Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Channel Migrant Issue

• Thread starter Deleted 3147
  • Start date

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Heard last week that one of the training camps 3/4 mile from my house has been earmarked for use as a gimmegrant gulag. I won't bore you with my nimby wails, but suffice it to say I have a shedload more solar security lights round the back alley where I park, anything that can't be stored away in the back garden is now padlocked to shiny new hasps, and I'm thinking of topping the wall with anti pigeon spikes.

Heard last week that one of the training camps 3/4 mile from my house has been earmarked for use as a gimmegrant gulag. I won't bore you with my nimby wails, but suffice it to say I have a shedload more solar security lights round the back alley where I park, anything that can't be stored away in the back garden is now padlocked to shiny new hasps, and I'm thinking of topping the wall with anti pigeon spikes.
Housing these parasites in former military barracks will not end well once boredom kicks in.
Presumably, they'll be allowed to roam the local area, stealing, raping & murdering.
The only way to stop this invasion is extreme force, & although it's what the majority may want, it won't happen.
This will just go on & on.

Get some of the blank shotgun alarms which come with trip wires for inside your sheds. Apparently they are louder if placed inside an oil drum..... or so I’m told......

Totally legal with the added benefit that as well as getting warned of anyone after your property that they won’t hear you coming to warn them about the bit of 2”x2” that always seems falls from the roof into your head when it goes off.

Edit: Amazon sells them - search Bisley Alarm Mine 12g 12 Gauge Security Burglars Intruders Galvanized Steel Trip, happy shopping.

Last edited:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Be careful with those, they might hurt someone.
Heaven forfend!

My first thoughts were broken glass in cement or razor wire, but SWMBO has vetoed them for aesthetic reasons. I doubt I will fit pigeon spikes either, as I want my cat to retain her fur and paws. So for the present (working from home) it's just me and a baseball bat. And a truncheon. And an axe. And in extremis my SMLE, along with bayonet...

Heaven forfend!

My first thoughts were broken glass in cement or razor wire, but SWMBO has vetoed them for aesthetic reasons. I doubt I will fit pigeon spikes either, as I want my cat to retain her fur and paws. So for the present (working from home) it's just me and a baseball bat. And a truncheon. And an axe. And in extremis my SMLE, along with bayonet...

they don't like it up em

When my garden furniture was nicked at the beginning of this panicdemic, I strung .35mm florists wire across the garden at neck height.
Very strong & at about £4 for 100m, good value.
Just let your missus know......

Heaven forfend!

My Dad was destined to work in the family pub/hotel business, he went off to do his training at various pubs. He went to one in Liverpool. His first job was to reinforce the broken glass on top of the pub yard walls.

When my garden furniture was nicked at the beginning of this panicdemic, I strung .35mm florists wire across the garden at neck height.
Very strong & at about £4 for 100m, good value.
Just let your missus know......
Further to that, buy the black coloured wire & coat it with a 50/50 mix of pva & water. That will dull it completely & make it virtually invisible in the dark even with a torch.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Very busy this morning, 4 RNLI, 4 BF, 2 x PB's, and 2 SAR helos up dealing with incidents mid channel.
Has there been a collision between 2 cargo ships?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Has there been a collision between 2 cargo ships?

More likely RNLI and Border Force fighting over the right to help illegal immigrants to UK.

NSP

LE
I'm listening to Mike Graham on talkRADIO discussing this issue of housing them in army camps at the moment and apparently there's one in Wales where the actual squaddies accommodated there have been turfed out into tents to free up the barracks for the immigrants.

I know it's tabloid radio and he seems given to sensationalism but - you what...???

@NSP - you need to do a v quick edit, chap, before some unkindly sod quotes your post, ensuring that you'll be ridiculed for all time :cool:

. . . well, ridiculed for an hour, anyway.

*'wails', if you're unsure.

NSP

LE
@NSP - you need to do a v quick edit, chap, before some unkindly sod quotes your post, ensuring that you'll be ridiculed for all time :cool:

. . . well, ridiculed for an hour, anyway.

*'wails', if you're unsure.
Auto-correct - it's your own worse enema.

However, I was mildly ahead of you...

As much as I admire the work that the RNLI do, it's enough to make me consider cancelling the direct debit.

My last donation was to Snails (RIP) brother when the mad bastard decided to run ludicrous distances to raise money for RNLI.

Soon after that we learned massive amounts of their equipment was being sent to the eastern Mediterranean to help facilitate the safe passage of illegal immigrants by people traffickers - from Turkey to Greece.

That and other bollocks like buying swimming costumes for East African girls - to help them learn how to swim.

A lifetime of putting change into the lifeboat on the pubs bar, ended then.

Class 66

Old-Salt
Heaven forfend!

No Tikka Tac A1? come on man get with it!

Heaven forfend!

I prefer my 100 odd year old sabre or alternatively, my 40 odd year old entrenching tool.