CROCODILE HUNTER, Steve IRWIN killed filming documentry

Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, has been killed at Port Douglas, Queensland whilst filming a documentary.

Steve Irwin dead
September 4, 2006 - 2:31PM
Source: ABC
The Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, has died after he was stung by a stingray off the far north Queensland coast.

The ambulance service says he was diving near Low Isles off Port Douglas when the incident happened around 11am AEST.

A helicopter carrying paramedics flew to the island, but he died from a stingray barb to the heart.

His next off kin are being flown from Brisbane to Cairns this afternoon

Sympathy to his family and the staff at Australia Zoo
RIP mate.

He will be sorely missed if only for personality, let alone the impact on peoples knowledge of the various beasties he would introduce to them.

Jeez, that is too bad.

I'm sure he'll be the subject of plenty of jokes in time. However, he was an interesting and entertaining personality. Crazy, sure, but everyone needs a healthy dose of insanity every now and then. He will be missed.

BBC News

A big loss simply for the passion he had about his work. Even though he did manage to urine off a few to many snakes.

RIP, I am just surprised he lasted this long.
RIP to a good man who was passionate about wildlife and the environment.
Thoughts and prayers with the family and the friends and his loyal staff.
Rest in Peace a man who brought a billion smiles to tv viewers everywhere not jsut entertaining but also educational and informative.
I'm sure he'll be chasing snakes upstairs.

it's a real pity, little bit ironic that a stingray killed him, after all the crocodile and snakes he's dealt with!

rip mate

I always thought that raving loony would be ripped to shreds by a crocodile 8O
A bloody funny guy who lived life to the full.
damn, bloody liked this guy. no more "what a beauty" went out doing what he loved! and not by a bus like I thought he would go!
strewth bruce.....................not good.

feckin kids & me love his programmes.

RIP fella at least you met your maker doing what you loved.
Poor guy. I always thought he would still be wrestling crocs into his 80s.

The sad thing is that people get stung by stingrays all the time and don't die. Pretty much anywhere but the heart and Steve would probably have made it.
Oh heck! I've just heard the news whilst having my tea and toast and I nearly choked (that would have been justice for you), as I had him down as one of my 'punchable faces' on ARRSE - Here

I feel terrible now........ :oops: