorial waters?

This rather shows that for decades, across Europe that any immigration problems has become more pass the parcel rather than decisive legislation. While I ultimately blame such poor governance on weakness amongst the political class, the role of both the media and judiciary also have leveraged such weakness.

The problem is as you have mentioned across many threads is the conceit that because of Europe's historical past its therefore an issue of Europe's making. Of course this is a twisting of the truth, the truth being that predominately all Europe nations left their colonies in a functioning state... We may have been enriched from colonialism but we also set up functioning institutions of statehood.

That such post colonial states fell to corruption and in many cases communism is on them. Frankly I no longer care about trying to help such nations in any way, and while an 'imperial' China is sweeping up across Africa should be considered as a strategic threat. That is not going to improve Africa or advance China in the long term.

The natives will turn as they historically have done, China does not have the manpower, resources and skills to hold ground.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
This rather shows that for decades, across Europe that any immigration problems has become more pass the parcel rather than decisive legislation. While I ultimately blame such poor governance on weakness amongst the political class, the role of both the media and judiciary also have leveraged such weakness.

The problem is as you have mentioned across many threads is the conceit that because of Europe's historical past its therefore an issue of Europe's making. Of course this is a twisting of the truth, the truth being that predominately all Europe nations left their colonies in a functioning state... We may have been enriched from colonialism but we also set up functioning institutions of statehood.

That such post colonial states fell to corruption and in many cases communism is on them. Frankly I no longer care about trying to help such nations in any way, and while an 'imperial' China is sweeping up across Africa should be considered as a strategic threat. That is not going to improve Africa or advance China in the long term.

The natives will turn as they historically have done, China does not have the manpower, resources and skills to hold ground.
Go further and burst another bubble - would any of those countries have progressed without colonialism?

Performance and developments since would suggest not. I'm sure saying that'll upset some people.

Voting in or out is the (relatively) easy part. Once theyre in, getting them to stick to their manifesto is the real slog.

From reading the last couple of pages, this new party could secure a sizeable chunk of votes by promising

- A debate and rewrite of the UN convention on refugees
- A debate and rewrite of Cherie Blairs Human Rights Act
- A debate over continued adherence to the EHCR
- The construction of a dozen prison ships that will be docked at isolated sites

Last edited:
Go further and burst another bubble - would any of those countries have progressed without colonialism?

Performance and developments since would suggest not. I'm sure saying that'll upset some people.

Indeed, I for one am happy to say to say much the same, I also suspect that many others have and do too. I used to think that some migration was not a negative, rather it was beneficial to both parties. That mindset has been chinned off, I firmly believe that migration into this nation should be an exception. Until such times as our infrastructure and societal institutions are sustainable.

Things this nation needs none of, the sick lame and lazy, or criminal classes, we have enough home-grown waste of spaces as it is. That of course throws me into the political alignment of 'anyone a fag papers width to the right of Stalin, is Hitler' grouping.

comme ci comme ça ;-)

From reading the last couple of pages, this new party could secure a sizeable chunk of votes by promising

- A debate and rewrite of the UN convention on refugees
- A debate and rewrite of Cherie Blairs Human Rights Act
- The construction of a dozen prison ships that will be docked at isolated sites

Populist fascist dog... ;-)

The 1st thing that needs to be done is that this '' International Law '' needs to be identified and scrutinised.

S'funny, the Aussies had no qualms, despite some imaginary '' International Law '' interdicting boats and towing them to some scraggy island.

If it's good enough for the Aussies to break International Law - It's ******* good enough for me, and I would suggest millions upon millions of other like minded citizens.

Plenty of room on South Georgia.

We seem to have this topic on several threads, but I'll offer my thoughts here.

I think I have a grasp of what's happening to the UK from this site and its multitude of sources, and also what has happened to Australia from having lived there since 1983. I have seen illegal immigration to Australia wax and then wane and seen how this was achieved, not that the UK's and Australia's situation/geography/climate are necessarily comparable.

