Crooks in the Lords will be expelled

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
What about the "crooks" in the Commons?

It would have been more believeable if some of the crooks in Cleggs own party weren't quickly returned to senior positions within the government, following a period of backbench perdour. For the smaller party they seem to have a large number of MP's and Peers who have been involved in criminality.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
After Clegg brought David Laws back into the cabinet ..

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't believe the police were ever involved in Warsi's expenses controversy. It was all glossed over.

Harold Wilson's chum Lord Kagan, and Lord Archer both went to jug and came back to strut their stuff in the Lords afterwards.

Meanwhile, as in my post above, Cleggy may froth all he likes but he doesn't have clean hands.

Clegg 'pledges' to get them expelled does he? He's got great form for honouring pledges

He might have well said, "They'll get a Chinese-Wristburn and it'll bloody well hurt ya'know!"

I always new Clegg was a "good un" when he signed up to and also got all of his party to sign up to not increasing student loans. Now there goes a man of his word I thought!

I know he will perform just as admirably over this scandal involving the less than noble Lords.

Nick :- "David, as Deputy Prime Minister I insist that we..."
CMD:- "**** off Nick I'm watching Cash In The Attic"
Nick "..."

And we'll all live happily ever after.

Would any MP's get really get heavy with the great Parliament retirement home?

Those Carlton/Reform Club's fee's won't pay themselves you know

Of course they will.

Baroness Uddin....The first female Muslim in the House of Lords, she was investigated as part of the parliamentary expenses scandal and required to repay over £120,000. She was suspended from membership of the House of Lords from October 2010 until May 2012.

What about the "crooks" in the Commons?
Because of their lower status are they not classified as relatively minor " crooks in waiting " . Surely we still do not have problems in both Houses ... Hi Hi .

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
while cleggy was trying to push his useless lords reform through, there was allready a much better lib dem proposal from David Steel which would have got rid of the crooks, super elderly and stopped bought seats by big donors.

it would have culled the lords by around a third and slapped the rest into shape.