Critique whore

I don't get many visitors to my blog and they are mostly family.
If you've got the time have a look at my blog and fluff my ego, or preferably give me some honest critique, thanks in advance, Bombmac

bombmacsblogspot

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
cant see anything to critique, tbh. they all look good. particularly liked the beach/water/sky one three or four in.

B

Barbarella

Very nice... What camera do you use? Particularly like the ones added Aug 21 - and the colouring on the waterfall pic. Have you ever held a formal exhibition?

Really? Obviously you're a self licking lolly-pop. Enjoy yourself. I doubt others will.
You forgot to RTFQ, everybody licks my lollipop, I need folks to tel me if it is too small or too sweet or just crap.

Very nice... What camera do you use? Particularly like the ones added Aug 21 - and the colouring on the waterfall pic. Have you ever held a formal exhibition?
I use a Canon 400d, and the only thing I formally exhibited landed me in trouble.
Thanks for looking and I do appreciate the feedback.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I use a Canon 400d, and the only thing I formally exhibited landed me in trouble.
Thanks for looking and I do appreciate the feedback.
that might be an area for improvement...Nikon for teh win! ;)

In fact I retract. They're actually really fantastic phots. Sorry for being a fister.

In fact I retract. They're actually really fantastic phots. Sorry for being a fister.
You are too kind and if it was in my nature I would accept your offer,I take it your avatar has completed his underwater knife fighting course.

You are too kind and if it was in my nature I would accept your offer,I take it your avatar has completed his underwater knife fighting course.
Don't be stupid. Do you see opposable thumbs?

I didn't do the course so I wasn't sure it was a prerequisite, he does looks nails though.
The "Sub-Aquatic Chihuahua Ninja Course" does actually state that without the requisite thumbs you'll more than likely fail the course.

What is the 8th one down?

What is the 8th one down?

It's an old milk crate, tried a bit of abstract photoshop on it as the original photo had nothing to say.

It's an old milk crate, tried a bit of abstract photoshop on it as the original photo had nothing to say.
Sorry,I still don't get that one,not just from not recognising it but as a photo in general ( but thats just me). Now the black & white fireworks are very good.

Well you asked and of course this is just my opinion. First 10:

1. Burnt out highlights on the lake detract from the overall image

2. OK. But I might have moved more to the left if possible or croped on the left a little. Or if you want more of the mountain move to the right this would also move the tree to the left a little.

3. Might sound odd but the tree seems to big. Also blown highlights in the sky lack texture/contrast.

4. What was your intended point of focus? It seems to be the fungus on the left of the largest fungus. Did you try focusing on this one and throwing the others out of focus?

5. I kinda like this one.

6. Not sure I like the lack of sky. Now if you could edit in a moody sky.....

7. I'd be tempted to fill the frame more and the lighter grass stems in the background are distracting.

8. Like the idea - just does not seem balanced for me.

9. Not very sharp - lacks a little depth/contrast for me.

10. More like a record shot of a flower.

As I said just my personal opinion and I am not saying that I could do any better myself but that is my honest critique.

However just going through them quickly the stand out ones for me are:

a. 5 - The water covered sand

b. 12 - The rusty springs

c. 15 - The plastic bouys(?)

d. 22 - The netting

e. 38 - The illuminated walkway (even if it is a little soft)

f. 44 - The blue seascape

And of course in my opinion the image should capture your attention and then you will look more deeply into it.

Regards,

Q.

Edited to add: Have saved your blog to my favourites so will have a better look when I am not so tired. But I do like the look of some of your abstract work.

Some good pics there. I cant criticise any of them as I am absolutely devoid of any artistic talent or taste in colour and form (hence once being sold a mauve blazer by a gay tailor in Aldershot). But they look good to me. How about doing a collection of ladies pubic hair photos to complement the ladies thread?