Frankly, the beaches are not the place for this to happen in the UK context, be it English beaches or French beaches. The further back in the process illegal immigration is prevented the more effective it is. Several things need to happen at the same time:

1. IIs, if they make it to across the Channel, should be arrested and held in detention, not hotels. Their cards must be marked for deportation which should happen quickly. Their detention should ben publicised in the IIs' countries of origin.

2. Efforts must be made in the countries of origin for smuggling networks to be rolled up, the organisers prosecuted and punished. Punishments to be publicised in the countries of origin. When the IIs arrive 'home' their arrival needs to be publicised. Potential IIs in the countries of origin must be made aware that they should not aim at entering the UK.

3. The countries of origin need to be 'encouraged' to cooperate. This is probably the distasteful bit; odious regimes have to be persuaded to come on board, be that by bribery, trade deals, police 'training', intelligence support, support in world bodies or whatever works.

4. France likewise needs some encouragement. Cooperation can be linked to trade or fishing deals. Or does France come under 'odious regimes . . . ?

The British government has a good majority in Parliament, they need to be resolute and decisive and be seen to be driving the process, not driven by it.

I think I have a grasp of what's happening to the UK from this site and its multitude of sources, and also what has happened to Australia from having lived there since 1983. I have seen illegal immigration to Australia wax and then wane and seen how this was achieved, not that the UK's and Australia's situation/geography/climate are necessarily comparable.

Frankly, the beaches are not the place for this to happen in the UK context, be it English beaches or French beaches. The further back in the process illegal immigration is prevented the more effective it is. Several things need to happen at the same time:

1. IIs, if they make it to across the Channel, should be arrested and held in detention, not hotels. Their cards must be marked for deportation which should happen quickly. Their detention should ben publicised in the IIs' countries of origin.

2. Efforts must be made in the countries of origin for smuggling networks to be rolled up, the organisers prosecuted and punished. Punishments to be publicised in the countries of origin. When the IIs arrive 'home' their arrival needs to be publicised. Potential IIs in the countries of origin must be made aware that they should not aim at entering the UK.

3. The countries of origin need to be 'encouraged' to cooperate. This is probably the distasteful bit; odious regimes have to be persuaded to come on board, be that by bribery, trade deals, police 'training', intelligence support, support in world bodies or whatever works.

4. France likewise needs some encouragement. Cooperation can be linked to trade or fishing deals. Or does France come under 'odious regimes . . . ?

The British government has a good majority in Parliament, they need to be resolute and decisive and be seen to be driving the process, not driven by it.
Fat f*****g chance of that.

Londo

LE
Serious answer, but they probably had relatives here who own a fast food franchise or kebab van or similar.
Plenty of these sort of businesses seem to do a thriving trade in selling national insurance numbers to the needy .
Once you have that number the streets are paved with gold for the unscrupulous as this bloke may well have been .
As well as a unskilled labourer it's reported back home he was a cross border smuggler of cigarettes and who knows what else .

Plenty of these sort of businesses seem to do a thriving trade in selling national insurance numbers to the needy .
Once you have that number the streets are paved with gold for the unscrupulous as this bloke may well have been .
As well as a unskilled labourer it's reported back home he was a cross border smuggler of cigarettes and who knows what else .

The route that Iraqi and Iranian Kurds used to favour for cigarette smuggling was Erbil to London via Vienna on Austrian Airlines. It was on an industrial scale. Counterfeit tobacco is another big problem.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Yes, but there's a different point which is being missed or wilfully ignored by some.

Our borders are not closed. It is possible to migrate to this country. You just have to meet certain criteria.

The 16 24year-old who drowned and washed up on the beach in France a few weeks back had already had his citizenship application there rejected three times. So, he decided to try his luck here.

Why should the decision be any different here?

But he became another totem, another 'victim' of our intransigence.

There's nothing wrong with the government saying the above more clearly.

