Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date
The point is that they haven't and now the good people of Kent have to deal with the consequences.

Don't forget that they also have too PAY for it, both through Local and National Taxation. Has anyone bothered to ask them if they want too.

I'm not saying it is our problem, but highlighting one of the many drivers for migration. The BBC are not moralising at all in the investigation; I portune that this domestic problem in Sudan does little to encourage the locals to stay.

Oh, and the UK held the UN mandate for Sundan until c1956, IIRC.

Was Sudan while a crown colony a functioning nation, rule of law and all that?

up to or over 200 again today....

Any news on which skills they have, are they teachers, scientists, doctors or engineers this time?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Body thought to be an asylum seeker found found on a beach near Calais.

While it is sad when someone loses there life, Claire Mosley goes completely overboard (groan) with her propaganda.

"Campaigners claimed the unsanitary conditions in Calais and alleged abuse by French police officials force many refugees to embark on the dangerous journey in search of a better life.

“It’s desperately sad to hear that another refugee has lost his life trying to cross the English Channel. We can only imagine the pain his friends and family must be feeling now and our hearts go out to them. The refugees in Calais form close-knit, supportive communities and this death will hit them all hard,” Clare Moseley, founder of Care4Calais, said.

“Refugees take this risk because they are frightened, fleeing appalling horrors in some of the most dangerous places on Earth. They do it because of the grim and unsanitary conditions in Calais, where they are constantly harassed and abused by the authorities. They do it because there is no safe and legal way to have their UK asylum claim heard.”
1. Economic migrants
2. And the only place they can 'flee' to is the UK? There's nowhere else in Europe?

Claire's talking kaka, isn't she?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The point is that they haven't and now the good people of Kent have to deal with the consequences.

That is the fault of the Men/Maids of Kent and the Kentish Maids/Men because the county was literally an orchard producing fruit/veg.

I'm not saying it is our problem, but highlighting one of the many drivers for migration. The BBC are not moralising at all in the investigation; I portune that this domestic problem in Sudan does little to encourage the locals to stay.

Oh, and the UK held the UN mandate for Sundan until c1956, IIRC.
It’s being made our problem by default. There are any number of underlying reasons for that not least to current humanitarian broo ha, that we have an obligation to help. The fact is as in Libya and Egypt there is a fundamentalist attitude which is at odds with the western mentality And that is not being dealt with at UN/ international level. I was under the impression that the Italians who held Eritrea were in part responsible for that area.

+70 too 80 Today 19 Oct 2020, from the source that cannot be named, also they are alluding to french fishermen are also in on the game, and have been ferrying them out to close to the halfway point then popping them on a dingy... To avoid surveillance, trawlers and fishing boats being considered normal traffic and perhaps thus not given or getting the same level of EYEBALL Mk I. I would hope that it's a leak from surveillance, to the paper.

Onlookers have reported seeing between 70 and 80 migrants arrive into Dover after crossing the Channel in eight boats today

@Filthy_contract While we all have some sympathy for these people fleeing to improve their lives, However. How many should we let in do you have a top figure...

edited to add a link from the SUN

+70 too 80 Today 19 Oct 2020, from the source that cannot be named, also they are alluding to french fishermen are also in on the game, and have been ferrying them out to close to the halfway point then popping them on a dingy... To avoid surveillance, trawlers and fishing boats being considered normal traffic and perhaps thus not given or getting the same level of EYEBALL Mk I. I would hope that it's a leak from surveillance, to the paper.

@Filthy_contract While we all have some sympathy for these people fleeing to improve their lives, However. How many should we let in do you have a top figure...

edited to add a link from the SUN

I'm not proposing that we let any in; I was simply highlighting the sh!tty world that some come from. The sad fact is that the most desperate people in the developing world are not getting to the UK. Many of those getting to our shore could be described as roughly middle class, and have been able to harness potentially $10-20,000 to get this far (or that they place their lives, and that of their families, in perpetual bond slavery).

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Do shipping containers float?
Well, if you're smuggling people in them it's probably wise to drill some air holes in the top, and some along the bottom of the sides - just to ensure proper air circulation.

In sixty years other nations have moved on and those who wish to could change things in Sudan over a period of some sixty years.
As I have said before. In 1962 Sudan and South Korea were two of the poorest countries in the world. South Korea with no natural resources is amongst the richest today. South Korea also endured 35 years of harsh Japanese colonisation, not a pink and fluffy British one. What excuse does Sudan have?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
As I have said before. In 1962 Sudan and South Korea were two of the poorest countries in the world. South Korea with no natural resources is amongst the richest today. South Korea also endured 35 years of harsh Japanese colonisation, not a pink and fluffy British one. What excuse does Sudan have?
Ignorance and a perpetual need to have things done for them by other people, in other words, laziness like most of Africa!

Latest Threads