Croc shoes. Can a real man wear them ??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Killaloe, May 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Two of my wee ones wear Crocs and decorate them with thingys that you push through the holes.

Have been thinking of getting a pair for myself. The kids swear by them and say they are very comfortable.

Would not be going for a Bubblegum Pink colour but probably Olive Drab or a Stone colour. Mrs K thinks that I am too old, but I have seen Glastonbury tree huggers 20 years older than me wear them.

Or am I facing a mid life crisis and is wearing Crocs akin to me going out and buying a Raleigh Grifter or Chopper and trying to recpature youth ?

Are any fellow Arrsers wearers of Crocs ?

2. They look snappy :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. No, just no
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

They might go quite well with that beige sweater of yours with the elbow pads, and the 'it ain't half hot mum' shorts, and that rather snazzy handkercheif you wear on your head on sunny days.
  5. Like earrings, those shoes should never be worn by men over the age of 20.
  6. Sorry, you are on the verge of gayness. No-one can wear stuff their kids wear and stay fashionable.
  7. Wrong on every level, just plain gay.
  8. So wrong there is even a facebook group against them.
  9. from a females point of view you have two options,

1/ Go for a dark colour, i.e black or navy and hope no one will notice or

2/ Go for something loud like bright green or yellow and smack anyone who sniggers :)

My Mum wears orange ones, mainly at the beach, going to and from gym classes and swimming and couldn't give a monkeys, although she does find it a bugger to drive wearing them, and will drive bare footed.
  10. You're gay just for asking and not knowing how wrong that is.
  11. Cheap copies from "The Camp Shop" in Brecon(£8 IIRC) ,are legal for shower use IMO !
  12. Acceptable on the beach or at a pool party only. They make yer feet sweat like 'uck tho'.

Get pastel colours and everybody'll think your avant garde. :twisted:
  13. Or a raving arrse bandit.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. I'm going to echo what a previous poster said and say they are good for in the showers only. Well, better than getting athletes foot. And my cheap knock-off ones were only 3 quid :D
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You heard it here first Killaloe - they're so gay that even gay people refuse to wear them.

You're in Gok city here bloke. Forget having a word with yourself, just get some rope and learn to make a noose.