Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date
That is the 64 thousand dollar question and, one that many old and new conservative voters 'including those who hold their noses' while voting want it dealing with.

Meanwhile sadly as long as the judiciary and legal professions are advocates more for open borders than the nation state, and while the media continues too throw shade at those who want to fundamentally change immigration laws, its going to be a hard slog. If the 'PM fails to use both an 80 seat majority' and parliament to change the law swiftly, it may well be the final cut as part of the death by a thousand cuts that is doing for his premiership and the conservative parties demise.

Those on the right of politics are not going to just give up, but sadly I think many who want all immigration curtained or even halted until the nation can adequately resource actual population levels and sustain infrastructure, are going to be disappointed.
The thing is, if there was a new party with Nigel Farage and Lawerence Fox for example. Charismatic charachters who are well funded, these days, with declining loyalty to both established parties they would soon eat into their vote share. We saw it When Nigel Farage formed the Brexit party, it came out of nowhere and in a few months won the most seats in the Euro elections.

I know that was a one issue thing and was all about Brexit, but Johnson only got his large majority because Nigel stood down a lot of his canditates. They don't even need to win any seats, its the fear of eating into the vote share where there isn't a large majority and letting the other side in. Its the only thing politicians fear, losing their jobs and access to the gravy train.

I think the public aren't prepared to ignored anymore, and when they are angry you can get people who haven't voted for a long time doing so, for parties that they wouldn't have considered voting for, before.

In_Twists

Old-Salt
The thing is, if there was a new party with Nigel Farage and Lawerence Fox for example. Charismatic charachters who are well funded, these days, with declining loyalty to both established parties they would soon eat into their vote share. We saw it When Nigel Farage formed the Brexit party, it came out of nowhere and in a few months won the most seats in the Euro elections.

I know that was a one issue thing and was all about Brexit, but Johnson only got his large majority because Nigel stood down a lot of his canditates. They don't even need to win any seats, its the fear of eating into the vote share where there isn't a large majority and letting the other side in. Its the only thing politicians fear, losing their jobs and access to the gravy train.

I think the public aren't prepared to ignored anymore, and when they are angry you can get people who haven't voted for a long time doing so, for parties that they wouldn't have considered voting for, before.

Voting in or out is the (relatively) easy part. Once theyre in, getting them to stick to their manifesto is the real slog.

The woke snowflakes even gave it a special name. Victim Blaming.

Of course. It's your right not to do as told when arrested by the police, thus leading to harsher methods of restraint than would normally be used. When it goes sideways, it's never the fault of the non complying scrote, and always that of the officers trying to do a shitty and difficult job.

Which begs the question, what have the Tories being doing to stop this ? Don't get me wrong if I could get away with it, id punch a few Labour MPs into an early grave, but if the Tories are to hold on to the new votes they need to make some seriously big calls.

I would posit that until / unless the UK withdraws from the UN convention on Refugees, nothing with happen except a few token forceful removals.

It was not by accident that the 2015 invasion was by '' Refugees '' regardless of where they originally came from. ( Refugees from Kosovo, Albania, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and all sorts of weird and wonderful places )

Illegal Immigrant / undocumented economic migrant / fully paid up member of the people smuggling gangs, it matters not a jot, you instantly become a '' Refugee ''

The cynic in me says that this has been engineered by a large cabal of parasitic, bottom feeding excuses for Human Rights Lawyers, who otherwise would have very large feeding troughs slammed tightly shut.

The 2nd issue, and more to the point of the thread, is that not a single person ( regardless of their background or where they came from ) that is crossing the Channel from France / Belgium / Holland / Spain, or any other EU Country has a legitimate claim as a refugee. Unless there is a secret war raging that no-one knows about, all these Countries are safe havens.

It should be a fairly simple process. Break the law by illegally crossing the Channel / Paying people smugglers / no documentation - Return to sender at a rapid rate of knots.

There are other actors at play here and I suggest it is Human Rights Lawyers and the UN convention on refugees.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
I couldn't give a flying fk, the entire Arab world doesn't give a shyt so why should we? How are these people our problem?

If they had made it here it would be yet more school places taken, yet another house and yet more hospital beds. And they'd be unlikely to forget their culture, instead they would turn England into yet another part of the middle East/India/insert random shythole.

I don't want these people coming to my country and I don't like the idea of being racially and culturally replaced and then having to feel guilty about even questioning it.
Yes,

With Muslims being 22% of the worlds population and all of them dutifully giving 2.5% of their wealth (Zakat) to the following (IAW the 3rd pillar of Islam):

The poor
The needy

Zakat administrators (Ho, ho)
Those whose hearts are to be reconciled
Those in slavery
The debt-ridden
In the way of Allah
The destitute traveller

And coupled with the fact that in every non muslim country that raises zakat annually, 98% of it will go abroad. You really think they would have their act together by now to alleviate this desperately tragic wave of human misery.

Until this all gets sorted I will continue to beat myself in shame along with the guilt of my white privilege and anything else that's my fault..........or indeed the fault of my hideously privileged parents who should have devoted their time in WW2 to much more needy issues that any fool could have seen coming.

Come on UK, up your effing game, this is OUR liability.

And breathe.

I would posit that until / unless the UK withdraws from the UN convention on Refugees, nothing with happen except a few token forceful removals.

As a follow on - I have just read this

Last week, a group of media outlets — including investigative site Bellingcat — published detailed reporting alleging Frontex involvement in so-called pushback operations at the Greek-Turkish maritime border, in which refugees and migrants are prevented from reaching EU soil or are forced out of EU waters. Such pushbacks violate international law.

