Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date

Padders

Old-Salt
Clearly no one else has died today as this is the top story on BBC News.

BBC News - 'One dead and one missing' as migrant boat sinks

I wonder if I'd make the front page if I karked it in an ill-advised dinghy escapade?

I wonder if I'd make the front page if I karked it in an ill-advised dinghy escapade?

I think a rescue boat manned by Geldof, Lineker and Lilley Allen should set sail immediately and not return until every metre of the Channel has bee searched. Maybe they will just disappear and never be seen again.

No.

That would be cultural appropriation.

This is the sort of woke claptrap that raises my blood pressure,

Charity Care4Calais said the "loss of life should be a wake-up call for those in power in France and the UK".

This being CA, I had better not make any further comment.

Tyk

LE
It's pretty much inevitable that there will be photographs and bleeding heart articles all over the press in a replay of what happened on a Greek beach a few years ago that led to Mutti screwing the whole continent for the foreseeable future.
While I'm tempted to deploy the wording of a certain SNCO from a 1970's comedy programme, it seems a bit futile.

Quite honestly I really don't care if the illegals drown by the thousands, they're setting off from perfectly safe countries so I see it as self inflicted. I'm so far past the point where I give a damn any more and I don't give a stuff if anyone calls me a racist as the term has been devalued by infinite plays of the race card.

Johnson and Patel are baiting lawyers to distract from the real threat to our freedoms

Yet another Guardian opinion piece massively undermined by some of their comments.

"The lawyer’s job, indeed duty, is to test the current one to its limits on behalf of a client"

"Yes and No. I recall visiting a central London law firm for standard advice regarding a redundancy payment in a fairly straight forward case only to find the lawyer glancing at my un-ringed left hand and announcing "I'd like you to explore the discriminatory angle". Here's the thing I'm not gay and I hadn't been discriminated against. The redundancy was the result of a closure. I gave up on the lawyers there and then and handled my own negotiations. But I remember that experience whenever I hear about people taking their employers to the cleaners for previously unmentioned 'discrimination' years ago, or the myriad of accusations that pop up in other areas.

So is it possible that the same legal firms which encourage employees to make bogus or ill foundered claims about their employers also encourage immigrants to make similarly ill foundered claims to support their applications to stay? Of course it is.

Everyone has a right to be fairly represented, but not to be represented by lawyers who make a mockery of the law, exploiting loopholes and encouraging plaintiffs to play fast and loose with the truth for advantage, and occasionally breaking the law themselves. In one UK case I was advised by my lawyer to assume the other side had hacked my phone. When I expressed shock and amazement, he basically indicated 'Well that's what they would do in their situation'. This is the reality.

And suffice to say it's yet another problem that the UK seems to have imported from the US, where the greed and maleficence of lawyers is legendary. Sometimes I dread the thought of a trade deal with the US, for the can of worms it will open. I have also had legal dealings in Northern Europe and found their lawyers abide by the spirit as well as the letter of the law. It's quite refreshing. I prefer it that way, and so should everyone. It’s all part of fighting corruption which comes in many forms.

I appreciate this is separate from the specific issue of judicial review but if the government is seeking reform, it should set about making a once in a generation reform of the whole broken system, rather than simply tinkering with the bits it finds most disobliging."

"Some lawyers' approach to immigration law sometimes seems very "American" to say the least. The common tactic of waiting for a deportee to be en route to his or her flight and then filing yet another last minute claim which requires yet another hearing, does seem to this "outsider" to be designed more to generate fees than achieve any actual effecT"

99% of lawyers are the bottom feeding lowest of the low. Lower than even prostitutes and drug-dealers. Vile, devious scum with no moral compass whatsoever.

The fact that a lot of politicians start out as lawyers tells you all you need to know.

Cherie and Tony Blair.

Shiner.

I really do not need to add any more to this at this point.

Last edited:

Cruthin1967

Old-Salt

Have some compassion for those truly desperate to leave a shit-hole, disease infested, politically corrupt failed state. By which I mean France.

I call once more for those players of very small violins,

Edit, the BBC is now saying four are dead in this incident.

Edit 2, a baby is reported as being missing overboard.

Photo op. (staged) for the Graun and BBC in some French or Belgian beach?.

Last edited:

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
From the same BBC report:

Abdulfatah Hamdallah, from Sudan, died while trying to row to the UK in August.

Bugger me that puts rowing the Atlantic into perspective.

When I was starting out in the law, the wise old owls said that allowing advertising would be the slippery slope. They have been proven completely correct.

It started with ambulance chasing; now there is the sort of behaviour you describe. Once, it was a byword for honour, being a member of that profession.
Regretfully, while there are still a number of decent citizens in there, solicitors – I can’t speak for barristers in the same way – have lost the status they previously held.

That is a very interesting fact you state about the 'wise old owls'.
If there is any way you can document that (difficult if just words in a Uni lecture) pass it on to the new voices of reason.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
I call once more for those players of very small violins,

Edit, the BBC is now saying four are dead in this incident.
Listening to five live earlier as I was cooking.

You would think this loss of life was entirely the fault of the U.K.

Don’t get me wrong, a terrifying and horrendous way for 2 kids to die regardless (I don’t give a toss about adults, they can make choices that kid’s can’t) but the way I have heard it on the radio was lopsided and, as bleeding always, weighted against Priti P and the U.K.

I have avoided the news since.

My tea was nice though.

It was a fight to see who gets to stay at Gary Linekar's house. The Loser will be settling in to his new digs by now. And will be starting school after the half-term holidays.
FOC

Listening to five live earlier as I was cooking.

You would think this loss of life was entirely the fault of the U.K.

Don’t get me wrong, a terrifying and horrendous way for 2 kids to die regardless (I don’t give a toss about adults, they can make choices that kid’s can’t) but the way I have heard it on the radio was lopsided and, as bleeding always, weighted against Priti P and the U.K.

I have avoided the news since.

My tea was nice though.

The MSM is totally corrupt these days. Woke bias and lies.

We missed a trick when the Brent field was decommissioned recently. The Alpha, Bravo and Delta were all at one point on barges off Hartlepool. We could have stuck the "migrants" on there until their appeals are dismissed and then tow them to just off Calais and then lob them off with the same lifejackets and dinghies they arrived on.

Even if they escape while alongside in the UK its no problem. Because they will be in Hartlepool which, having spent a few trips tied up alongside there, is a place I never EVER want to see again. They'll be hopping back onboard in a jiffy.

The good news is that there are more platforms coming up for decommissioning that could cater for the migrants needs. These can easily be towed wherever we decide to "relocate" them. There are loads of stacked rigs in Invergordon too, same effect if you go ashore there as well.

Hartlepool perfect choice, if any of the new arrivals make it ashore the locals could hang them “Look its an honest mistake we’ve done it before and there were no issues”