Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date

Teeblerone

Old-Salt
And all learnt English, and Australia is a better place for it. These people were prepared to do a day's work-in the vast majority of cases, the rubbish coming across the Channel are, for the majority of them arrogant, entitled criminals here to commit further crime.

Should the Graunidad be done for aiding and abetting crime for supporting illegal immigration?. Along with tax avoidance.

Actually, this Bill to make it an offence to enter the country by illegal means: wasn't it an offence already? I mean, why call it "illegal immigration" otherwise...?

Theoretically ( I think!), anyone can rock up to the border and say 'hello, can I come in please?' A visa*, GBR passport, usually - yep. Certain other countries passports - what are you gonna do?...OK then.
If you sneak across without asking, then at that point you have illegally migrated. A fairly subtle point, I grant you.

* lying to get a visa, using someone else's passport, counterfeit passport probably count as offences at the time of action.

endure

GCM
Anyone got any idea where all these doctors, teachers and engineers received their ahem "training " in their respective professions.
My guess is Sports Direct.

_114698847_penally.-nc.png.png

syrup

LE
Ah, but the Frogs won't accept them back.

Answer to that, no acceptance of returned illegals, no access to fishing grounds whatsoever.

Could the net tactic be an attempt to close a loophole?
There's a big difference in taking a dinghy load of people back to France when you've simply rescued them at sea and trying to deport them after 6 months in the UK.
Once they've set foot here we can only deport them back to where they first came into Europe or where they have claimed asylum.
Simply taking them straight back maybe may be the best option

Ah, but the Frogs won't accept them back.

Answer to that, no acceptance of returned illegals, no access to fishing grounds whatsoever.
Ah! . . . BUT, should the unsafe, unseaworthy, inflatable dinghies, become somehow "incapacitated" whilst still in French waters, it is the responsibility of the odious French to do something about it.

I have generously offered to do this myself, but so far NOT received a reply . . . but "yer man" does (at least) seem to have accepted the principle ;) !!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Wonderful that they now seem to have added "slavery" to their inevitable repertoire of "mental issues" and "racism" along with all the other asylum refugee reasons they have learned.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Londo

LE
Man who was on boat with Sudanese refugee who drowned makes it to the UK

And you guessed it. He is in a hotel in central London (four star or five star?) and sitting in a pub nearby. I wonder if he will be sent back to Italy or France - the safe countries he has been in for a while.
This I think is the one who after his little fib about his mates age was interviewed by one of the papers .
He claimed to have left his home country as his ' life was in danger '
The paper sent a reporter to interview his brother back in his hometown .
Strangely enough his (the brothers) life was not in danger.
Funny that .

Shouldn't they be in a closed box then???

Like off the coast of france, and we don't know if they're alive or dead until we open the box?

NSP

LE
Do shipping containers float?
Yes, usually just under the surface where they can't be readily seen but can rip the bottom out of a yacht.

syrup

LE
Man who was on boat with Sudanese refugee who drowned makes it to the UK

And you guessed it. He is in a hotel in central London (four star or five star?) and sitting in a pub nearby. I wonder if he will be sent back to Italy or France - the safe countries he has been in for a while.

Strange that out of all those that are waiting in Calais to cross and have crossed they Guardian managed to keep track of someone who had already spoken to the media.
Almost as if there was an old style journalist in Calais who handed him a card and said give us a ring when you make it there's a drink in it for you.

I only ask as I'm sure the Government could use some tips on how to track illegal migrants as well as the Guardian appears to.

"Of all the illegal migrants in all the bars, in all of the world, you happen to walk into this one"
"Play it again Samir"

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, usually just under the surface where they can't be readily seen but can rip the bottom out of a yacht.

I've written a few articles for the maritime sector.

As you say, they're just about negatively buoyant, so sit just under the surface. It's a bigger issue than many people appreciate, in terms of the numbers estimated to be out there.

Latest Threads