It would appear, that is against some International Law or other, to attempt to stop Law breakers breaking the Law, especially at sea.

The 2nd issue, and more to the point of the thread, is that not a single person ( regardless of their background or where they came from ) that is crossing the Channel from France / Belgium / Holland / Spain, or any other EU Country has a legitimate claim as a refugee. Unless there is a secret war raging that no-one knows about, all these Countries are safe havens.

It's not very secret, but you could claim that Brexit was war between the EU establishment, France and Germany vs the UK

As a follow on - I have just read this

It would appear, that is against some International Law or other, to attempt to stop Law breakers breaking the Law, especially at sea.

The question is going to be brave enough to try and get the presumably maritime law modernised, with all the accompanying ist's and ism's they'll be accused of ?

It's not very secret, but you could claim that Brexit was war between the EU establishment, France and Germany vs the UK

How does that explain Sangatte from the 80's.

That's part of the problem - By screaming loudly about today, the last 40 years of infiltration are getting ignored.

Voting in or out is the (relatively) easy part. Once theyre in, getting them to stick to their manifesto is the real slog.

Ending the 'Fixed Term Parliament Act' would be a good start, while it can be said that a fixed term gives a government time to fix thing, it also enables inactivity and poor governance.

The question is going to be brave enough to try and get the presumably maritime law modernised,

The 1st thing that needs to be done is that this '' International Law '' needs to be identified and scrutinised.

S'funny, the Aussies had no qualms, despite some imaginary '' International Law '' interdicting boats and towing them to some scraggy island.

If it's good enough for the Aussies to break International Law - It's ******* good enough for me, and I would suggest millions upon millions of other like minded citizens.

Ending the 'Fixed Term Parliament Act' would be a good start, while it can be said that a fixed term gives a government time to fix thing, it also enables inactivity and poor governance.
I thought that had been done?

I thought that had been done?

The first election under the FTPA was held on 7 May 2015. An early election was held in 2017, after Prime Minister Theresa May received approval to call it by a two-thirds majority as provided in the Act.[2]

Under the FTPA the next general election was scheduled for 2022, but the Early Parliamentary General Election Act 2019, passed with Opposition support, circumvented the FTPA, providing for an election on 12 December 2019 while otherwise leaving the FTPA in place. The date for the next election is now scheduled by the FTPA for the fifth year after the election of 2019, in May 2024—subject to the possibility of an earlier election under the FTPA.

The Conservative Party, currently in government, is committed to repealing the FTPA.[3] A private member's bill to repeal and replace the FTPA, substantially restoring the position as it was before the FTPA was passed, was introduced in the House of Lords by a Conservative peer on 3 February 2020

Proposed changes​

Repeal​

The Conservative Party manifesto at the 2017 general election proposed repealing the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011.[70] However, Theresa May's government failed to win a House of Commons majority at that election and did not attempt to repeal the act.[71]

The Conservative Party repeated the commitment to repealing the act in its manifesto for the December 2019 election, at which it won a majority. The manifesto stated that the Act "has led to paralysis at a time the country needed decisive action".[3][72] The first Queen's Speech following the election confirmed that "work will be taken forward to repeal the Fixed-term Parliaments Act".[73]

Repealing the Act would require a new Act of Parliament. If the duration of parliaments is to be limited, arrangements for this would need to be included in the new Act because the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011 repealed pre-existing legislation governing the duration of parliaments.[12]

Reform​

Since the Act has abolished the old prerogative powers, for example the royal power of dissolution, it may not be possible simply to revive them even if that were desired. The Act might instead be reformed, in particular to specify what steps should occur during what is now the "messy fortnight" after a motion under the Act is passed and to clarify whether pre-existing types of vote amounting to no-confidence, such as rejection of the Budget, continue to require a government's resignation.[74]

Replacement​

After the December 2019 election, on 3 February 2020, a private member's bill to repeal and replace the FTPA was introduced in the House of Lords by Conservative peer Lord Mancroft.[4] The bill would establish five-year parliaments, the next election to be on 2 May 2024, unless an early election is called by royal proclamation dissolving Parliament. This would substantially restore the position before the FTPA. The bill would confirm that the monarch has power to prorogue Parliament until a time of the monarch's choosing. Under the bill, the monarch's actions, and government advice to the monarch about those actions, would not be justiciable. As of 11 February 2020, a second reading for the bill has yet to be scheduled.

So fudging rather than repealing looks likely... Oh the joys of modern day legislating.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not so sure about that.

There are two preoccupations at the moment: pandemic and getting Brexit finished. Both are major - and both give the Opposition and agitators the breathing space in which to generate (for them useful) noise.

I really would like to think that they wouldn't be getting away with half of this in a 'normal' world.

Unfortunately, it's double whammy time. Brexit would have been onerous enough on its own. Pandemic on top... ouch.

I think I'll apply for asylum in Switzerland .

As an unreconstructed and unrepentant capitalist , I no longer feel safe in this country .Two years ago a vile smelling hippy woman threw her Costa coffee over me at Liverpool Street Station, accusing me of being an " effing banker " ( I wish .... ) ruining a perfectly good suit and tie in the process.

When I pointed out that she was a lackey of the capitalist state herself , buying coffee from a bunch of tax dodging parasites paying the minimum wage , she went absolutely mental . In the 80's , one of my fellow commuters would have thrown under a moving train or set fire to her , not any more

As an economic migrant , I'll pay eff all tax and the skiing is good .
Hopefully there is some blonde lovely over there who will take pity on me and not only petition their media about the unfairness of it all when the Swiss government refuse my application , but sleep with me as well .

Latest Threads