The problem with dealing with 'odious regimes' is that the people living under them are trying to get out from under them. Throw as much money as you like at the people at the top - and it'd have to be millions upon millions to be taken seriously - and you'll still get 'seepage'. Those same people who will take our millions officially will also be open to bribery at home. We'd be naive to think other.

However, I'd be rolling up Care4Calais and all the other similar clowns and telling them that they cease and desist or face jail.

The only way you're going to stop some of these gangs involves numbers - numbers like 5.56 and 7.62.

Yes, but there's a different point which is being missed or wilfully ignored by some.

Our borders are not closed. It is possible to migrate to this country. You just have to meet certain criteria.

The 16 24year-old who drowned and washed up on the beach in France a few weeks back had already had his citizenship application there rejected three times. So, he decided to try his luck here.

Why should the decision be any different here?

But he became another totem, another 'victim' of our intransigence.

There's nothing wrong with the government saying the above more clearly.

The problem with dealing with 'odious regimes' is that the people living under them are trying to get out from under them. Throw as much money as you like at the people at the top - and it'd have to be millions upon millions to be taken seriously - and you'll still get 'seepage'. Those same people who will take our millions officially will also be open to bribery at home. We'd be naive to think other.

However, I'd be rolling up Care4Calais and all the other similar clowns and telling them that they cease and desist or face jail.

The only way you're going to stop some of these gangs involves numbers - numbers like 5.56 and 7.62.
Legal immigration - sure. A sensible number of legitimate refugees, drawn from refugee camps overseas - sure. 'Dealing with' NGOs - sure. My words were cobbled together either side of going out for dinner in a torrential, tropical downpour. I keep thinking of other points, but it all starts and ends with decisive political leadership.

If I may

Frankly, the beaches are not the place for this to happen in the UK context, be it English beaches or French beaches. The further back in the process illegal immigration is prevented the more effective it is.

Not really going to stop Illegal's when they can get very close to UK shores via other Countries.

Efforts must be made in the countries of origin for smuggling networks to be rolled up, the organisers prosecuted and punished.

Why would Countries of origin try to stop Illegals leaving ? There is a fair bet that their own Countries dont want them

I think perhaps you have misjudged the loony left, parasitic human rights lawyers et al in the UK.

FFS - It took 12 years to extradite Hook Hamza to the US.

Tyk

LE
Legal immigration - sure. A sensible number of legitimate refugees, drawn from refugee camps overseas - sure. 'Dealing with' NGOs - sure. My words were cobbled together either side of going out for dinner in a torrential, tropical downpour. I keep thinking of other points, but it all starts and ends with decisive political leadership.

Sadly that leadership is lacking and it always will be while they run scared of the "racism" word.

This country could and should have a very simple policy of automatically rejecting, detaining and promptly deporting any individual that is guilty of breaking a law, no legal aid, no bleeding heart lawyers.
Illegal migration is by definition lawbreaking so for the ones in rubber boats and sneaking onto road transport that's an immediate hoof to point of origin, they can be back in France in a matter of hours.

Sadly that leadership is lacking and it always will be while they run scared of the "racism" word.

This country could and should have a very simple policy of automatically rejecting, detaining and promptly deporting any individual that is guilty of breaking a law, no legal aid, no bleeding heart lawyers.
Illegal migration is by definition lawbreaking so for the ones in rubber boats and sneaking onto road transport that's an immediate hoof to point of origin, they can be back in France in a matter of hours.
The failure of "moderate" UK politicians to act on this will end up with us having a real racist in power at some point. Which race is the target of their ire is still open to debate...

The failure of "moderate" UK politicians to act on this will end up with us having a real racist in power at some point. Which race is the target of their ire is still open to debate...

That danger is something that is being widely discussed, except from the political class and media... Make of that what you will.

Regarding that dead Kurdish family yesterday, whys it the fault of the British public ? As if we’re made to feel guilty?
Is it too far beyond the facts of reality that the parents put their own kids in a dinghy in the English Channel in severe weather which lead to their deaths??

Latest Threads