Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date
Why would they need life boats, they're all very intelligent high skilled migrants, they could make their own lifeboats in minutes surely

Indeed: on the BBC Wales cutaway during BBC Breakfast this morning, a illegal immigrant refugee offered the defence that it was inhuman to cage all these doctors, engineers, nurses, teachers ad infinitum in such conditions:

Last edited:

syrup

LE
Indeed: on the BBC Wales cutaway during BBC Breakfast this morning, a illegal immigrant refugee offered the defence that it was inhuman to cage all these doctors, engineers, nurses, teachers ad infinitumin in such conditions:

1) They are not asylum seekers they could gave done that in half a dozen countries.
2) He's correct they won't be there permanent
Hopefully they will be deported shortly.
3) We said about 20 pages back when it was first announced they were going into camps they'd claim mental health and triggers about fleeing war.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Seems a bit of action might be being taken at last.

Three Britons arrested in bust on suspected people smuggling ring

What's the score on the migrants' handphones? I presume the police have no power to examine them as they are not suspected criminals (merely rescued seafarers) but it would surely be helpful in finding out who is behind the operation. Could it be a condition of applying for asylum that you surrender your electronic devices for examination to verify your claims?

syrup

LE
We seem to be loosing sight of the objective of DETERING the buggers!!

To my knowledge, cruise ships - even old ones - are quite palatial, individual cabins, plush fittings, etc.. Just as much a draw as posh hotels :( !!

Twelve to a nissan hut, central little coke fires, army spring beds, and rough blankets, were all good enough for all of us . . . so can be considered more than "generous" for this lot !!

If such conditions can be replicated thousands of miles away, on a barren, extremely hot/cold/desolate landscape, all the better ;) !!

Ferries don't have luxury
We used to be 4 to a cabin when we went to Germany.
Not very big cabins as well
Cram them in there and put posters in the wall about how nice it is in Europe
Soon see some change their minds

Ferries don't have luxury
We used to be 4 to a cabin when we went to Germany.
Not very big cabins as well
Cram them in there and put posters in the wall about how nice it is in Turkey
Soon see some change their minds

Slight amendment, that would be amusing to watch

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
while they are announcing all of these grand schemes
the temperature is dropping
the night are drawing in
and the channel is going to be far too rough to cross
but they have all made promises, and as the problem will soon go away for six months they can blether on about something else
myself I dont like the idea of using old ferries or cruise ships, unless they can be moored in a harbour, otherwise how will you get staff on, police, doctors etc when things go wrong

Wee Nippi has vowed to oppose illegal immigrants being" treated like cattle" on Scottish islands.

Why?

Are they fed till they get fat and then slaughtered in some kind of Soylent Green walting, or do they get milked everyday on Scottish islands?

Migrants are being held in an ex army barracks in Folkstone and hotels around the UK.
I saw on the news just now that migrants are housed in a hotel in Scotland. They were protesting about the conditions they were housed in.

You couldn’t make this up.