Cross Bde boundary units

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Jun 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Just having a thought: are there any difficulties faced by units which have sub-units in different Bdes?

msr

2. MSR My first unit had bty's dotted all over the place. When it came to which brigade we fell into the deciding factor was where the RHQ was located (at least thats how it semed from being the lowest of the low VM's in the LAD)

Edited 'cos I forgot to put my eye's in before typing (well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

3. from the sub-unit point of view.
    just the usual - over expectation of your commitment, i.e admincom bde still expects the sub-unit to complete bde tasks without fully realising the amount of tasks required by the sub-units regt and opcom bde.
    the only way round that, is to have representation at admincon units conferences and also get the comd down for a unit brief and a chat to ensure that he is fully aware all your constraints while still looking helpful and interested.

4. My parent unit is in a similar postion with an Admin con for 3 sqns different to the Opcon of the regt, since its way above my payscale I dont worry about it, that and the fact I'm posted into our admincon Bde!!

5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Agreed.

Two SAAMs, 2 Exec Stretches etc.

On the plus side, two RTCs to book courses with, two chances for tickets to events etc, etc

6. (oops, meant admincon bde confs...)

which is why i had 15 to the pageant and have a large amount to the garden party and getting the T&S for those.
    it is very obvious if sub-unit/ unit try to play the higher formations off against each other, so don't do it, just be honest with what you can do, and keep everybody informed.

7. msr

msr LE

So would there be any advantage in bringing units within one Bde?

msr

8. possibly, if all sub-units are on the mainland - equip inspections, MS, commitments all under the one bde. not always possible geographically, but it may make life easier in the long run. would definitely make things easier for the sub-unit OC - has to report to RHQ, not RHQ and a Bde.